Next best thing for the US (and perhaps the world)

mizdarby

Straw Poll of voting intentions  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in 2012 US Elections

• Barack Obama/Democrats
    • Mitt Romney/Republicans
    • Any Other/Third Party such as Libertarian/Green etc
    • All political parties are a waste of my vote

Colourwheel – I believe you may just want to accept the fact that there is at least one individual in the US who is going to vote this year who is currently wearing a tinfoil hat as they sit in a corner rocking back and forth hugging their cell phone and mumbling about their precious minutes. Sadly, there seems to be a fairly large number of people who do get to vote simply because they exist and who have no idea and cannot be convinced of the issues that exist. Simply, you are flogging a dead horse here.

Eventually people wise up to all the same election gimmicks the Democratic Party has been using for the last 30 years, like telling grandma the Republicans are going to take away her social security check, using class warfare, and the race card to scare people. And none of the slanderous lies they say ever happen, but the same group of morons just keep buying into the same nonsense every election cycle. There is a reason that people vote Republican when they get older, its because they wise up. For the youth of America, these parroted gimmicks are new, because they haven't been exposed to politics but that only lasts for so long. Idiots are the gift that keeps on giving for the Democratic Party.

As bad as George Bush was, Obama has done a far worse job. And Jimmy Carter can rest easy knowing that he is no longer the worst president we've ever had.

Edited by Beriallord

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually people wise up to all the same election gimmicks the Democratic Party has been using for the last 30 years, like telling grandma the Republicans are going to take away her social security check, using class warfare, and the race card to scare people. And none of the slanderous lies they say ever happen, but the same group of morons just keep buying into the same nonsense every election cycle. There is a reason that people vote Republican when they get older, its because they wise up. For the youth of America, these parroted gimmicks are new, because they haven't been exposed to politics but that only lasts for so long. Idiots are the gift that keeps on giving for the Democratic Party.

Paul Ryan wants to turn medicare into a voucher program, you would probably know this if you read his plan. What happens when the value of the voucher coupons become worth less than $200? Or what happens if an elder runs out of coupons?

With Romney backing up Paul ryans plan I don't see a bright future for the elders in America. With Republicans like Ryan and Romney in office the probability of people even living long enough after they retire is probably small unless you are rich. Also ultimately Romney has stated to the press "in the past" he wants to get rid of Social security too. Note I stated "in the past" because you never know with mitt romney because he tends to change his mind on the dime of people asking him any questions. lol

Unless the Elders you are talking about are so misinformed about Ryan's plan, not too many elders are actaully supporting Romney this election.

If you understand anything about any political party bases a majority is made up of low information voters. So your statement could be quite true when you mention Idiots and morons.

but...

Maybe this will wise you up on the retrospect of the people who also support the republican party. I can name a quite a few republicans currently in political office who fall under the description of "Idiots and morons".

Also speaking of lies... I could match you with more documented lies just from Romney alone than you could match with the accusations you are telling me that supposedly exist that are coming out of the Democratic party the last 30 years.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/08/29/mitt-romney-tells-533-lies-in-30-weeks-steve-benen-documents-them/

good luck topping me with 533 Democratic lies...

Edited by colourwheel

Colourwheel – I believe you may just want to accept the fact that there is at least one individual in the US who is going to vote this year who is currently wearing a tinfoil hat as they sit in a corner rocking back and forth hugging their cell phone and mumbling about their precious minutes. Sadly, there seems to be a fairly large number of people who do get to vote simply because they exist and who have no idea and cannot be convinced of the issues that exist. Simply, you are flogging a dead horse here.

As bad as George Bush was, Obama has done a far worse job. And Jimmy Carter can rest easy knowing that he is no longer the worst president we've ever had.

Now that you've told us the Democrats suck and why, perhaps you would like to tell us why for you the Republicans are a far better choice? Some of it I can understand: I'd rather do for myself and take care of myself when at all possible, I agree with the Second Amendment, I support military action when it's genuinely needed and not just because "We don't like how those people live" and a few other perfectly reasonable things. Earlier in the year, I was staunchly, almost blindly, liberal, but I find myself swinging to a more moderate position and overall, I'm developing an attitude of "Both sides suck, I'll vote, but I just want this crap over with now."

I just can't get behind the whole "Poor little wimmins can't be be trusted with their own bodies" rhetoric or the lack of concern for the environment in favor of making more money (Last time I checked, you guys breathe the same air and drink the same water we do :P) and the lack of regard for education (Public schools exist so everyone can have an eduction, not just the rich, and if you can show me a rich teacher working for a public school, I'll print these words out and eat them. If you can't, they're not overpaid).

Now that you've told us the Democrats suck and why, perhaps you would like to tell us why for you the Republicans are a far better choice? Some of it I can understand: I'd rather do for myself and take care of myself when at all possible, I agree with the Second Amendment, I support military action when it's genuinely needed and not just because "We don't like how those people live" and a few other perfectly reasonable things. Earlier in the year, I was staunchly, almost blindly, liberal, but I find myself swinging to a more moderate position and overall, I'm developing an attitude of "Both sides suck, I'll vote, but I just want this crap over with now."

I just can't get behind the whole "Poor little wimmins can't be be trusted with their own bodies" rhetoric or the lack of concern for the environment in favor of making more money (Last time I checked, you guys breathe the same air and drink the same water we do :P) and the lack of regard for education (Public schools exist so everyone can have an eduction, not just the rich, and if you can show me a rich teacher working for a public school, I'll print these words out and eat them. If you can't, they're not overpaid).

You got a choice between the fools and the crooks, or the lesser of evils. That is how I look at it. In the case of Romney over Obama, the choice is between a crook (Romney) or a fool (Obama). Most of the time you can guess where the crooks stand, its the fools that scare me. Whether someone is a fool or a crook isn't always Democrat or Republican. Bush was a fool.

Edited by Beriallord

You got a choice between the fools and the crooks, or the lesser of evils. That is how I look at it. In the case of Romney over Obama, the choice is between a crook (Romney) or a fool (Obama). Most of the time you can guess where the crooks stand, its the fools that scare me. Whether someone is a fool or a crook isn't always Democrat or Republican. Bush was a fool.

Romney fits you then because you seem to change you mind on things faster than Romney does. I thought the reason why you were voting for Romney was because the democratic party was calling you on your cell phone taking up all your minutes. Ironic you state you know where Romney stand on things. Even I will admit I don't even know where romney stands on things anymore...

I actually wasn't even going to vote in this election, but I changed my mind and am going to cast a vote for Romney.

Actually the thing that tipped my decision was the Democratic Party calling my cell phone up and wasting my minutes. Registered independents get called by both political parties.

Atleast you are honest about changing your mind...

Edited by colourwheel

Paul Ryan wants to turn medicare into a voucher program, you would probably know this if you read his plan. What happens when the value of the voucher coupons become worth less than $200? Or what happens if an elder runs out of coupons?

Well this country is broke, and I don't hear too many other people coming up with any other ideas to fix the problems we got. At least he has the nerve to come up with a plan and put it forward. Something like vouchers could work if it was implemented correctly. There would need to be another system in place for critical care, major surgery, and extended hospital visits. But vouchers would work fine for something like doctor visits and regular checkups, and maybe medications. Then people could just choose where they wanted to go. If the vouchers were backed by the dollar, then they would hold their value. Food stamps in most states have turned into "limited cash", meaning you can only use the funds for certain goods like food. Vouchers could work the same way, but for medical care.

With Romney backing up Paul ryans plan I don't see a bright future for the elders in America. With Republicans like Ryan and Romney in office the probability of people even living long enough after they retire is probably small unless you are rich. Also ultimately Romney has stated to the press "in the past" he wants to get rid of Social security too. Note I stated "in the past" because you never know with mitt romney because he tends to change his mind on the dime of people asking him any questions. lol

Social Security will eventually go broke. I'm paying into the system right now, with absolute zero expectation of being able to draw it when I get old. I don't believe its going to last that long. Anyone my age better not be counting on social security to be there, and better make sure they save up for their retirement, or find a nice cozy bridge to camp under. The higher the nation's debt goes, and the worse the economy gets, the more likely it becomes these programs like welfare, medicare and social security will be unsustainable. The system can't work if you got more people using these programs than paying into them. And you can't just place draconian tax rates on the rich either, or they will just pack up and leave, then who are they going to tax? They can't just keep borrowing money and printing money out of thin air, or next thing you know we will end up like the Weimar Republic.

Maybe this will wise you up on the retrospect of the people who also support the republican party. I can name a quite a few republicans currently in political office who fall under the description of "Idiots and morons".

Bush was a fool. That much was obvious. And the problem is you are trying to change the opinion/views of someone who doesn't even remotely see eye to eye with you. I believe its talked about in the debates section sticky.

Also speaking of lies... I could match you with more documented lies just from the Romney alone than you could match with the accusations you are telling me that supposedly exist that are coming out of the Democratic party the last 30 years.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/08/29/mitt-romney-tells-533-lies-in-30-weeks-steve-benen-documents-them/

good luck topping me with 533 Democratic lies...

Some of these supposed lies, aren't actually lies, but have some truth to them:

1. Romney campaigning in Iowa on Sunday: “[W]hen the president went around at the beginning of his term and apologized for America around the world, it made us just heartsick.”

He’s lying; the president never apologized for America. Romney knows this, but he keeps making the claim anyway.

I remember the reaction I had at the time to some of Obama's speeches in the middle east, and he did sound like he was apologizing. So this isn't exactly a lie, because I heard some of those speeches myself.

I'm not going to pick through all 533 supposed lies and look into each claim. I know for a fact politicians do lie, on both sides, repeatedly.

Edited by Beriallord

I'm not going to pick through all 533 supposed lies and look into each claim. I know for a fact politicians do lie, on both sides, repeatedly.

You have to be honest with yourself not not many politicians on either political party lie as much as just romney alone. If you think so you are only fooling yourself.

Edited by colourwheel

Romney fits you then because you seem to change you mind on things faster than Romney does. I thought the reason why you were voting for Romney was because the democratic party was calling you on your cell phone taking up all your minutes. Ironic you state you know where he stand on things. Even I will admit I don't even know where romney stands on things anymore...

Uh yeah? I wasn't going to waste my time voting previously, because Romney wins big in my State. That doesn't mean I didn't already have an opinion about the candidates. The DNC called me to vote for their Senator that was on the ropes, and that was rude of them to call my cell phone. Its unethical to do that due to limited plans. If you don't think that is rude, then I don't know what to tell you. Stuff like that NEVER happened until they released cell phone #s as public record. Which was an infringement on privacy.

You have to be honest with yourself not not many politicians on either political party lie as much as just romney alone. If you think so you are only fooling yourself.

I recall in the 1st debate, Obama was caught lying, and Romney called him out on it. Obama said corporations get a tax break for shipping jobs overseas. Which was a lie. Then he tilted his head down like a scalded child.

I recall in the 1st debate, Obama was caught lying, and Romney called him out on it. Obama said corporations get a tax break for shipping jobs overseas. Which was a lie. Then he tilted his head down like a scalded child.

If you really remember the 1st debate Obama wasn't really caught lying. But going back to the 1st debate

Actually they were both right....

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/talking-tax-breaks-for-offshoring/

Obama just gave a bad performance the 1st debate like Romney gave a bad performance the last debate.

But i want to go back to this statement.....

Bush was a fool. That much was obvious. And the problem is you are trying to change the opinion/views of someone who doesn't even remotely see eye to eye with you. I believe its talked about in the debates section sticky.

I can agree that bush was a fool. But what evidence throughout this whole thread am I trying to change the opinion/views of someone who doesn't even remotely see eye to eye with me?

Presenting credible facts and evidence that debunk another persons arguement is one thing but I have not remotely suggested in any way trying to change anyones views or opinions.

But then it can be argued what someone like you would think what a view or opinion is over actual documented facts and evidence.

Like example... You can't say Romneys plan will work because there is no actual studies or data that prove his plan will work. But... There is actual research suggestion Romney's economical plan will not work.

http://www.brookings.edu/research/papers/2012/08/01-tax-reform-brown-gale-looney

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-12/the-final-word-on-mitt-romney-s-tax-plan.html

Me presenting documentation, data or facts is not the same as trying to change someones view or opinion.

For someone who is a good businessman Romney sure is bad at math. There is no way Romney's plan would work without cutting funding that would hurt a huge majority of Americans. Which is why Romney won't give out details about what he would cut because if people knew he would probably be a very unpopular President for people who even support the republican party when they will endup loosing their homes if likely mortgage interest deduction were removed.

Edited by colourwheel