Next best thing for the US (and perhaps the world)

mizdarby

Straw Poll of voting intentions  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in 2012 US Elections

• Barack Obama/Democrats
    • Mitt Romney/Republicans
    • Any Other/Third Party such as Libertarian/Green etc
    • All political parties are a waste of my vote

So, 2068 cases out of 197,000,000 votes is rampant voter fraud? OK. If you say so.

Tell you what, I'll give you $197 million dollars, you give it all away except for $2068.00 that you keep for yourself and then tell me how happy you are with the rampant amount of money you kept.

I fully accept that you believe 2068 out of 197 million is "rampant" and that no argument will convince you otherwise.

I corrected the "rampant" part in a previous post and admitted to using the wrong word, but my opinion regarding voter IDs still stands.

I also have a question. If voter ID is the answer to the rampant voter fraud you say you know of, why is it that Kansas, which has the strictest voter ID law in the USA, still has voter fraud occurring and more cases of actual fraud (double voting) than California (mainly unlawful registration - not voting issues) a state that has no voter ID law?

Perhaps the answer is that the registration and voting system is actually pretty good in the USA at identifying who may vote and really doesn't need a voter ID law to make it safe from the rampant fraud you say is occurring.

Even if voter fraud isn't limited to IDs, and people aren't frequently caught for it, I still don't have a problem with showing a valid ID to vote.

So a good employee who has provided 4 years of good work is not entitled to raises and incentives from $15/hour to $19/hour? I am so glad I do not work for you.

Entitled? See that is the attitude that is wrong with this country. There are people who would be willing to take those same jobs for a bit less than $19/hr.

I would suppose then that you find the pay scales for the executives at Ford quite acceptable and completely worthwhile since they have a degree. I mean Ford only made 20 billion in profits last year so they are obviously going broke.

I don't have a problem with CEOs that make lead their company into doing well getting paid extremely well for it. The problem I got is CEOs that run their company into the ground, keep their jobs, get bailed out by the government, and use bailout money to give themselves raises/bonuses.

In 2009 when the auto industry was supposedly collapsing the UAW was forced into giving up wages including the elimination of cost-of-living allowances and workers were laid off. The UAW did this to ensure their retiree health care trust fund would continue. Allan Mulally and Bill Ford agreed to a salary cut and loss of bonuses as a gesture of “equal sacrifice”.

In 2011, workers gave up three or four raises and break time and younger workers went on half pay ($14.00/hr) and the UAW even gave up more in the contracts.

Meanwhile, Ford made 20 billion in profits and executives were paid, from the lowest to highest - between 5 million and up to 22 million a year, plus bonuses and incentives and Ford resumed paying dividends to its big investors. Alan Mulally was paid $29.5 million (2011), plus $58.3 million in incentives. In 2010 and 2011 he made more than 100 million dollars.

So the Unions had to make a compromise to keep their jobs? Why is that so surprising? Did they really have a choice?

Beriallord - I'll let you live in your world of what you think is fair, but please do not ask me to accept it.

Likewise. Which is why I went from not really caring who wins to me going to the polls the 6th to cast a vote for Romney and vote out a Democratic Senator.

Edited by Beriallord

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually wasn't even going to vote in this election, but I changed my mind and am going to cast a vote for Romney. Also we got a senator that needs to take a hike right along with Obama, and he is on the rail this election. Obama getting the boot and - 1 to the Democratic Senate would be a great victory.

Good luck voting this year if you haven't already registered. The Republican party has made it so hard to vote this year if you haven't already registered last week in most states you won't beable to vote. The republican party might have just disenfranchised you from voting.

Edited by colourwheel

I actually wasn't even going to vote in this election, but I changed my mind and am going to cast a vote for Romney. Also we got a senator that needs to take a hike right along with Obama, and he is on the rail this election. Obama getting the boot and - 1 to the Democratic Senate would be a great victory.

Good luck voting this year if you haven't already registered. The Republican party has made it so hard to vote this year if you haven't already registered last week in most states you won't beable to vote. The republican party might have just disenfranchised you from voting.

I've been registered for years. You only have to do it once. Actually the thing that tipped my decision was the Democratic Party calling my cell phone up and wasting my minutes. Registered independents get called by both political parties. At least the Republicans have the courtesy not to call my cell phone! And they were trying to get me to re-elect their worthless Senator, and the best pitch they could make to re-elect him was he saved 300 jobs or something. If that is the best he can do then he obviously isn't cut out for the job.

I've been registered for years. You only have to do it once. Actually the thing that tipped my decision was the Democratic Party calling my cell phone up and wasting my minutes. Registered independents get called by both political parties. At least the Republicans have the courtesy not to call my cell phone! And they were trying to get me to re-elect their worthless Senator, and the best pitch they could make to re-elect him was he saved 300 jobs or something. If that is the best he can do then he obviously isn't cut out for the job.

This is not true. You have to get your Voting registration renewed everytime you move out of state or change postal address. Also your valid voting registration card will become void if you stop voting for a few years. You might want to check up and see how the Republican party might have just unintentionally disenfranchised you one of their supporters from voting this year. Depending on which state you live in you might need to register again to vote if you haven't voted in the past 4 years. The republican party has been very sneaky this year.

Edited by colourwheel

This is not true. You have to get your Voting registration renewed everytime you move out of state or change postal address. Also your valid voting registration card will become void if you stop voting for a few years. You might want to check up and see how the Republican party might have just unintentionally disenfranchised you one of their supporters from voting this year. Depending on which state you live in you might need to register again to vote if you haven't voted in the past 4 years. The republican party has been very sneaky this year.

Yeah even though we got a Democratic Governor, its the Republicans fault if I didn't make sure I'm properly registered to vote.

Yeah even though we got a Democratic Governor, its the Republicans fault if I didn't make sure I'm properly registered to vote.

I am glad you agree because all voting legislation that is repressing people from voting is coming from the republican party.

You didn't get the sarcasm from that post? I intended it to be sarcasm.

Damn those Republicans for pulling a fast one on me because I actually have to re-register after I move? If you move, the location of your polling station changes to one closer to you, so it only makes perfect sense that you have to let them know that you moved, so they got you in the book when you go to vote. Even though EVERYBODY has to do this, Democrats still want to claim it disenfranchises minorities, like they assume they are somehow less responsible than everybody else. Which seems awfully racist of them to assume that. Democrats often like to play the race card, when ironically its them who are being racist.

Edited by Beriallord

You didn't get the sarcasm from that post? I intended it to be sarcasm.

Damn those Republicans for pulling a fast one on me because I actually have to re-register after I move? If you move, the location of your polling station changes to one closer to you, so it only makes perfect sense that you have to let them know that you moved, so they got you in the book when you go to vote. Even though EVERYBODY has to do this, Democrats still want to claim it disenfranchises minorities, like they assume they are somehow less responsible than everybody else. Which seems awfully racist of them to assume that. Democrats often like to play the race card, when ironically its them who are being racist.

It's more racist and discriminating than you realize. A majority of americans that are near the poverty level or even below the middle class tend to have more of a consistency of moving from one place to another. You are just not seeing the bigger picture here about how the republican party is trying to disenfranchise a large number of americans from voting. Making it harder for people to register each year is targeted towards minorities. So If you are saying it's not racist, it's almost worst than being racist, it's totally discriminating a large amount of people of all races.

Edited by colourwheel

It's more racist and discriminating than you realize. A majority of americans that are near the poverty level or even below the middle class tend to have more of a consistency of moving from one place to another. You are just not seeing the bigger picture here about how the republican party is trying to disenfranchise a large number of americans from voting. Making it harder for people to register each year is targeted towards minorities. So If you are saying it's not racist, it's almost worst than being racist, it's totally discriminating a large amount of people of all races.

Yeah its like the 1960s when they were hosing down Black people :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, we got a Democratic governor, and he isn't seeking to make any changes to the way the State handles elections. But its STILL those evil racist Republicans fault.

If you don't like the way voting and elections are handled, fair enough, but its unfair to throw the blame to one side, when its often the exact same way when either party has the power to make the decisions.

This whole idea about Republicans seeking to suppress the minority vote? I might have to get my tinfoil hat out for that one!! :biggrin:

Edited by Beriallord

Yeah its like the 1960s when they were hosing down Black people :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, we got a Democratic governor, and he isn't seeking to make any changes to the way the State handles elections. But its STILL those evil racist Republicans fault.

If you don't like the way voting and elections are handled, fair enough, but its unfair to throw the blame to one side, when its often the exact same way when either party has the power to make the decisions.

This whole idea about Republicans seeking to suppress the minority vote? I might have to get my tinfoil hat out for that one!! :biggrin:

You say it's unfair to throw the blame to one side?

Give me one example of legislation pushed by the democratic party to try to repress people from voting. I bet you can't find one because none exist!

Edited by colourwheel