Next best thing for the US (and perhaps the world)

mizdarby

Straw Poll of voting intentions  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in 2012 US Elections

• Barack Obama/Democrats
    • Mitt Romney/Republicans
    • Any Other/Third Party such as Libertarian/Green etc
    • All political parties are a waste of my vote

This is a terrible thing, It feels like a bad omen, lets see if the maya stuff means death by asteroid or change of cycles translates to serious problems around the world like syria getting worse and possible israel nearly or completely wiped out and america doing nothing about it because obama doesn't care about israel and other foreign policy issues. He is a great organizer but he doesn't care for the corporate community and frequently abuses some of them by inviting them to the white house but not saying a word to them. He did not win by any landslide or huge number he simply benefited from the usual republican screw up of foot in mouth disease in ohio. All romney had to do was keep his mouth shut about jeep when he was there and it would have been a different outcome.

The demographics have something to do with it but it really is about jobs and the economy, people simply thought that somehow obama would do a better job with the economy but nobody was thinking about that new law passed in 2010 that says employers will have to give healthcare for full time employees or face a 2000.00 fine per employee. So instead of giving them healthcare the employers will fire their full time employees and only hire part timers. The law says that the employees that count as full time are those that work 32 hours or more so part timers will only be allowed to work and probably expected to work 31 hours and that means if you really want a full time job you will have to work for 62 hours between two jobs every week. That is 12 more hours than normal and without overtime pay because it is part time between two jobs. So people will work more and make less and STILL have no insurance. Romney promised to repeal that law if he was elected but I think most people forgot about that. The new law goes into effect in 2014, I was really hoping I could get a full time job soon if romney was elected and I know several "other" people besides white people that actually voted for romney as did a lot of them. This race was a close call, the people are still heavily divided over politics and the economy. When our problems with foreign policy get worse and we lose allies and the economy gets worse we will get back together and have second thoughts about this whole thing. Also it didn't help that sandy destroyed so much of the east coast and people could not or did not want to vote because their lives were just destroyed a few days before the election.

Edited

I am not a republican or democrat, I am usually one of those undecided people. I actually liked obama when he was elected in 2008 as did just about everyone else but he didn't do anything he said he would do. He said that anyone that enters his cabinet would not practice what they did before entering his cabinet and yet crazy joe is still a copyright lawyer consulting with the movie and music industries and turning out govt into a copyright police force to be used around the world. Also that battery company that obama loaned money to was just an empty building. The company abc123 (that is really their name) made one new type of battery in america then sent it and all research to south korea leaving everyone in that building to either play checkers and work everyday or quit as some of them did and blew the whistle on that place.

Romney won the popular vote because he was saying things people wanted to hear about jobs but people just got scared of the republicans I guess. The values of the republicans are not what scare people, it is the crap they say on a regular basis and also people like carl rove and other hypocrites that hide scandals and do really dumb things. That kind of arsing around is why they lost in 2008 because we were all sick and tired of their lies and links to corporate greed.

Edited by dragonslayer2k12

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the party, as they say, is so I understand, going to be over pretty darned soon for Obama. I understand the budget/spending plans, have to be agreed by December 31st, otherwise it is not going to be a happy New Year for the USA as severe cuts will then automatically be applied. Obama might have created his client constituents with some of his welfare measures (or his gutting of welfare reform), but it will all have to be paid for. Just look at Greece and Spain who didn't think they had to pay for it - oh wait they still don't, stupid mugs in Britain and Germany bail them out. The USA economy is so huge it can't hock itself to anyone else...except perhaps China, and I'm sure no-one wants that!

Obama has the upper hand on this. He doesn't need to run for re-election. If nothing gets done about the fiscal cliff problems congress will be blamed and the republican party will most likely loose control on all levels of national government. The republican party can't afford to just obstruct legislation for the next 2 years or the Republican party will be finished.

The demographics have something to do with it but it really is about jobs and the economy, people simply thought that somehow obama would do a better job with the economy but nobody was thinking about that new law passed in 2010 that says employers will have to give healthcare for full time employees or face a 2000.00 fine per employee. So instead of giving them healthcare the employers will fire their full time employees and only hire part timers. The law says that the employees that count as full time are those that work 32 hours or more so part timers will only be allowed to work and probably expected to work 31 hours and that means if you really want a full time job you will have to work for 62 hours between two jobs every week. That is 12 more hours than normal and without overtime pay because it is part time between two jobs. So people will work more and make less and STILL have no insurance. Romney promised to repeal that law if he was elected but I think most people forgot about that. The new law goes into effect in 2014, I was really hoping I could get a full time job soon if romney was elected and I know several "other" people besides white people that actually voted for romney as did a lot of them. This race was a close call, the people are still heavily divided over politics and the economy. When our problems with foreign policy get worse and we lose allies and the economy gets worse we will get back together and have second thoughts about this whole thing. Also it didn't help that sandy destroyed so much of the east coast and people could not or did not want to vote because their lives were just destroyed a few days before the election.

Demographics had a huge part to play in this election because regaurdless the government next year would have to do something about the economy anyways. Womens rights was a huge issue in this election because for most women the issues about women were economic issues too. Example if employers had the right to cover or not birthcontrol pills for their employees the average women would have to pay from her own pocket almost $98,000 a year. Birth control isn't just used as contraception. birthcontrol pills is widely use to manage a womans menstruation cycle. another example about womens issues is pay equity. If Employers are able to get away with paying women in the work field doing the same jobs as men less, that would take womens rights back decades and puts less money in womens pockets at the end of the day.

As for your example of employers screwing over their employees only hiring part time work, i don't think you have to worry about. The average buisness owner pockets over 400% more than their average employees. Unless you are working for such a greedy employer the amount of money they make is large enough it would be like chicken feed to them to just provide healthcare for all fulltime employees.

edit:

Also Romeny didn't win the popular vote or the electoral college. It can be argued the election was close but the way our electoral college system works it was a clear landslide victory for Obama.

Edited by colourwheel

I watched the whole thing and he had 2% more in popular vote.

Business owners are very greedy and also very worried because taxes will eat into their profits and so will healthcare costs. They will take the path of least resistance and offshore. Small business are not able to offshore but they will either close or do something like move to another state where the taxes are as low as it can get and where the economy might be better, places like tennessee come to mind. It cost more to live there but the economy is growing and corps are building some of their HQ there. Lots of construction going on there for hotels and other places too right now. Who would stick it out now in say mich or california when they could move to a more profitable place? I doubt that the average small business makes that kind of money. Also the ethnic divides in the country also divide the business community. So many business with signs in their native language so most people don't go there only those that are native to that language use those business. Instead of everyone shopping everywhere we only shop at places we can understand so when times get tough, those other language business can only count on their native customers to keep them alive where a company like walmart enjoys business from everyone and anyone.

Why would birth control be used to manage menstration cycle? Are there not other drugs that do that? Before birth control came along, women had to take something else wether they wanted to or not so what was it before those pills? Was it better or worse? Things like this are what both sides like to rage on and distort facts because so many people pay attention to these things and don't know the details. Also not everyone is female so it is easy to segregate those that care about this issue from those that don't know about it or don't care because they don't have the issue. Obama passed a law that says equal pay for women and I don't remember romney saying he would repeal it? Women are better employed than men right now and that is another dividing factor in the country and it is part of the concern of the economy that people are worried about.

@dragonslayer2k12

I watch the whole election too but the numbers of popular votes being counted will keep changing over the next week if you look here...

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/results

Obama won the popular vote and the votes are still being counted.... regaurdless Obama won the electoral college anyways.

Business owners need to learn to stop being so greedy if they wish to empower people in office who wish to take us back to policies that only make sense back in 1950's.

Why would birth control be used to manage menstration cycle? Are there not other drugs that do that? Before birth control came along, women had to take something else wether they wanted to or not so what was it before those pills? Was it better or worse? Things like this are what both sides like to rage on and distort facts because so many people pay attention to these things and don't know the details. Also not everyone is female so it is easy to segregate those that care about this issue from those that don't know about it or don't care because they don't have the issue. Obama passed a law that says equal pay for women and I don't remember romney saying he would repeal it? Women are better employed than men right now and that is another dividing factor in the country and it is part of the concern of the economy that people are worried about.

Going back to demographics... This is exactly why the republican party is failing.... They just don't understand enough about the majority of american people anymore. :wallbash:

Edited by colourwheel

Me, this is where Im at today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGpgkCE41x8

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year." -Ted Nugent, August 5, 2012

Just wanted to say see ya Ted.

Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us - Donald Trump, November 6, 2012

Donald is right on one count, if Obama won there'd be he11 toupee. Donnie boy, the proof is on your head.

"The nation, as you know, is at a critical point. At a time like this, we cant risk partisan bickering and political posturing. Our leaders have to reach across the aisle to do the peoples work. And we citizens also have to rise to the occasion.

We look to our teachers and professors; we count on you not just to teach, but to inspire our children with a passion for learning and discovery. We look to our pastors and priests and rabbis and counsellors of all kinds to testify of the enduring principles upon which our society is built: honesty, charity, integrity and family. We look to our parents, for in the final analysis everything depends on the success of our homes. We look to job creators of all kinds. Were counting on you to invest, to hire, to step forward. And we look to Democrats and Republicans in government at all levels to put the people before the politics. Willard Mitt Romney, November 7, 2012.

Unfortunate, but the malcontents and the lunatic fringe are steaming and seem to be the focus. They have no intention of compromise and show just how much they do believe in Mitt Romney by not heeding his words.

Sad that these self proclaimed patriotic Americans advocate obstructionism and violence at the expense of their own country. That is just lunacy. Kill the entire country just to hurt one person.

Romney at least showed he has class even his web site had Obamas acceptance speech on it.

Why did Obama win? Demographics.

Exit polls show Obama had 93% of African-Americans, 71% of Hispanics, 73% of Asians and 55% of (particularly single and young) white women.

Mitt Romney had mostly whites at 72 percent of the electorate. One must realize in 2008 whites were 74 percent of the electorate.

Hispanics increased their share of the electorate by three percentage points since 2008 and will tie or pass African-Americans as the largest minority voting demographic by 2016.

The sad part is the conservative element does not get it. The vast majority of the country is fiscally responsible and socially acceptable. They want a government to be the same. The elitist, WASP mentality of the conservative Republican mindset is being overcome more and more each passing day and they just do not get it. Worse, the little bit they do get they think they can side step by dishonesty.

Another problem is they do not like the changes they see and that is about as lunatic as one can get because there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to change or stop it from happening.

As for me, I'm a lousy winner so.....

NEENER NEENER NEENER

IT WAS AN OBAMA SLAMMA - WOOT!

Edited by Tidus44

Here are just 4 things I think the republican party needs to do to survive...

1. The republican party needs to dissociate their personal or religious beliefs when creating policies.

2. The republican party needs to remove the elitist mentality.

3. The republican party can't afford to move any further to the right they need to move more to the center. (The only way the republican party has a future is if they really take a big step to the left now.)

4. The republican party needs to reform their core beliefs. This is probably the main thing that will destroy their party in the next few years if it remains the same. Thier current base voters is just not big enough anymore.

I know there could be more but just a few things that would actually need to be done or their party will probably be finished in the next few years.

Edited by colourwheel

Just want to congratulate President Obama for his victory, which despite pre-election predictions of being a close race, proved to be a pretty easy victory in the end. His share of the popular vote, gives him a proper mandate to pursue his policies, which I truly hope will prove good for the American people and the American economy.

The straw poll associated with this debate, has suggested an Obama win virtually from the word go, so I thank all those who voted, and am pleased it proved an accurate poll in the end.

I want to particularly praise colorwheel, who estimated Obama would win around 310 electoral colleges, which is almost exactly the number he won. I bow to your excellent insight, and though I wanted a different winner, I also appreciate the sterling defence you made for Obama.

This is how you fix a political party that Americans rejected for being too far to the right. You move farther to the right, become more radical and step up the lunacy.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/07/a-day-after-loss-conservatives-point-fingers/?hpt=hp_bn3

Didn't take long for the dogs to tear Mitt apart though did it? Typical conservative attitude - its always someone else's fault.

This is how you fix a political party that Americans rejected for being too far to the right. You move farther to the right, become more radical and step up the lunacy.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/07/a-day-after-loss-conservatives-point-fingers/?hpt=hp_bn3

Didn't take long for the dogs to tear Mitt apart though did it? Typical conservative attitude - its always someone else's fault.

lol :psyduck:

The Republican party can't afford to move further to the right. The reality of trying to build their base on outdated core beliefs will only shrink their support. If they don't face the pragmatic fact that their ideas need to really change in a huge way to appeal to a diverse growing populus, Their party will die. One thing the republican estblishment has is a bad reputation they direly need to repair. It shocks me they just don't get it. The elitist mentality just won't jive anymore because it's true the country is divided politically but it is unevenly divided and math is against their numbers. They have no room to beleive otherwise when the republican establishment is dramatically smaller and shrinking every year compared to the constantly growing democratic party.

The republican party doesn't need new people, they need new ideas. :tongue:

I think it's safe to say if their thoughts and strategy to gaining political power is just to get someone better to represent them to push their core beliefs even further to the right, the republican party is probably finished. :laugh:

Edited by colourwheel

Here are just 4 things I think the republican party needs to do to survive...

1. The republican party needs to dissociate their personal or religious beliefs when creating policies.

2. The republican party needs to remove the elitist mentality.

3. The republican party can't afford to move any further to the right they need to move more to the center. (The only way the republican party has a future is if they really take a big step to the left now.)

4. The republican party needs to reform their core beliefs. This is probably the main thing that will destroy their party in the next few years if it remains the same. Thier current base voters is just not big enough anymore.

I know there could be more but just a few things that would actually need to be done or their party will probably be finished in the next few years.

1. Want to hear something shocking? Everybody in politics is run by their personal and/or religious beliefs when they're not lying and kissing babies. That's why political parties exist in the first place. It's also why people vote for someone, in the first place.

2. I can make a case for Democrat elitism, too. Most notably at the college I went to. Disagreeing with Obamacare got people labeled as "selfish". A preacher spoke in the campus "Free Speech Zone" and got condoms (among other things) dumped on or thrown at him. I even got personally got called a hater for trying to defend said preacher!

3. How much more to the center do you want!? John McCain, called "The Maverick", whom Rush Limbaugh has made no bones about disliking for not being conservative, was not center enough? Mitt Romney, a Republican in Massachusetts (John Stewart refers to such as a democrat everywhere else), who signed a law in which Barack Obama called the basis of Obamacare, is not center enough? Oh, and exactly how close to the center were the Republicans in 2010 when they took the House by force and gained 6 seats in the Senate? That shift in power was not negated in this year's election.

4. Refer again to 2010.

I have heard year after year after year how the Republicans are almost done. Yet Bush got elected to 2 terms, Scott Brown won Ted Kennedy's old seat, and they took back the House of Representatives. You're going to have to do a lot more convincing than that to make me believe they going away anytime soon.