Skyrim Major Slowdowns

LenaMarie

Im having a odd problem maybe someone knows about it. I can maybe get a few fluid, perfect non CTD or anything hours out of Skyrim. I mean like maybe 12 hours on and off. After that I start getting major slowdowns, and the game becomes a slide show, but the thing is, it does this also in every other game I own. The only fix is a full system reboot when this happens. None of my other games causes issues after its closed, just skyrim.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem here is? Why is skyrim having lasting effects on my PC until I restart it? I've looked at task manager when this happens and Skyrim isnt running.

My system for ref

8gig RAM

EVGA Geforce GTX 570

Windows 7 lists total VRAM as 4gig

I doubt Skyrim is the problem, as it happens with other games. I would look at your background processes/services first; then your paging, then maybe your drivers.

A full system reboot clears your cache; if your cache is full then processes will go extremely slow. You may have a memory leak of some sort filling up your cache, or just a bunch of background apps/processes, or you have set up you cache in a way that does not allow it to clear memory.

Just to clarify, skyrim is the only game that causes this. If I dont play Skyrim at all, and only other things, my PC can go on almost indefinitely without requiring a restart with no slow downs at all. But playing skyrim will cause this issue 10 out of 10 times.