Vigilants of Stendarr hostile with no apparent reason?

Anich

Ok, I seem to have these hostility problems quite often :rolleyes: Managed to resolve the previous ones, but then this came along...

I quite recently started a new game and haven't turned to werewolf, vampire or completed nearly any Daedric quests or done anything suspicious with this character, I'm playing an illusion/conjuration focused mage. Suddenly all Vigilants of Stendarr have become hostile and they attack me every time I come across them on the road. I usually have a summoned Flame Atronach with me, but I think this should not cause the attacks...? I've played characters who've completed all the Daedric quests, been werewolves and everything and the Vigilants have ignored all that, so apparently this is a glitch of some sort.

I have to admit this bug(?) is thematically quite adequate for this particular character, but is there some way to resolve it anyway? :P

if you could find there faction id maybe try player.setcrimegold 0 and player.paycrimegold 1 0

here's the list to clear your bounties for holds and towns for assaults, pick pocket and death bounty's, but unsure if it well work with Vigilants of Stendarr hostilely

player.setcrimegold 0 267E3

player.setcrimegold 0 28170

player.setcrimegold 0 29DB0

player.setcrimegold 0 2816D

player.setcrimegold 0 2816E

player.setcrimegold 0 2816C

player.setcrimegold 0 2816B

player.setcrimegold 0 267EA

player.setcrimegold 0 2816F

player.paycrimegold 1 0 267E3

player.paycrimegold 1 0 28170

player.paycrimegold 1 0 29DB0

player.paycrimegold 1 0 2816D

player.paycrimegold 1 0 2816E

player.paycrimegold 1 0 2816C

player.paycrimegold 1 0 2816B

player.paycrimegold 1 0 267EA

player.paycrimegold 1 0 2816F

Edited by sinnerman69

• 10 months later...

Thanks, I finally moseyed my way over to fort Dawnguard at about level 53 and was really looking forward to joining the vampire hunters. For whatever reason they were attacking me too and i tried every other console code i could think of to no avail. Your solution seems to have fixed it, thanks a million. I was starting to want to throw my monitor out the window.

• 8 months later...

Oh I get attacked as well, I thought it was because I had a few deadric weapons in my inventory.

I guess ill leave it though because technically they should be attacking me they have the right to....

• 3 years later...

This is a really old post, but just to clear things up for anyone who Googles their way here...

It doesn't have anything to do with Dawnguard, they aren't vampires. Chances are they are supposed to be hostile and it's not a bug.

If you do enough of the Daedric quests they become hostile. You do not need to have any of the weapons on you, just completing a certain number of the Daedric quests triggers it. I don't know exactly how many it is, but I usually get most of the Daedric weapons and they always become hostile after a bit. It's more than two or three I think.

If you loot the bodies you'll probably find a bounty note on one of them that says you're an "unrepentant worshiper of Daedric Princes" and should be killed on sight.

Edited by CONTRABARDUS