[Tutorial] Creating custom architecture for Skyrim with 3DS Max

Phoenixn

A long time ago I promised to write a tutorial on how to import architectural (and other) objects from 3DS Max into Skyrim. The reason I am writing this (besides having promised to do so), is because questions about how to do this sort of thing, continue to arise, and rather than answer in bits and pieces, I decided to outline the methods I commonly use.

I tried pasting the tutorial into this thread, but evidently there is a limit on the number of images allowed.

Therefore, the tutorial can be viewed here for those interested.

Thanks.

Edited by Phoenixn

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

As mentioned, my old forum is no longer active. However, for the sake of those who may have interest, I have placed this old tutorial here.

Please understand there are various aspects of this tutorial that I now consider obsolete in terms of methodology. Nonetheless, the principles still apply and the instructions may serve for the purpose of learning.
Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

The link does not work, someone knows if this tutorial is still avaible somewhere?

Can't say I do. Tell you what though, if you ever have any questions on the topic just send them my way. I'm fairly experienced. There's really nothing I don't know how to do at this point short of animations and scripting.

Edited by Kraeten