Trinity: A Fictional Story

dezdimona

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense Taken Aeryn......In Fact that's a pretty good Idea, I should've thought of that already, It's just that the fast reply is just so convenient that I just used that before.

Also I tend to go by Raz around here. :thanks:

I am Soooooo glad you took it the way, I meant it..!!!!!!!

Failte(your welcome)

Now Dezi onward and upward with this cliff hanger of yours!!!!

Since I believe this to be a rough or first draft and not a finished manuscript I feel that the punctuation and spelling aren't as important at this stage as is getting the story out. Creating a story and making it realistic and believable aren't easy tasks and I believe dezdimona has accomplished exactly that in this story. It is a little rough, it needs refinement and that is why publishers have proof readers. The most important things to have when starting a story are

1. A beginning. The importance of grabbing the readers attention with the first page is something all publishers pay attention to. If your story starts out boring it will probably stay that way.

2. An ending. If you don't know where your story will end then more than likely it will be nothing more than rambling. Many new writers forget the importance of knowing the end before you start. You must know where you are taking the reader.

3.A middle. A few events that must be accomplished in order to lead the reader to the correct conclusion.

I believe Dez has all of this in mind already and she is leading us along her adventure.

Well done Dez.

Weeks passed and Trinity continued working and going to the club at least once a week. She always made sure that she talked to Thomas for a while, he was always polite and Trinity also found out he was an ex Navy Seal.

Nick and Tony were also ex Airborne and the other security people all had something in there background that made them men not to be trifled with.

She made new friends and was soon a welcomed visitor by both the staff and the patrons.

Soon the time approached for Trinity’s brother to be released from prison. Her sister Terri was only an hour from the prison while she attended college, so she would pick him up and make the 5 hour trip home with him.

The day of his home coming Trinity helped her mom prepare dinner, a baked ham with sweet potatoes, corn on the cob and a salad. Trinity had never seen her mom looking better. She knew with her brother Lonny being in prison it had put a tremendous strain on her mother’s health, and now Trinity was glad that she looked more like her old self.

When the car pulled up Trinity flew out the front door and jumped into her brother’s arms, they hugged and kissed and the tears fell freely.

Lonny looked at his dad, their relationship had always been a little strained, but when they hugged Trinity knew the rift had been patched. Trinity’s mom approached tears streaming from her eyes and splashing like drops of rain on the ground. They hugged and kissed and words of love and endearment made them all wipe at their eyes.

“Dinners ready”, said Trinity’s mom, “let’s eat before it gets cold.” They all went into the house, sat down and enjoyed the meal. As Trinity looked around the table she thought how good it was to be a whole family once again.

Lonny had made arrangements to stay at Trinity’s until he could afford a place of his own. He didn’t want to be a burden to his parents and besides, he now felt a little too old to be staying at home. Trinity didn’t mind him staying with her, she had an extra bedroom, not big, but it would suit him for the time being.

The following day Trinity and her brother went down to the club, Thomas was here as usual. Trinity introduced the two, and then also to the other security people.

“Big boys” remarked Lonny as they headed towards the office to talk to Jack.

Trinity laughed.”The first time I saw Thomas I couldn’t stop staring at him, I’d never seen anyone so big.” Trinity looked at her brother. He had spent a lot time pumping iron behind bars and his muscles and tendons rippled like steel cords under his skin. He was not huge like the other guys, but Trinity knew, he was still as “bad” as they came!

The door opened as they approached, and Jack motioned them into the office.”Take a seat, and we'll get this done with quickly.”

Trinity and Lonny sat down; Jack took a seat behind the desk. "Here’s the deal. We can always use good people, this club is special to my wife and we want it to be a place where people can enjoy themselves and not have to worry about trouble. I won’t say it doesn’t happen, but when it does we shut it down fast, and if need be hard. You’ll work with Thomas until you get the hang of what to and what not to do. He’s a good man, learn from him. Other than that you’ll start Friday. You’ll work 4:00PM till 4:00 AM that’s when we close. Saturday’s are same hours as Friday. Sunday and Monday we’re closed and the rest of the week we open at 2: pm and close at 2:00 AM. How’s that sound?” Jack looked at Lonny.

Trinity had noticed that the two men had never broken eye contact.

“Works for me, and you won’t regret giving me this chance.”Lonny’s words were blunt and to the point.

“Good”, Jack said as he smiled. Both men stood and shook hands.

“Aren’t you forgetting something Jack?” Trinity’s voice flowed like honey and both men turned to look at her. Jack looked puzzled. “He’ll need the standard uniform”. Trinity nodded at her brother.

“Ahhh, crap, I forgot. Here take this card go to the address on it. The owner will fit you and have your clothes ready before Friday.”

“Jack honey”, again her words were like fine silk waving in the breeze.

We’ll need the car. I want to take my brother to lunch and then we’ll shop.” Trinity’s words were not asking, they were telling.

Lonny looked at his sister with a dumbfounded stare.

“Of course my love, I’ll buzz Thomas and he’ll take you where ever you want to go, how’s that?”

“Perfect” she said smoothly.

“Well I’ll be damned” was all Lonny could say….Jack just laughed.

As they walked through the club Lonny took Trinity’s arm and stopped her. She turned towards him.”Yes” her words were soft.

“How the hell did you do that with your voice, and how do you have the ability to get a man like him to just give you what you want?” Lonny asked of her.

Trinity smiled at her brother, her teeth white like rare china.”I’m no longer a child; I’m an adult with wants and needs. You may find this hard to understand but men and women find me desirable. They want me and care not how I was born, they want me because I’m alluring, exotic, polite and charming.

“I’m not talking just sex! I’m talking about dancing, conversation, fun and excitement. People accept me for whom and what I am, a beautiful exotic looking woman, no more, no less. Your little sister is gone; your sister the woman has arrived!” She smiled at him once more.

“I always hoped in my heart that you’d find happiness and acceptance. I can see that’s happened and that you have blossomed into a beautiful flower. You’ll always be my little sister, but I’ll treat you like the woman you now are.” Lonny kissed her on the cheek and smiled back at her.

Arm in arm they walked off towards the waiting car.

Thomas was outside standing by the car. As Trinity and Lonny approached, Thomas extended his hand once again to Lonny.”Welcome aboard” was all he said.

“Thanks". Lonny replied.

Thomas opened the door, Trinity and her brother entered the waiting car, Thomas slid behind the wheel and pulled away from the curb.

“You’re taking us someplace special Thomas? Asked Trinity, again her voice was like rich cream, smooth and mellow.

“Yes Miss Trinity” Thomas replied. “I made reservations at Grant’s* on top of the Hamilton Building*.”

“Thank you Thomas, you never cease to amaze me.” Her tone had lightened to show she was pleased.

“Always the pleasure for you Miss Trinity.” He briefly looked into the rear view mirror and smiled.

Lonny leaned over and whispered in his sister’s ear. “When we are alone I want you to tell me who’s been coaching you. You know just how and when to turn it on and off and that takes practice, and confidence.”

She looked at her brother, smiled and said, “I’ll tell you everything that’s happened to me over lunch, I promise.”

The car pulled over in front of a huge skyscraper. The doorman started to approach the car, stopped as he recognized the automobile. As Lonny reached for the door handle, Trinity stopped him. “Wait” was all she said.

Thomas exited the car, and slowly walked to the back of it, turned, walked up to the sidewalk, turned again and then reached for the door. To a casual observer all that would be seen was a chauffeur doing his job. To a trained observer, they would have seen Thomas’s eyes scanning the street and both sidewalks quickly, looking for anything out of place or that didn’t quite fit the happenings of daily routine. He opened the car door, they exited, and the doorman opened the door to the building and greeted them as they entered.

They rode the elevator to the restaurant level, exited and then saw the sign. “Dress code strictly enforced, no exceptions” “Oh oh” said Lonny. While Trinity was passable in a nice blouse and skirt, Lonny had worn jeans and a colored tee shirt. Trinity pulled on his arm. ”Come on” she said. ”Nothing ventured nothing gained.”

As they entered a woman behind the reservations podium looked at them with an air of disdain.

“May I help you” her voice had a very distinct air of superiority.

Trinity took an instant dislike to her, and now figured it was time to put her in her place.”We have a reservation” she made no attempt to mask her displeasure. “I believe Mr. Russell made it for us.” She leaned in as she spoke and with the knife now in, decided to give it a little twist. “Take your better than me attitude and stick it where your head belongs” she said softly.

The woman’s jaw dropped, but she quickly recovered. She waved to the Maitre d’. “Take this couple to table one please” she said.

He bowed slightly towards Trinity and Lonny, “Right this way please” and he walked away.

As they crossed thru the restaurant, people stopped and stared. Some couldn’t take their eyes off of Trinity, others looked agape at the way Lonny was dressed and how he had been allowed into the restaurant dressed as he was.

Speculation ran rife about the couple who were now also being seated at the best table in the house. The Maitre d’ held Trinity’s chair for her as she sat, Lonny waved him off.

“Something to drink, Madam?”The Maitre d' inquired of Trinity. Trinity thought for a moment before she spoke. “Yes I’d like a snifter of Cognac, Napoleon Hors D’ Ace please.” The Maitre d’ smiled.”An excellent choice Madam” he said beaming.”Sir?” “I’ll have the same” spoke Lonny. Again the Maitre d’ smiled, then bowed first to Trinity and then to Lonny, and walked away briskly

They made small talk while they waited. A few minutes later the Maitre d’ followed by a waiter with a tray stopped at the table.”I have been told to extend every courtesy to you and your sister”; the Maitre d’ looked directly at Lonny the whole time he spoke. “If you are in need of anything my name is Kenneth and I will gladly see that your every whim is catered too.”

“Thank you, Kenneth; I’m sure you’re more than capable of performing your job impeccably” Lonny spoke with an air of authority to his voice. Trinity was trying her hardest not to laugh.

The Maitre d’ motioned to the waiter, who carefully lifted a crystal snifter with exactly 4centi-liters of liquor in it. He set it before Lonny, who upon picking up the glass held it up to the light and slowly looked at the Caramel Amberish liquid and then said one word.”Beautiful”. The Maitre d’ smiled. He then put the glass under his nose and swirled the liquid slightly as he inhaled.” An excellent bouquet! The Maitre d’s smile broadened. Lonny then took a sip of the cognac, and let it was over his tongue, savoring the best liquor he had ever tasted.”Exquisite”, was all he said.

“Thank you sir” said the Maitre d’ proudly. He produced two small menus and laid them on the table. “When you’re ready to order, just raise your hand slightly.” He stepped off to the side as the waiter carefully set Trinity’s snifter in front of her. And then they walked off.

“Where in the world did you learn that”, Trinity’s voice held a trace of awe and surprise.

“Well when you’re behind bars, pumping iron and the library become indispensable." He said with a smile. Both laughed; clinked glasses and took a sip of the Cognac.

As they ate they’re lunch Trinity relayed her story to her brother. He only interrupted her occasionally for her to clarify something or to get more details from her. When she had finished Lonny sat back and looked at her.

“Well, you certainly have grown up, are you really sure about Jack and this Samantha having your best interests at heart” he asked her solemnly.

“Sam told me something, something that I swore never to tell anyone without her permission and what she told me leaves me no doubt as to their being sincere” she said it with a hint of sorrow.

“Well, if it’s any consolation I trust Jack; he looked me straight in the eyes when we talked and that shows honesty. As for your Samantha, I’ll withhold judgment until I speak to her."

"I want you to know something,” Lonny leaned forward and spoke with flatness to his voice that Trinity found a little unnerving. “You’re my sister and I love you. You have grown up and I’ll treat you like a mature adult because you are.” His next words and his tone made Trinity swallow for she knew he meant them.”Anyone hurts you in any way physically or f*#@s you over, and as God is my witness I’ll kill them, or make them sorry they ever hurt you. No questions asked no hesitation and no remorse. You mean the world to mom and dad and me and Terri, your special and always have been. We all saw it from the minute you were brought into the world. There’s something about you. You have heart, compassion and a lust for life that sometimes seems to mystify me. You give of yourself without thinking about what’s in it for you. Your kind, warm and have innocence about you. People are drawn to you, for whatever reason and I’ll not sit by and let anyone for any reason take that spark from you…ever!”

He took her hands and raised them to his lips and kissed them. She smiled and squeezed his hands tightly. She noticed the Maitre d’ standing politely just out of hearing range. She nodded to him and he approached the table.

“Will the lady or gentleman be requiring anything else?" He asked questioningly.

“I don’t believe so, and my compliments to the chef, the meal was excellent” said Lonny

“Thank you Sir, I will pass that on to the chef, and might I add that you’re both more than welcome here at any time.” He turned towards Lonny, and then whispered. “I don’t mean to overstep myself Sir, but I understand this visit was a spur of the moment type of thing. But could you please attire yourself properly on your next visit with us?” he looked at Lonny nervously.

Lonny smiled, “I’ll make a point of it Kenneth, and thank you for your service and your understanding.”Lonny extended his hand towards Kenneth, who hesitated and then shook Lonny’s hand warmly. When their hands parted he gave a quick glance to the one hundred dollar bill Lonny had palmed him.

“Sir, you are a gentleman extraordinaire, I’ll call for your car.”

Thank you” Lonny replied.

The maitre d’ bowed and clicked his heels first to Lonny and then to Trinity and then walked quickly away.

Trinity smiled at her brother.”You learn quickly” she said with a slight laugh.

“What, you think you’re the only one that knows when to turn on the charm?” Then he winked at her.

Once in the car Trinity told Thomas to take them to the clothing store.

“Is Mrs. Russell at home Thomas?”She inquired.

“I believe she is Miss Trinity, would you like me to check? He asked

“Please Thomas, and ask her, if she’s not busy that I’d like to drop by and introduce my brother to her.”

“Very well Miss Trinity.” And he wheeled the car expertly into the flowing traffic

* Ficticious names

• 3 weeks later...