Thinking Of Reinstalling Skyrim From Scratch Need Community Mod Sugges

Logik729

Hello my fellow members and thank you all in advance that decide to help a fellow gamer out.

Basically i am seriously thinking of reinstalling skyrim and starting from scratch because of issues i have been having of late regarding all the mods i am currently running.Now i just within the last month or so returned back to playing skyrim after like a 5 month hiatus.

Well it turns out that a lot of the mods i have where obsolete.But i just kept installing the newer mods that where released recently and tried to get rid of the old ones but i believe that somewhere along the line something got messed up but i can't get my finger on it.I just get a lot of random crashes and game freezes which back in march was not an issue for me.And yes my skyrim is completely up to date and no i don't have dawnguard yet.So i figured i just start over.

So what mods do you recommend i start over with for every category and aspect of Skyrim?

Also can i still use the HD Packs the Bethesda released in conjuction with the other graphic mods out there at this time or do i need to use the BSAopt 64 program to convert them into loose files and then remove the HD BSA files Etc so the graphic mods from here can overwrite the originals that came with the game like i had to do before?

Thank you Respectfully Logik.

P.S here is my Rig's specs just for reference.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.

System Model: CM5570

BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/11/09 15:03:14 Ver: 08.00.14

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8192MB RAM or 8GB

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Graphics Card:

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB GDDR5 SuperClocked 972Mhz GPU with the latest drivers.

I currently have my card set up at 995 MHz GPU and at 2052MHz Memory Clock.

Edited by Logik729

If this happens, you don't need to reinstall: just remove your mods and play from the begining.

What happens is that your savegame is bloated: if you go to My Games >> Skyrim >> Saves you will see saves 100 of mb big...

I recommend you many house mods, some that have advanced functions <Like auto sort> since you might want to keep a lot of things.

The Haven Bag mod is cool since you can store all your goods quickly.

Also I recommend bugfixes like Unofficial Skyrim Patch or save Thorald in a peaceful way. :happy:

Have fun, try new character builds and look out for Easter Eggs...

:thumbsup:

I would recommend checking out STEP

The new STEP was recently released and will give a great visual enhancement & fixes. This is the base I use when starting over after doing the STEP Guide to Make Skyrim Vanilla Again

On top of this you can add gameplay mods to suit your taste...

I recently did new STEP and included Duel-Combat Realism, ACE, Deadly Dragons, Bellyaches New Dragon Species, various Magic/Armor/Weapon addition mods, SkyProc mods like ASIS and Automatic Variants, Better Vampires, Immersive Patrols, Sands of Time, player-home mods, and quite a few others......

If you've been on a 5 month hiatus, I would suggest new start and fresh install using info by STEP as a guide in the process.

STEP will take some time to read through and follow, but is well worth it and will actually save you time in the long-run...

I