Overclocking

I've tried using the settings on motherboard to OC but 10-30 mins of gaming, the system completely halts and I have to hard boot. I suspect overheating issue. Well I'd appreciate it if somebody can walk me through on how to overclocking properly. I know of the consequence of overclocking and willing to take the risks. One thing I like to know is, how much longer will my cpu last if I do this? I've had my cpu since the 1/2011

PC CASE Model: VL80001W2Z + 4 120mm fans in it

PSU Model: RS650-ACAAD3-US

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2499189.png

Can you give us more information? What are you raising the mhz too? What is the voltage at? What is the core clock you are trying to reach? Are you using any stress testing software to test for stability? How many watts does your PSU go up too? As Kuroitsune said, check the temps and post em here.

@Dan3345 I wanna reach 3.0GHZ I heard this Cpu can run it while being stable but I dont know how to do it without it crashing on me. I have provided all my information just click the cpuz thingy and my model number of my psu is also above, just google search it. :P I'm totally noob to OCing this is why i'm asking for a step - by - step. Edited by Guest

I don't think you can overclock very far. Your motherboard has a g41 chipset and probably wasn't meant to be overclocked. What is your target clockspeed?

You know you need to change te bus speed that is currently set at 200mhz right?

Try setting it to 205mhz and check stability and temps in windows.

If it is stable add another 2mhz and check stability. Repeat this until your system becomes unstable then go back to the latest settings that worked and you have an overclocked system.

Although I don' know if you will notice the difference, proccesor speed is more than clockspeeds.

I don't think you can overclock very far. Your motherboard has a g41 chipset and probably wasn't meant to be overclocked. What is your target clockspeed?

You know you need to change te bus speed that is currently set at 200mhz right?

Try setting it to 205mhz and check stability and temps in windows.

If it is stable add another 2mhz and check stability. Repeat this until your system becomes unstable then go back to the latest settings that worked and you have an overclocked system.

Although I don' know if you will notice the difference, proccesor speed is more than clockspeeds.

I wanna go 3.0Ghz. How do I go about do all this? What software/program do I need? I tried the settings switchings on the motherboard which are 200-266 MHZ and thats the only settings it works at but then halts 10-30 mins later. BTW this are my cpu temps no oc just normal while playing skyrim.

Edited by Guest

There is no software or program that can overclock. You need to go in to the BIOS and adjust the settings there.

You might also need a new cooler for your processor, you can't get far with the standard one.

Edited by Erik005

There is no software or program that can overclock. You need to go in to the BIOS and adjust the settings there.

You might also need a new cooler for your processor, you can't get far with the standard one.

Just figured it out :P. Well your probably right but I've read in some forms this baby can run pretty well and cool when overclocking, I know it was popular for this when Duo's were in :P But now that I figure this out I will keep you guys posted. And if I dont show up anymore just means I burnt the cpu out xD

Just figured it out :P. Well your probably right but I've read in some forms this baby can run pretty well and cool when overclocking, I know it was popular for this when Duo's were in :P But now that I figure this out I will keep you guys posted. And if I dont show up anymore just means I burnt the cpu out xD

Yes it probably can overclock very well, on a chipset that supports high voltages high powerphases and heavy loads. Your motherboard I would guess does not. Thus overclocking is probably out of the question.