Musket Mod (WIP)

ghosu

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No progress in animations = no planned release date :D

Atm i'm training my sculpting skills since my details / normal maps / textures need a lot of improvement so plenty to do.

Edited by ghosu

Doubt this will do anything, but this mod supposedly creates new animation slots for edit. Maybe you could seriously overhaul one and turn into a rifle animation? Doubt it, but I thought I'd post it just in case. A lot of people are saying it fixes the lack of new animations....

My link

Sorry, I just thought since it created new slots that one could be completely overhauled...I don't know anything about animations...I just figured it was worth a shot.

Can't wait until the Dishonored type stuff is released. Along with the other musket models too, of course.

Edited by tgpomy

• 3 weeks later...
Thx but i guess i won't continue it...impossible to add a working weapon animation, haven't seen a single mod yet that had one and my 12. topic asking for ideas got no answers, so it's not doable or people just don't care ... so i don't care to invest more time as well :D

hah, I think it is more of a limited field of knowledge. I personally am only good for advanced (not pro) scripting and level design. I havent a clue about animations, and 3d models + meshes, nor do I think I would have the creativity to do anything spectacular as others here may. So I just stick to what I'm good at and invest my time wisely.

I wouldn't say your problem isn't doable. There's always a creative work around, but it may take way more time before you find a good answer. As far as weapon animation, what are you referring to specifically/what are you trying to accomplish with the animations? I remember the bound weapons having that mist effect, and there are chainsaw-like dwemer swords. Out of curiosity and all that.

I know J3X made some interesting things animation/physics-wise happen in Oblivion, might be helpful to ask him and/or see some of his old work.