Bears, Bears and more Bears

sinnerman69

What level are you though? And are those levels from mostly 'non-combat' things? I've given up on many Dovahkiin because I got my enchantment, speechcraft, and smithing up to the 80-90 range and went out with 30 armor and weapon skills. Oddly enough, a Dragonborn that knows nothing about fighting, tends to get his butt kicked, and you can't sweet talk your way out of fights with bears. :dry:

I use community uncapper and level to 230 and make sure all numbers below each perk tree is either at 100 or 199 red with community uncapper hard to explain without a screen shot, I find the training with NPC's is bugged and prefer leveling up and getting all desired perks before starting any quest, the levelers tower mod has cheat buttons for perks and leveling and you can add more then one guardian stone to your character!..

I'm not a patient man waiting forever for the game to distribute my perks and level up

I used to max out my leveling and perks to 845 but found that some quests require you to level up before starting them, the The Wolf Queen Awakened is a example of that

I hate that I'm a avid cheater :wallbash: when I had the saga genesis I used to use the game genie for it too :unsure: the game genie was a cartridge device you'd put between the game cartridge and gaming console and it had a small yellow slider button on it that allowed infinite cheats and god mode, I recall a button on my game genie that needed switching on, and all the stores that sold gaming consoles back then had the game genie for sale right beside the gaming console so it wasn't a pirate thing!..

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z383/Craigsters/images-1.jpg

Edited by sinnerman69

And now you know why you shouldn't grind smithing, echanting, and alchemy to level up. Be patient and use your survival skills, so they keep in pace with your character level or you'll find yourself being used as a punching bag by just about everything you meet. It's known in gaming as "efficient leveling" and is based upon avoiding those things which artificially level your character without also leveling up the skills you need to solve problem -- like a band of Forsworn intent upon adding your head to a trophy rack.

I don't:

1. Grind Smithing
  2. Grind Enchanting
  3. Grind Alchemy
  4. Use any standing stone that increases leveling with any skill
  5. Read skill books
  6. Use trainers
  7. Sleep

As a result I keep my leveling down to a relatively slow crawl and my survival skills keep in pace with the strength of my opponents. Things still fall apart above level 30, though, but that's just because the game really doesn't deal well with levels in the mid-to-high range and the player will quickly become a killing machine relative to anything the vanilla game can throw at him.

I get inpatient with dungeon puzzles and tcl my way through the door, I have no problem's with the dragon claw doors and skyhaven temple bridges, it's just puzzles with no hints at all frustrate me, the puzzles in Under Saarthal are easy to figure out, it's just some levers and chains do nothing and are while hidden!..

when I go out into skyrim with a low leveled character I get my arse handed to me by a bandit and hate dying

Edited by sinnerman69

I get inpatient with dungeon puzzles and tcl my way through the door, I have no problem's with the dragon claw doors and skyhaven temple bridges, it's just puzzles with no hints at all frustrate me, the puzzles in Under Saarthal are easy to figure out, it's just some levers and chains do nothing and are while hidden!..

when I go out into skyrim with a low leveled character I get my arse handed to me by a bandit and hate dying

Really? I mean no offense, but I've never come to a puzzle that I couldn't solve. The solutions are in the room nine times out of ten, and if they're not, they're in a book you found at the entrance, or the solution is in somebody's journal you chanced upon.

I know what you mean about the bears (Da Bears). Between Ivarstead and Riften it seems you can't swing a dead Skeever without hitting one. Sometimes I get three at once.

And now you know why you shouldn't grind smithing, echanting, and alchemy to level up. Be patient and use your survival skills, so they keep in pace with your character level or you'll find yourself being used as a punching bag by just about everything you meet. It's known in gaming as "efficient leveling" and is based upon avoiding those things which artificially level your character without also leveling up the skills you need to solve problem -- like a band of Forsworn intent upon adding your head to a trophy rack.

I agree with Moraevik. Try and mix it up with the bad guys at every level to increase combat, block and armor skills. And limit crafting to 2 or 3 per level. That way, bears are more of a minor nuisance than a danger.

1) Go to the 7000 steps and read all 10 etched tablets

2) ???

3) Profit

It gives you a Voice of the Sky buff where no animals will run from you or attack you. Quite handy!

I did not know that!

I definetly think Dawnguard is to blame for the "What ?!? Another frackin' bear!" problem, as I'm having the same issue it seems, a bear behind every tree, rock, blade of grass in the Rift ... I've decided not to take that quest from a certain owner of a sawmill, I'm collecting bear pelts before going to her, then gonna' sell all 12456 of them to her Lol ...

I recommend Skyrim Monster Mod. It adds many more creatures to the spawn points.

But it's incredibly lore breaking! I played with it a bit and ran into some things that didn't fit at all. The Lore Friendly one seems to not remove all the ones I want removed and takes out ones I'd like to keep. Is there a way to disable certain monsters easily? Like with a config file?