Is HD texture back even worth having?

ModelV

I use it as a base as well. For a lot of things it doesn't make too much difference, but for clothing particularly, it's very good. It seems to work a bit better if you either enable it through the ini or extract the whole thing and dump it in your textures folder. You can always extract just the textures you would want to use. There are also couple of good optimizers floating around Nexus that fix the bugs and help it use less VRAM, like Vano89's Hi Rez DLC Optimized.

You mean the Bethesda hi-res? I found it more trouble than it was worth.

This is what I would do to solve your purple stuff, though.

1. If you prefer, untick the boxes for the hi-res.

2. Run the verify cache through steam.

3. Go back into the game to check. (To be sure, if you see purple still, just fast travel somewhere else, then go back...it might just be that cell is still using cached info, and this should solve that.) If the purple is gone, yay!

4. If you want hi-res textures there are tons of mods that IMO produce better results with less of a performance hit. Remember though, to read the mod description, installation, and known issues completely. Especially with texture mods, incorrect installation or removal can make your life miserable.

Good luck!

I totally agree with Georgiegirl.

Seriously, no matter what I do how many fixes I install Im still seeing stupid plastic purple over everything...And the things that dont do that dont even look any better then before.

Does anyone even use this thing?

Afew people do, but i'd go for Skyrim HD - 2K Textures look at the comparison photos and if your system can handle them i'd use tho and not the HD ones from bethesda.