thieves guild quest problem .

Misakichun

Well ... i took a job from delvin for thieves guild and it was to steal Ulfberth war bear's flawed sapphire in Whiterun from him , when i went to whiterun 2 dragons attacked ( don't know if it's a bug or not ) and Ulfberth and Carlotta and Sven died trying to kill the dragons ( stupid ones ) . :wallbash:

but i resurrected Ulfberth since looting him doesn't count as stealing :ermm: and since he was in public area with full of guards i had to wait for him to go to his shop .... , but when i went there he wasn't there :blink: , i've check every place including bannerd mare ( sorry if spelling is wrong ) ,even his house , every place , but he is nowhere to be found :sweat: :wallbash: :wacko: :blink: and without him my job can't be done :( help me please if you know any solution to this please tell me .

thank you .

Edited by Misakichun

To find anything in the Skyrim world open the Console and type the following

help name_of_person_or_thing

you will get a bunch of info on your screen. up/dwn to find the REF ID code

then type: player.moveto id_code_here

This will move you to the NPC's location if they exist in the game world

If you are unable to move to their location or you get an error, the item is not "in the world".

In the case of the latter, type this

player.placeatme id_code

Note : the second method will create a "clone" of the original. It is possible to have a second one in the game and so on. You will know clone items, as the onscreen ID code will start with "fff". If you end up with more then 1, delete all the clone types by getting their Screen ID then type "delete" or "kill" from the console. Be aware clones can be the cause of problems. With all Console commands, they can have adverse effects on your game. Save your game before making any changes.

EDIT : The attacking Whiterun probably means you are using the Market or Open Cities or another dragon-vs-city mod. You can get another mod to have the NPC's run away if they are not guard types. This can save valuable quest related NPC's

Thank you brandy for your detailed information :) i will use these codes to see what will happen .

and by the way i don't use Market or Open Cities or another dragon-vs-city mod. :sweat: but still dragons will attack even to the cities specially whiterun and Windhelm and sometimes Solitude :blush:

well ... i hope this works .

oh and color420 i thank you too . :biggrin:

Edited by Misakichun

I used the code moveto id and now i've been sent to small room full of dead persons and Ulfberth ,Carlotta,Michel ,Boli,even Melborn !!!( i'm sure i let him escape successfully :blink: ) they are alive and just walking :woot: what on earth is that place ? and what should i do to get out of there? :sad:

thank you .