I don't understand why I can't load a mod in the creation kit

FlameNoir

So, I like the Ordinator perk overhaul mod. But I've been testing some stuff, and a number of perk effects seem not to work, or at least not to work as advertised by the perk description. So I got curious, and this combined with the fact that there are some aspects of Ordinator I think should be changed led me to want to open up the mod in Creation Kit and look at its guts.

I thought I understood how to load mods, but apparently I don't, and I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong, either. Whenever I try to load the .esp, which I've placed in my data folder, but every time i try to load the mod, it gets 75% complete, then tells me that it can't read some of the data (something about a string file), gives me a few popups that I barely understand, and then crashes. Since the file that it claims to not be able to read had "dragonborn" in the name, I thought for sure that loading Dragonborn.esm would fix it... but nope.

Look, all I want is to understand why False Light spells are dealing 30% of the healing value instead of the 75% I was promised, and why the advertised "10% increase" from the subsequent perk actually increase damage output to 60% of the listed healing value. It doesn't make any sense and I want to look at the internals to see if I can understand what's going on.

Have you tried running the CK with just the DLC to check whether it is this mod that is the problem or the CK itself.

No, I did not try that. But I did try TES5Edit, and it worked, so I bet it was the CK. And man, this stuff is complicated... lol.