Announcing Legend of Grimrock Nexus

AxelDominatoR

It is with great pleasure that I announce the launch of the newest Nexus website, Legends of Grimrock Nexus, through my proxy, Axel.

Legends of Grimrock is a great throwback to the era of Dungeon Master style games, where you control a party of up to four characters and delve into the mysteries and puzzles of dungeons. For those of you who aren’t aware of Legends of Grimrock, here’s some of the blurb from the official site:

“Legend of Grimrock is a dungeon crawling role playing game with an oldschool heart but a modern execution. A group of prisoners are sentenced to certain death by exiling them to the secluded Mount Grimrock for vile crimes they may or may not have committed. Unbeknownst to their captors, the mountain is riddled with ancient tunnels, dungeons and tombs built by crumbled civilizations long perished now. If they ever wish to see daylight again and reclaim their freedom the ragtag group of prisoners must form a team and descend through the mountain, level by level.”

Legends of Grimrock is available for $14.99 right now from multiple different digital distributers, including Steam, GOG.com and Gamers Gate.

The developers, Almost Human, are due to launch their modding tools that allows users to easily create their own dungeons and items for the game and share them with others very soon. Almost Human have also kindly given us access to the closed beta and versions of the game so that we could quickly set up a Nexus site and integrate the game in to our Nexus Mod Manager (NMM). If you’re new to the Nexus, NMM is our very simple to use mod management software that allows you to one-click install mods directly from the site and on to your computer, with no need to fuss about with zip files and folder placements. The latest version of NMM, available now, is fully compatible with Legends of Grimrock.

At the moment the Grimrock Nexus site is quite bare as we’ve only just launched, and the open beta for the modding kit has only just started. I will be working closely with the Grimrock modding community to get the site up to scratch as soon as possible and ensure we can provide the very best and most feature rich service for all the mod authors out there. If there’s anything you think the site needs, just let me know.

PS. sorry I couldn’t do this in person, I’m currently travelling until the end of the week so have sporadic internet. I’m around all week for Nexus work, though :)

Awesome news, I really enjoy LoG. Dungeon Master was my first computer RPG I have ever played - and it got me totally hooked on the genre. LoG is a really nice retrospective indeed, I feel sentimental playing it :) Now there will be also mods? I'm speechless :) Well done, and thank you for NEXUS network. Big ups, kudos and whatnot!

Never heard of it, but it does look like it'd be fun. I'll keep an eye on it, but even if I don't get it, it's just great to see another developer releasing mod tools for their game. Makes me have a little more hope for seeing a future where modding is much more accepted.

I thought it would be something more like Neverwinter Nights or Vampire Redemption... not bad though. Edited by etayorius