Things that should exist, but don't.

ThomasCovenant

I concur with BloXboX. Skyrim is touted as a game of choice. But you only get to choose what you don't do. Sure I can be Manlybeard McMucleArms and spend my days punching sabercats and shouting Fus down the hall when I'm in dungeons so that all the enemies stop being milk drinkers and fight me at once. And while RPing Manlybeard, I can opt to never join the Thieves Guild. But that's not enough. Because a true bearer of the McMuscleArms name would never simply ignore such a shady organization. He'd seek to destroy it. He'd stand on top of the Riften well and challenge the entire organization to fight him. At once.

I think Bethesda really missed out. There could have been a a questline centered around rooting out the Thieves' Guild, and though it would probably be lighter on the stealth its storyline could have had just as much intrigue as the Thieves' Guild's quests. Don't get me wrong, I love the TG, most of my characters are stealthy, and I've therefore done the TG questline more times than I care to admit. But it seems weird that a different character, one who is an Imperial soldier, a Thane of every Hold, and a slayer of dragons would let the TG's obviously illegal activities slide.

Moreover, vampires get the Dawnguard, why can't werewolves get the Silver Hand? To avoid a Companion's Spoiler, later on in it the Silver Hand do something really public and outrageous. But when I saw it I called BS. Because I've been running through their dungeons in werewolf mode slaughtering them.There was no evidence for me to believe that they had the power to do something that drastic. There's no good reason for what they do other than "werewulfs is abominashunz lol dey shud all dye". There's an organization opposed to werewolves, and we can't join it. What if we believe werewolves are abominations as well? Why didn't Bethesda flesh out the Silver Hand's backstory, give us a legitimate reason for fearing them, give them organization, make them a force to be reckoned with, and let us join them?

I concur with BloXboX. Skyrim is touted as a game of choice. But you only get to choose what you don't do. Sure I can be Manlybeard McMucleArms and spend my days punching sabercats and shouting Fus down the hall when I'm in dungeons so that all the enemies stop being milk drinkers and fight me at once. And while RPing Manlybeard, I can opt to never join the Thieves Guild. But that's not enough. Because a true bearer of the McMuscleArms name would never simply ignore such a shady organization. He'd seek to destroy it. He'd stand on top of the Riften well and challenge the entire organization to fight him. At once.

I think Bethesda really missed out. There could have been a a questline centered around rooting out the Thieves' Guild, and though it would probably be lighter on the stealth its storyline could have had just as much intrigue as the Thieves' Guild's quests. Don't get me wrong, I love the TG, most of my characters are stealthy, and I've therefore done the TG questline more times than I care to admit. But it seems weird that a different character, one who is an Imperial soldier, a Thane of every Hold, and a slayer of dragons would let the TG's obviously illegal activities slide.

Moreover, vampires get the Dawnguard, why can't werewolves get the Silver Hand? To avoid a Companion's Spoiler, later on in it the Silver Hand do something really public and outrageous. But when I saw it I called BS. Because I've been running through their dungeons in werewolf mode slaughtering them.There was no evidence for me to believe that they had the power to do something that drastic. There's no good reason for what they do other than "werewulfs is abominashunz lol dey shud all dye". There's an organization opposed to werewolves, and we can't join it. What if we believe werewolves are abominations as well? Why didn't Bethesda flesh out the Silver Hand's backstory, give us a legitimate reason for fearing them, give them organization, make them a force to be reckoned with, and let us join them?

Exactly!

A questline that takes place around destroying the Thieves Guild means that the players which do not want to be shady characters get more gameplay time instead of NOT getting it. It's very stupid.

I think Bethesda was extremely lazy with this game, if i may say that without getting flamed. They should learn a few things from Obsidian and their quests.

I think Bethesda was extremely lazy with this game, if i may say that without getting flamed. They should learn a few things from Obsidian and their quests.

90 person development team, 4 years of development (possibly more, I'm going off the basis that they said they started it right after fallout 3). And that was the "lazy" approach?

'MY DARK FANTASY GAME NEEDS TO BE SUPER REALISTIC! HEALING POTIONS? STAMINA POTIONS? THAT SHOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE. EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE WIZARDS ALL OVER THE PLACE, WALKING DEAD, DRAGONS, STEAM GOLEMS, AND GIANT SPIDERS AND RATS.'

That's what I just read.

90 person development team, 4 years of development (possibly more, I'm going off the basis that they said they started it right after fallout 3). And that was the "lazy" approach?

Long development. And even after 4 years we get a main quest that is a total of 5 hours, can you belive that?

And there arent 70 voice actors at all as he said, Dragons are annoying to be in battle with because they're so easy to take down.

If this game must be enjoyable you need mods pretty much