How to put tail armor on NPCs in CS?

lovender

Mmm...i have some difficulties here.

I use the tail slot for the Elysium Mask from the mod Elysium.

But when I fight her in the dungeon, she doesn't equip the mask yet.

I have to put the equip-tail-items spell on her 1st, but that's weird...

I also put the tail slot script for the mask. But Elysium only wear the mask after I open her inventory. & that's weird too...

I could do this: I use the race for Elysium that equip the mask as tail. She will wear the mask from the beginning.

But after she died, the mask will still there even after you took the mask from her body.

So, anyone know what I should do to put tail armor on NPCs in CS?

There is no way to tell an NPC exactly what to wear. They equip all they have in inventory according to certain settings or their script packages. The only way to make sure an NPC ends up with the items you want is to only have those items in its inventory. However, an NPC doesn't equip tail slot items on its own. Those must always be force-equipped via scripts and you must make sure they stay equipped, or the NPC will simply take them off on its own the next evaluation of its script packages.

What's the "tail slot script" you're trying to use? Maybe it's just insufficient for the task and needs refinement.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

This is the script i use:

scn 000TailSlotSct

ref Owner

ref Me

short bDoEquip

begin GameMode

if bDoEquip

set Me to GetBaseObject

set Owner to GetContainer

if Owner != Player

if Owner.IsActor == 1

Owner.EquipItem Me

set bDoEquip to 0

endif

else

set bDoEquip to 0

endif

endif

end

begin OnAdd

set bDoEquip to 1

end

I found in another discussion, that to make the tail slot armor equipped by NPC, the armor should have any weighting to tail bones in Blender. Is that true?

The script i used only make NPC equip the tail slot armor after I open her inventory using the spell. & that feels weird if the NPC is the boss in certain quest.

So i'm looking for a solution that makes the boss NPC equip the tail slot armor from the very start (for ex in CS), so from the first time i fight the boss, he/she already in complete armor/equipment.

P.S: That's why i'm trying to learn how to make unlimited equipment slots (amulet, ring slot); to avoid the tail slot...I don't familiar with Wyre Bash yet, so still don't understand about what you explained. But thanks in advance...

I can see the issue here. This script auto-equips the item right after it was added to the inventory. This, however, won't happen when it was already inside the inventory from the start. It's missing a condition for this initial presence.

In the game you cannot access NPCs' inventories directly, as if they were chests or something, so these mods which enable you to do that do so by moving everything from the NPC's inventory into a temporary container which is then opened by the player. When you're done messing with its contents, all items from inside it get moved into the NPC's inventory, that's when "OnAdd" triggers and why.

Now let's see how we could expand this script so it also triggers the equipping right from the start initially.

scn 000TailSlotSct

ref Owner
ref Me
short bDoEquip

begin GameMode
   if bDoEquip == 1
       set Me to GetBaseObject
       set Owner to GetContainer
       if Owner != Player
           if Owner.IsActor == 1
               Owner.EquipItem Me
           endif
       endif
       set bDoEquip to 2
   elseif bDoEquip == 0
       set bDoEquip to 1
   endif
end

begin OnAdd
   set bDoEquip to 1
end

If "bDoEquip" is "1", it will do the player and actor checks and equip the item accordingly. Then it sets "bDoEquip" to "2" so this block will never execute again, unless "bDoEquip" gets set to "1" again by getting added into someone's inventory.

If "bDoEquip" is "0" though (the initial state), it will get set to "1" and accordingly execute the check and equip part next. This will happen only once, so it's only to cover the "initially inside the inventory" situation as well.

Hope it works.

Regarding Wrye Bash's bashed patch, maybe this Pictorial Guide will come in handy. Especially images labeled "g4", "g5" and "g6" cover bashed patch creation and the various options and settings one can check or not. The option you're searching for should be inside "Tweak Clothes". However, this is only in my out-dated German version of WB, and I don't know where it'll be in your's.

Keep in mind though, there is no "unlimited" equipment possible within the game. You can make items equippable without occupying a slot, which is what this option and related stand-alone mods do, but by removing the slot assignment from the item you also make it not render, as in "invisible". You can equip an unlimited amount of invisible items, but only those which occupy a slot and there can only be one of accordingly are the ones which will show up.

Hey, the script works!!! :dance:

Thanks a lot, Drake! You're the man... 8)

Kudos!

About the Wrye Bash, i'll learn about it ASAP.

Thanks again... :thumbsup: