How to change textures

OK...I know where that folder is and it's not the CK exe that I use. Is this the "offline" one you meant? Unless I'm going to generate LIP files, I have no reason to open that. The exe I use is the 64-bit that gets installed in the root game directory. Are we talking about two different things?

Correct, that's the offline version and it's not Just for generating lip files.

The whole point is, this is the offline editor, the main one you've been using is the Online version.

32bit binaries can not use assets meant for 64bit data as it is in the root of the game folder.

Ok. I'm aware of all that. But unless you have a specific reason to use the 32 bit version you likely will never launch it...correct?

And you can still use the 64 bit without being logged into Bethesda.net which was my initial point.

Not sure what part of the communication we're missing here. I have never been logged in to use the "online" version as you call it.

Ok. I'm aware of all that. But unless you have a specific reason to use the 32 bit version you likely will never launch it...correct?

And you can still use the 64 bit without being logged into Bethesda.net which was my initial point.

Not sure what part of the communication we're missing here. I have never been logged in to use the "online" version as you call it.

Ok, Not unlike using things that you were unaware of as stated, your missing out on cool things, the Dynamic *Dll's that get download while online stop the kit from crashing and allow more access to code built into it.

You, your self are missing things---try to u8nderstand, some things need to be done to unlock other features.

Ever notice how they deliberately disabled some things in the kit?

Well, they work, only people don't follow through....I do NOT blame others, their Ideas suck big time as far as control things, Just like that very last version of fallout ,a complete control freaks dream. Fallout 76 is an utter Joke.

Fo4 , broke cannon. I mean, Jeeze. I played around with Fo4 for three years, Dumped it right when the started the extension creation Shop mess, "esl"?

I keep the game on this drive for references and repairs of others mods, I no longer play it, boring mess.

So is the Boring web site too .Bethesda is only in it for the money. They claim too much, take from us, what we create, because they can.

Yeah Broke is the right term.

-------------------------------------

Clear all the data in your Users/username/local/temp files. reboot.

launch the editor, login. wait. minimize it, go back to the temp folder and see what's been downloaded for your use.

OK. Now that makes more sense and is the sort of info I was asking for. I can see certain third party licensing for stuff that gets bundled in requiring login validation. Do you have any info on what sorts of things are unlocked by going online? There is zero documentation on any of this AFAIK. I think that most users aren’t going to miss them, but I’d be curious to see what kinds of cool toys get unlocked.

I’ve never noticed anything to be disabled or missing. But I’m quite sure that the “official” version of the CK does a better job in generating precombines and previs. The only time I ever have crashes is if I put too many keyboard inputs in at once, like trying to do or redo something. CK for me is more stable than Photoshop. And yes, FO76 is a joke.

OK. Now that makes more sense and is the sort of info I was asking for. I can see certain third party licensing for stuff that gets bundled in requiring login validation. Do you have any info on what sorts of things are unlocked by going online? There is zero documentation on any of this AFAIK. I think that most users aren’t going to miss them, but I’d be curious to see what kinds of cool toys get unlocked.

I’ve never noticed anything to be disabled or missing. But I’m quite sure that the “official” version of the CK does a better job in generating precombines and previs. The only time I ever have crashes is if I put too many keyboard inputs in at once, like trying to do or redo something. CK for me is more stable than Photoshop. And yes, FO76 is a joke.

The Creation kit's Wiki has zero information , even on the 32bit thing as well.

All I know is in order to fix anyone's Mod made the way you made yours in that fashion get's fixed once I'm hooked into their web site then Enable the Plugin, Hard save and I'm done Or the Kit will spit out the necessary information I need to re;Edit the plugin.

There were some real Doesies I had to go through, no picnic, a lot of these xedited built bods also required some things, but not many, as far as tools go? xedit's better than the kit by far.

Heads up, these editors, are a one way freeway ,you can't back track and expect good results. It loves to place things into the data base, it does not like removing them...so be warned.

Dialogs tree's come alive for one.

They update things when you log in too. things change, some times no for the better.

No, I don't have specifics about what does and doesn't do, I never have the time.

It’s really too bad there isn’t any documentation on all this super secret moon technology that is locked behind an authentication layer. Not that the CK wiki wins any awards for completeness, but I’m surprised there isn’t any mention of this even in passing. How are users supposed to use any of these hidden tools and functions if they don’t know about them? They certainly aren’t going to miss them if they don’t know they exist in the first place. If they know they exist but don’t know what benefits they add to the workflow, they are just as useless without any supporting docs or a single source of info. Needing to use the 32 bit CK for LIP files is a good example. If it wasn't for the community, there would be no info on that.

The only time I’ll log and use the launcher is to check for CK updates after completing a project. Since college I never been a fan of updating my tools in the middle of any sort of project. Been burned more than once doing that. Also not a fan of having things update on me when I don't want them to for the same reasons.

Not sure I understand your workflow description or what the reasons are for you needing to be logged in to do your work, but if that is what works for you, great. Whatever it takes to get the job done the way you need to.

Edited by RedRocketTV

Ok so i figured out how to import the textures, changed dds to BGSM files, and made them materials so i can swap, now they work fine, i can change the textures of buildings to make them look new, and other times it works in ck go in game the entire mesh is missing and go back to ck and its gone there as well, what causes this, in skyrim its a easy swap and BAM your good, im trying to make a new world mod with futuristic buildings and this is killing me

i can change the textures of buildings to make them look new, and other times it works in ck go in game the entire mesh is missing and go back to ck and its gone there as well, what causes this, in skyrim its a easy swap and BAM your good, im trying to make a new world mod with futuristic buildings and this is killing me

Hmmm, if a mesh is missing -

Coleman, are you using static collections? The way the game shows missing texture is by showing meshes in bright pink, so what you are seeing is not a texture problem. If you are using static collections to optimize draw calls, however, if there are any objects which have gravity physics (like static objects made from non-static meshes), that SCOL can sink into ground as soon as the game engine applies physics. I've had desks and shelves sink into ground lots of times because of it. Does that sound like your case?

So let me explain better, so for skyrim, you add the texture to the texture list in CK then you can say get a house and edit the texture there you want, say its wood you can swap with bricks, CK here that doesnt work, so i found a guide says i use the material edit tool to make my textures i want say a metal then i turn the DDS file into a material file and it can join the material list so i can swap the rusty wall with a clean, it works and works fine, but then with certain meshes, it will show up fine in CK go in game its all invisible go back to CK and the entire mesh is gone i edited but others work fine....essentially what im trying to do is add a texture swap to lets say a brick wall, and swap it with the material i made that is a new clean wall, and then use that to build a building, and it seems to work well with some meshes but others its like it crashes the meshes when i re-load and its no longer rendering....i hope that makes sense....

Edited by Colemanallen1987