How to change textures

So let me explain better, so for skyrim, you add the texture to the texture list in CK then you can say get a house and edit the texture there you want, say its wood you can swap with bricks, CK here that doesnt work, so i found a guide says i use the material edit tool to make my textures i want say a metal then i turn the DDS file into a material file and it can join the material list so i can swap the rusty wall with a clean, it works and works fine, but then with certain meshes, it will show up fine in CK go in game its all invisible go back to CK and the entire mesh is gone i edited but others work fine....essentially what im trying to do is add a texture swap to lets say a brick wall, and swap it with the material i made that is a new clean wall, and then use that to build a building, and it seems to work well with some meshes but others its like it crashes the meshes when i re-load and its no longer rendering....i hope that makes sense....

Upload a specific mesh file in question with the texture you want to Mega.nz for me to grab, I have something important to show you.

I thought CK only read Loose texture files? I had textures in BA2 and everything was just red excamaition marks in the render window. I unpacked the BA2 into Textures folder in Data and it read them.. But I use Mod Organiser and CK launches through that so I think a lot of pathing is different when using MO2

I thought CK only read Loose texture files? I had textures in BA2 and everything was just red excamaition marks in the render window. I unpacked the BA2 into Textures folder in Data and it read them.. But I use Mod Organiser and CK launches through that so I think a lot of pathing is different when using MO2

pathing is indeed different, you are correct, MO2 is a virtual file system, It isolates system paths, can prevent steam from interfering as well as GOG functions.

Now, if you had in Mo a set of textures, in a folder enabled on the left side to over ride the default textures? then all you should see in the kit ,are exactly what you saw ,red exclamation marks , the reason is your over writing the mesh templates within the Virtual files system.

Disable the loose files in the MO data folder, and run the application again, see if that changes anything.

In better words, no mods, just raw default code, the red things should be gone, and you should see the correct textures in the kit.

Now, if not? then your games Data folder has things in it that should not be there.

The Idea of Mo /MO2 is to keep your games data clean, unmodified, and restricted to the virtual files system only.