Beyond Skyrim: Bruma Performance is painful

Prenihility

I've read that on SE it's much better but I just don't have the GPU to run SE just yet. So i'm playing Bruma on LE for now.

Please tell me there's SOMETHING that can be done to increase performance? When i'm in the city... the performance actually is pretty solid. But when i'm outside and just looking at the direction of the city even from afar, it TANKS big-time.

It's so bad... I'm surprised after this long there's no optimization mod for the textures.. or whatever's causing this? This is apparently normal? For me, this is unplayable.

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't already, try setting up ENBoost on your computer.

What gpu are you running?

Running an EVGA Superclocked 4GB 960. With the core clock going even further thanks to my cooling. It really shouldn't be a problem for Skyrim. Only places with low FPS are the city of Bruma and the Dwemer ruin in Lost to the Ages. As soon as I leave the city, the or if i'm not looking in its direction, bam - it's backto 60 FPS. CPU is also well beyond recommended requirements.

Yes. I followed the ENBoost guide. Determined the correct value depending on how much total available video memory I have. OS, and did the equation and everything. The game runs fine so long as i'm not LOOKING at Bruma. When i'm in thecity, it's actually pretty good. When I look at Bruma, even at a good distance, FPS goes down I would say to around the 30 mark or lower?

Here's the LO. Ignore the ELFX files. I only have one active. I'm unsure of why some people automatically think if an ESP is there, that means it's installed. :sleep:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
BSAssets.esm
BSHeartland.esm
BS_DLC_patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
HearthFire Display Case Fix.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
FNIS.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
XPMSE.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
immersive roads.esp
ELFX - Weathers.esp
Cloaks.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
fallentreebridges.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
Illustrious HDT Cloaks.esp
HDTPhysicsWeaponSling.esp
KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
BatTravel.esp
FNISspells.esp
TimingIsEverything.esp
ForswornHAIR.esp
MatchingCraftableForsworn.esp
MatchingSetFix.esp
MatchingSetFixes.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
GrassOnSteroids_NaturalEdition_SFO.esp
Purewaters.esp
BSHeartland - Meshes.esp
BSHeartland - Textures.esp
SMIM-Bruma-Patch.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

Do you have a lot of texture replacers installed that don't show up in your load order (many don't)? If so, what resolution are they (1K, 2K, 4K..)? It really sounds like you are running short on VRAM.

Another thing to try is reinstalling/updating your video drivers, you can sometimes get some funky behavior if they get corrupted. Though I honestly don't think that is what is going on here, just throwing it out there.

I have Skyrim 2K Textures installed. But those wouldn't affect Bruma. Unless I'm mistaken? Ok, I believe I have the FULL version of Skyrim HD 2K Textures. Plus I have other things that don't show up in Load Order. You're right. Like Enhanced HD Terrain. So i'll try without the HD Textures.