Character Preview in Items menu

RedGalaxy

You remember in oblivion, when you went to the menu, and went to select your items,and equips, how you'd see a model of your character standing there, so you can preview the items you equipped and everything? (what am I saying, of course you do...)

Well, if its possible, could we get something like that in Skyrim? I ask mainly because I don't see enough of my character, being an avid player of the first person, so sometimes, when I do go to third person, I actually an surprised to see that my character looks the way they do, because I've completely forgotten...

Anyways, is it possible to do this? (if there's already a mod that does this, I'm completely unaware of it...) I have a feeling that it isn't possible because of the way menu is set up, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Heck, if its not possible, maybe add a preview button. (You know, that way, so long as you hold it down, you get a full body preview of your character.)

Well, I'm sure it's doable to some degree utilizing SKSE. But the workload for such a thing would be crazy!

You'd have to script an entire inventory screen, and figure out how to render the character in real time in it.

I doubt it's doable "within reason," just because of the workload. xD

Holding F and rotating the mouse causes the camera to rotate around the character, or you can open the console with ` and type "TFC" to toggle the freefly camera, and "TM" to hide the menus.

It's not as convenient but if you really wanna see something, that'll work though.

Hate to slap you with that, it's an awesome idea!

I knew I could do that stuff, I was just hoping for the preview in the menu mainly because it is the one thing I miss about the Oblivion menu. I could live without SkyUI (wat'd I juss say!) if I could have preview. (Though, lets be honest, who wouldn't make a mod like this SkyUI compatible.)