⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Cells Are Only Partially Loading

I can't really explain it, but I've narrowed it down to one of my quest mods. When I turn those plugins off, the problem goes away. Those plugins include the Someguy Series and Ghoul Bounties. Hm.

Anyhow, what do I actually do to fix the issue? Can I go into FNVEdit and just delete the interior cell entries that one of those mods edit to the affected interior locations? Or is that a bit nuclear?

I don't know those mods

In my case, I made my own mod, and the problem is not within the cells with problems, but in one or more other cells that I edited.

My problem is that they are so many! so I think it will take me a while to find the problem

I do that search with fnvedit

if you delete something, you have to see that it does not affect anything else like sandbox

whatever you do always make a backup

I didn't have such a problem with the "Someguy Series", so suggest you start by looking into "Ghoul Bounties". However, the problem could be related placement within the "load order". Also depending on if you are not using a "Merge Patch" file to reconcile record conflicts: "Rule of One".

The place to ask about "portal records" and whether or not they can be editted would be in the xEdit forum.

-Dubious-

in theory, I solved my problem

It was a conflict between my mod and yup

a refrigerator that yup changed position and my master changed it again, inside an abandoned ranch of the powder gangers

According to Fnvedit, my master "won" the conflict, just in case I deleted it, and also deleted a repeated record of the 3 places where I had problems.

Now they look good

Can't an .esm modify another .esm?

I'm sure I have other similar cases in my mod

Can't an .esm modify another .esm?

No. Only an ESP can modify an ESM, by overwriting records. Otherwise, as you discovered, you have a "record conflict" where only the last loaded "wins". Please see 'ESM and ESP Files' under the "Misc Topics" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article.

-Dubious-

Just to be clear and credit where credit is due: I'm not a GECK expert; more of a "librarian". I merely collect facts discovered by others and publish them in the wiki articles so they are easier to locate. That I can then direct others to the appropriate information presents the illusion I know more than I really do. Gathering together the widely scattered bits of information is my principle contribution. Others did the hard work of teasing out those "do's and don'ts", and wherever possible I try to ensure they get the proper credit. I have enough general expertise to sometimes expand upon the information or fill in the blanks of their explanations. But they are the ones advising the lessons they learned the hard way.

All of that is by way of pointing out that it's discussions and feedback such as this that provides those lessons. Do let us know if you work out your "aesthetic problem of the walls".

-Dubious