Werewolf shape change spell?

lonewolfkai

I've searched the mods for werewolf changes and the only thing i can find that comes close to what im looking for is a werewolf "suit" that is just basically armor.

I'd like to see a werewolf spell that changes you into a werewolf at will, which increases your strength, doesn't allow weapons and instead requires you to use your claws and bits, and doesn't require you to eat flesh.

It sounds to me like you need to revisit Morrowind/Bloodmoon. Fantastic Werewolf via a ring as I recall. Good luck with your search anyway.

alas, i dont have morrowind :( im new to the elder scrolls, oblivion being my first.

Too bad, because morowind was so much more fun than oblivion - even without mods. But it's far from the graphical apeal of oblivion and most new guys to the serries won't play the game just because of the outdates graphics.

Alchemy was the best though :D. I remember creating a potion of levitation 346pts for 24937 seconds ;D.

I've searched the mods for werewolf changes and the only thing i can find that comes close to what im looking for is a werewolf "suit" that is just basically armor.

I'd like to see a werewolf spell that changes you into a werewolf at will, which increases your strength, doesn't allow weapons and instead requires you to use your claws and bits, and doesn't require you to eat flesh.

Try this for a werewold spell.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php...20372&tab=3

Try this for a werewold spell.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php...20372&tab=3

yeah, i saw that one too, sounds interesting as well. but i'm just looking for a spell, not a new class.

With some effort, you could probably do this yourself with the Construction Set (CS).

Step 1: Borrowing Werewolf Resources

Download Curse of Hircine. Make sure the files under Meshes/Weapons/cidwwclaw, Textures/Weapons/cidwwclaw, Meshes/Armor/Lycanthropy V.2, and Textures/Armor/Lycanthropy V.2 are pasted properly into Oblivion/Data. The rest doesn't matter. It's generally considered to be okay to use other mods' resources without their authors' permission provided you don't public them.

Step 2: Creating the Werewolf Body

Open up the CS. Go under File/Data, check the box beside Oblivion.esm, and press "OK". The CS taking a while to load this up is perfectly normal. After it's loaded, there should be a tree menu on the leftmost window. Expand "Items" and select "Armor" or "Clothinf" depending on if you want the werewolf fur to boast protective properties. Right-click on the armor list and select "New". You can give it whatever ID you want, but for the purposes of this tutorial, it will be called MyWerewolfBody. The player will see its Name under whatever effects werewolf form gives (We'll accomplish the attribute changes by enchanting this suit), so I reccommend a name like Werewolf Form. If you're making it armor, give it whatever AR (its protection value) and type (Light or Heavy; Curse of Hircine uses Light) you want (Feel free to look at other pieces of armor for comparison), but be sure to give it a stupidly high health so you don't need to worry about your fur breaking on you. Curse of Hircine gives all its equipment a health of 4200 and an AR of 0. Also make sure that Playable is unchecked. This doesn't actually mean that the player can't use it, just that he won't be able to see it in inventories.

Now, take a look at the Biped Object list. This will determine what slots are taken up (and obscured) by the piece of clothing/armor. Everything above "Weapon" on the list, aside from Head and Hair, should be highlighted. Everything else shouldn't be (Though I do wonder what happens if you make a set of armor a shield as well). If you want to be able to wear amulets and rings as a werewolf for some reason, un-highlight them and check the "Hide Amulet" and "Hide Rings" boxes. Now, moving on to the lists on the right. It's not going to appear in the world aside from being worn, and won't appear in your inventory, so the only one you have to worry about is Biped Model. The female information also defaults to the male ones unless otherwise listed, so unless you want to model some werewolf boobies, it won't be an issue. Click on the Male Biped Bodel button, which should bring you to Oblivion/Data/Meshes. Follow the folder paths to Armor/Lycanthropy V.2. Here, there should be a list of quite a few potential werewolf bodies and heads to choose from. Pick whatever color werewolf body you want, click open, and your werewolf body is finished. Click OK. You might have noticed that the head meshes for the werewolf armor are apart from the body ones, so you'll need to create a head item as well (for this tutorial, with MyWerewolfHead as its ID). You probably don't need me to walk you through this, but just make sure that Head and Hair are the only things in the Biped Object list highlighted.

Next up, making the claws works as weapons/shields. Curse of Hircine does this by "faking" shields and weapons with immensely tiny models.

So let's get started. If you were working with Clothing previously, open up Items/Armor in the tree menu. Make a new piece of armor (for this tutorial, its ID is MyWerewolfClawShield). Once again you'll want to give it a really, really high health. Make sure it's not playable, and its only Biped Object item highlighted is Shield. The Male Biped Model, which is once again the only one that matters, is weapons/cidwwclaw/cidwwclaw.nif. Now go to Items/Weapon and create a new one (for this tutorial, with the ID of MyWerewolfClaw). It shouldn't be too different from creating a piece of armor. Toggle "Ignores Normal Weapon Resistance" and set its damage however you want and set its Reach to 0.8. (At least, that's the number that Curse of Hircine uses. You can always change it later if you think you can hit people too far away or are having too much trouble hitting people) You can also give it whatever Speed you want. For comparison, Curse of Hircine's claws use 1.75, and an Iron Dagger uses 1.4. Its Type should either be BladeOneHand or BluntOneHand, depending on your personal preference. Weapons have to be Playable, so make sure to give it a proper name and check the Quest Item box. Set its NIF model to Weapons/cidwwclaw/cidwwclaw.nif, the same as the shield. Ideally, this would have an icon image, but none of the mods I see seem to include one, so leave it blank for now.

Step 3: Enchanting the Werewolf Suit

Open up Magic branch of the tree list and click on Enchantment. Make a new one like any other item. Set its type to Apparel. You might notice that the window is a lot more barren than those for equipment, and is mostly dominated by an empty Effects list on the right. Adding things to this list, you create the enchantment much like you were using a Spellmaking Altar in the game. Right-click on it and select new, set its effect, pick the attribute from a drop-down box if you're using Fortify/Drain, give it whatever magnitude you want and leave the duration at 0. Add as many effects to the list as you want. Then, go back to MyWerewolfBody and pick your enchantment from the Enchanting drop-down list.

Step 4: Creating the Toggle Spell

Click on Magic/Spell in the tree menu, and create a new one. This spell will transform the player into werewolf form if cast when not in it, and back to normal if cast when in werewolf form. For the purposes of this tutorial, its ID will be MyWerewolfSpell. You'll probably want its Type to be either Lesser Power or Spell. The only important checkbox is Immune to Silence, which is pretty self-explanatory. If you want to put a skill restriction on its usage or give it a Magicka cost, feel free to change the boxes below the Effects List to your preference. If you want the player to be able to enter and leave werewolf form when silenced, check it. Leave the Effects box empty for now and click OK, ignoring the error message.

Now, we'll make a script for it. Click Gameplay/Edit Scripts, then Script/New. The script editor is basically a text editor, but make sure that the Script Type drop-down box is set to Magic Effect. The script in question should go something like:

scn MyWerewolfSpellScript
;scn is short for Scriptname.  All scripts need to be named on their first line.

short EquipTimer
;This is declaring a variable for use in the script, EquipTimer.
;EquipTimer is a short, so it will hold a specific number, defaulting to 0.

Begin ScriptEffectStart
;All of a script's actual functions need to take place in a Begin/End block of some kind.
;The contents of a ScriptEffectStart block runs when the effect in question first "hits" the subject.

if (GetItemCount MyWerewolfBody == 0)
;The contents of an If/Endif block only run if the condition is true.
;In this case, if the player doesn't have a werewolf suit.
;Since this is a magic effect script, even though we're not giving a specific being to check...
;...It assumes we're talking about the subject of the effect.

message " "
  message " "
;When the game receives two of the same message right away, it empties the message queue.
;This is to stop you getting annoying "Item Added" and "Item Equipped" messages when transforming.

AddItem MyWerewolfBody 1
  AddItem MyWerewolfHead 1
  AddItem MyWerewolfClawShield 1
  AddItem MyWerewolfClaw 1

else
;Instead of just an If/Endif block, this has become an If/Else/Endif block.
;The stuff after the Else but before the Endif runs when the condition *isn't* the case.
;In this case, if the player does have the werewolf suit, and is therefore in werewolf form.

message " "
  message " "
  UnequipItem MyWerewolfBody
  UnequipItem MyWerewolfHead
  UnequipItem MyWerewolfClawShield
  UnequipItem MyWerewolfClaw
  RemoveItem MyWerewolfBody 1
  RemoveItem MyWerewolfHead 1
  RemoveItem MyWerewolfClawShield 1
  RemoveItem MyWerewolfClaw 1

dispel MyWerewolfSpell
;We'll need to give it a duration later due to some weirdness with EquipItem.
;This is so the effect vanishes from the top-right corner of the screen as soon as possible.

endif
end

Begin ScriptEffectUpdate
;ScriptEffectUpdate blocks run every frame the subject is being affected by the script.

if (EquipTimer == 0)
  set EquipTimer to 1
  else

EquipItem MyWerewolfBody
  EquipItem MyWerewolfHead
  EquipItem MyWerewolfClawShield
  EquipItem MyWerewolfClaw
;It doesn't always work when you try to equip an item the same frame as adding it.
;This, we useEquipTimer to wait a frame, then equip it.
;If it's being removed instead, the Dispel function goes quickly enough that this never runs.

dispel MyWerewolfSpell
  endif

end

Head back to MyWerewolfSpell and give it an effect, just like the enchantment. Select Script Effect for the effect type. Set its Range to Self and its Duration to 1. Going down to Script Effect Info, select MyWerewolfSpellScript from the drop-down box. If it doesn't appear as an option, go back and make sure it's a Magic Effect script. The Effect Name is what will show up under Active Effects or your spell's info, like Fire Damage would show for a Fireball spell. School is self-explanatory, and won't matter whatsoever if you make it a Lesser Power. Visuals Effect controls what the spell looks like when being cast, and what shader it puts on its subject. Set it to whatever you want, or even nothing.

Step 5: Giving the Spell to the Player

You're almost done. We're going to create a quest to give the spell to the player, or someone the player can buy it from, when the mod loads. As that implies, Quests serve many more purposes than the "visible" ones in Oblivion that the player runs around completing. For one thing, Quests govern all the dialogue in Oblivion. In our case, though, we're using it to run another script. You might have noticed the "PC Start Spell" checkbox back on the Spell window, and you'd think that would be easier, but nobody's actually found out what that does yet. It most certainly does not give the spell to the player straight-off. Go under Character/Quests and right click on the quest list on the left of the window and select "New". For this tutorial, the quest will be named MyWerewolfQuest. Make sure Start Game Enabled is checked. We'll need to give it a condition to make sure, if the player is just starting, it doesn't try to give him the spell while he's in Character Generation. You can either right click on the GetIsPlayableRace == 1 condition from another quest, click Copy Condition, and paste it in your quest's condition box, or do it manually. To do it manually, right-click on your quest's condition box and click "New". When the resulting condition is highlighted you can determine what function the condition is using, and what it has to be greater/less than/equal to for the condition to work. The functions are listed alphabetically. Once that's done, click OK and make another new script. You can reach a shortcut to the script editor by clicking on the "..." button beside the Script drop-down box. Make sure it's a Quest script, and the code goes like...

scn MyWerewolfScript

Begin GameMode
  player.AddSpell MyWerewolfSpell
  StopQuest MyWerewolfQuest
end

GameMode blocks run every five seconds for a Quest script, and the amount it runs for an Object script varies with its distance. In this case, when it runs, we give the player the toggle spell and terminate the quest. Give this script to MyWerewolfQuest, save the .esp however you want, and give yourself a very well-deserved pat on the back. The mod is ready.

...However, in some ways, it's still a lot like a mere suit. Nobody's reaction to you will really change when in werewolf form unless you gave it a Fortify/Drain personality enchantment, and your character will still sound like he always does. I could post some add-on tutorials to deal with these problems and add some other interesting abilities, but I'm not sure if you're even going to use this tutorial, so please let me know if you want them. :)

Archived