Skyrim - "savepcface" Command Help

Squall0690

Im trying to make my own npcs and use the CK to create them, many tutorials say to make the face in game then use the consol command "savepcface mychar" (Without quotes) and it should save a file in Skyrim directory called mychar.npc.

My problem is that this file is not being saved!!!!

Whats up!?

Don't know if this will help, but when I've used the "showracemenu" to make faces for NPCs, I've just been typing in the command: SPF "xxx" (xxx being whatever you're calling the file.)

I haven't had any problems with the new file showing up. Maybe typing in the full command is what's giving you the problem? I'll try your method on my system, and see if I get the same

results.

Hmm...Just got back from doing a test. Tried to save a file using the command you tried AND the one I always use, and got BOTH "xxx.npc" files...

I know this may be simplistic, but have you tried searching your directories for "xxx.npc" files? Maybe the're being saved somewhere else for some reason?

Don't know if this will help, but when I've used the "showracemenu" to make faces for NPCs, I've just been typing in the command: SPF "xxx" (xxx being whatever you're calling the file.)

I haven't had any problems with the new file showing up. Maybe typing in the full command is what's giving you the problem? I'll try your method on my system, and see if I get the same

results.

Hmm...Just got back from doing a test. Tried to save a file using the command you tried AND the one I always use, and got BOTH "xxx.npc" files...

I know this may be simplistic, but have you tried searching your directories for "xxx.npc" files? Maybe the're being saved somewhere else for some reason?

I'll give that a try and get back to you, and thanks BTW for the effort your putting in to help me! :D

results.

Well looks like it isnt being saved anwhere else :(

• 3 months later...

IsharaMeradin TY!!!! IT WORKS!!!!

How??? I am having the same issue and i am already admin in my notebook... console command works but there is no xxx.npc file in skyrim directory...

• 3 months later...

I've got the same issue - I can't find the .npc exported file anywhere :^(

I'm using Enhanced character edit which uses SKSE and the Lunari race ( would this affect me) and have entered in SPF command into console many times with no trace of any outputs in my game folder.

CK can't locate them and there are no .npc files on my computer after a search.

Can anyone help please (:^(

• 2 months later...

Some one else had this issue once, turned out that they needed to run Skyrim in admin mode. Once they used the correct permissions, the game wrote the file.

Oh my god, I love you.

You have now idea how pissed I got at myself when I couldn't continue the work I put hours into because of this.

Thanks, a lot, have some dozen cookies with milk.