Fossil Mining by Aviform - Mining Produces No Ores

GeekiiBookworm

I've already posted a bug report on the mod page but figured I'd ask here too in case I might get a faster response.

Like the title says when I'm mining (both with the normal animation and just hitting the rock with a pickax), I cannot get any ores. I mined an iron deposit right next to the tower near Bleak Falls Barrow, for a solid 20 minutes. I got tons of fossils, but no actual iron ore. I can't find any documentation of this either - can I get some help please?

I followed the YASHed guide for my current mod set up, so I don't have anything that would conflict with Fossil Mining.

Edited by GeekiiBookworm

Now it seems like the mod isn't working at all - there's been no changes to my modlist, either.

Edit: Nevermind - I'm still getting fossils, but again, no ores. I just had bad luck with a few rocks.

Edited by GeekiiBookworm

As a temporary test, install one of my modified MineOreScript files from my Random Mining mod for original Skyrim. Not the MCM version mind you. The script itself is compatible with both versions of the game. We don't want to use my Random Mining MCM for SSE as that will bake an ESP into your save game. We just want to use a working script file.

The reason for this test:

Fossil Mining does not affect the mining process at all. It uses a different technique to determine if the player is interacting with an ore vein and provides a fossil every so often. I know this because I tested Fossil Mining with my own mining mods and they had no issues (granted it was with original Skryim). Thus if you are getting no ore there is a mod installed which has changed one or both of the mining scripts (MineOreScript and MineOreFurnitureScript). At a glance I cannot tell what mod you have that may be doing so. And as proven by my linked mod, no ESP is needed to make such changes. You will need to search your mod archives and see for yourself if there is a mod providing those scripts.

Since it was most likely another mod causing the issue (evident by replacing the script), you can (if you so choose) extract the MineOreScript.pex file from the BSA archives provided by the game. Installing that as a loose file will override whatever was provided by any other mod. Unless you do like the random mining aspects in which case you can now opt to use the SSE version of my Random Mining mod. It contains an ESP with an MCM menu allowing you to customize your experience to your tastes.