[LE] Generating LOD for custom worldspace

Eluwil

What is the best Tutorial and or tool to generate LOD for an entire custom worldspace, I want to get better at landscaping but have difficulty seeing if I did well without lod.

All tutorials I come across are outdated.

What is the best Tutorial and or tool to generate LOD for an entire custom worldspace, I want to get better at landscaping but have difficulty seeing if I did well without lod.

All tutorials I come across are outdated.

TES5LODGenx64 pretty much covers everything nowadays. Lots of options for terrain, object and tree lod generation. Its very powerful and it allows you to bypass preparing all your textures for Oscape to be able to generate terrain lods properly.

I ran the atlas and tree lod seperately, but no lod was generated. I'm currently running SSELODGen through Mod Organizer 2.

But my world space is larger than 64x64 and I heard this might be a problem. I deleted the extra cells, there were no objects in them and ran SSELODGen again, this time object, atlas and tree lod at the same time. It still didn't work.

do I have to delete the lodsettings and terrain files before I can run SSELODGen again?

Also, I did not run the tamriel lod at the same time as my own plugin, should I?

Edited by Eluwil

Don't do any serious modding through MO2, it's not designed as a development environment and its just another layer of software to check when your debugging particulary as it stores files in a virtual environment.

Drop your mod into the Data directory along with all the Lod files needed by SSETesLodGen then run it again (don't LoD tamriel just your worldspace).

I have never applied LOD in SSE but I do know people are having some difficulty with it as there some threads on the SSE CK forum, if it continues not to work then might be worth checking those out.

To quote and old post, the max size of non bugged worldspace is:

• [-64,+63] on the x axis. Beyond this limit, a Havok bug causes dysfunctions of NPC only on this axis.
  • [-256,+255] on the y axis.

However for custom worldspaces best to keep them square.

allright I forgot to move the meshes and textures folders from my SSELODGenOutput directory to my SSE data directory, now I can finally see the object LOD and it looks amazing but I still don't have generated landscape.

I tried using Oscape and used the Falskaar author tutorial (the video above) but it didn't do it right I see strange black walls and the terrain is black and in other places non existent. there are also huge platforms of land that have appeared and look black

I've attached a screenshot of the issue, it should be fairly obvious what the problem is.

just to make sure, the X (and y) axis can be 64+63 = 127 cells wide making the worldspace 127x127 if made into a square?

i'm no longer running creation kit and Oscape through MO2 but SSELodGen is and the other tools are as well but I'll try to avoid this as much as possible from now on.

Edited by Eluwil

Not an expert on MO2 but if your running SSELodGen through it, it will be looking for the LoD assets in the virtual directory Data directory, maybe its not seeing them. Doln't know whether MO2 is the problem or SSELodGen. Put all required assets in the real Data directory and Run SSELodGen by double clicking on its exe file.

SSELODGen generates the objects and trees just fine but there is no landscape so I use Oscape for that. I don't think SSELODGen is the problem.

I am already not running Oscape through MO2 but the problem still persists.

I created a border region of 60x60 around my worldspace to make it square, but Oscape says my worldspace is -32;-64, 28, 60 and I don't know why, could this be the problem?

I only ran Oscape in the next screenshot without SSELODGen and the terrain is still weird so I don't think it has to do with SSELODGen.

There isn't even supposed to be a giant mountain of sorts where you see one in the lod