Hello guys I'm having a black screen problem hope someone can help

duckz

Hey, before few weeks I started to get this problem :

and the solution this guy offer doesn't works for me... I already updated the video card drivers and installed the windows again...

I'm playing on steam, My video card is ATI HD 5750 and I'm using Windows Vista.

Can you give some more information? When are you experiencing the black screen?

What game/driver settings are you using?

Have you ever been able to play without crashing?

Is the black screen sudden or are there other symptoms as well before the crash?

Alos, did you do a complete, clean install of your drivers (not using the Windows driver update or Steam driver update)?

I'm having this black screen after like 2~3min of playing and yes I've been able to play without crashing like two weeks ago.. And yes the black screen just happened without any warning it just turn black and after few minutes the computer just auto reset himself.

I did complete clean install of all my drivers.

My game settings set on High and my driver settings set like this: http://i.imgur.com/N3Kri.jpg , http://i.imgur.com/o4tEU.jpg

I don't have a radeon card, so I am not as familiar with them, but the black screen and the computer resetting sounds like it might be a power supply unit problem. Does your computer actually reboot or just the graphic drivers recover.

Have you tracked things like voltage, temps, etc. while playing to see what is happening just before the black screen?

It's not a power supply problem for sure because I just got a new Power Supply (antec basiq 650w) It might be a temp problem because the temperature of my video card is like 70C in rest I have no idea why it's so high any ideas? ( the fan in on 80%)

I've suffered the same problem. I do have a radeon card but I'm not sure if that's relevant. It was caused for me by broken scripts in an animation mod. The only way I found to fix it was to go back to a save before the problem occurred. It was caused for me by the game crashing whilst the animation was running so I was able to pin down the point where it broke. Out of interest, I found that turning on nightvision, if you have it, meant I was able to see what was going on. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck.

Sad to say it could be a hardware problem, I have had a very expensive session of that just now. I had some computer random resets and it was a combo of HDD, CPU and PSU failure. If you have a single card and the PSU is new we can probably exclude that. What processor do you have? Full system specs would be good,

I am having the same exact problem as duckz and I can assure you all it is NOT a hardware issue. I have a quad-core with 8GB of RAM and a 1GB ATI graphics card. I normally run 200+ mods and have never had a screen crash like this or even as much as a persistent CTD issue. I started experiencing the issue sometime late last week after Steam automatically loaded some update to Skyrim. I was playing late at night and had to shutdown my game for a while. When I returned to my game, I noticed the auto-update downloading on Skyrim under my Steam Library tab. Once completed, I started Skyrim and BOOSH my monitor shuts down, reads "NO SIGNAL" and the background music in Skyrim starts skipping like crazy. I have disabled every single mod I have and started a new game and still get the black screen of death. I have deleted all left-over scripts from uninstalled mods, replaced the necessary modded scripts with the originals I backed up, I have completely disabled and deleted ENB and corrected the .ini settings... I have tried everything I can think of, short of uninstalling Skyrim and then reinstalling...

*UPDATE*

Well, I completely uninstalled Skyrim and then reinstalled... so far no black screen crash and I'm running about 100 mods still. When all else fails, tear it down and start again :)