Getting a new PC. Game suggestions.

thekid345

The computer I have right now is pretty old, and Oblivion runs like crap on it. So by Saturday I should have a brand new Dell PC. I don't know the exact specs, but it's hella good. So I have about 150$ I'd spend on a few new games. I need suggestions..

Oh, and don't say Spore. I'm getting that :D

Hold onto the money until you know the details on the new computer. A brand new computer isn't necessarily set up to run the newest games. You may need to upgrade the video card to do that. Sorry if it's not exciting but it's good advice.

Well, it's not good advice, pal. I know the specs, but I meant by that I don't feel like going online and finding them(again) and I didn't memorize them exactly.. Suggestions please.

Oh and thanks for answering my question :P

Here's some advice - DON'T get Spore. Yes, I created all of those tips threads and requested the forum, etc. blah blah blah but it has been a massive disappointment for many of us (check our threads here and on the Sporum).

Since you have a new, blazing rig, I wouldn't use Spore as one of the first experiences.

Go with some graphics heavy jobs such as Crysis, Mass Effect. If you're into RTS then check out Sins of a Solar Empire from Stardock (great company).

Finally, I don't know how much Oblivion you played but just like me you'll find a brand new experience on your new box. :)

Cheers.

Archived