How can i run old games

hoofhearted4

Web of Trust. its a Firefox app

i tried installing Windows XP on a 40gb Partition but i keep getting a BSOD right when it starts. says something along the lines of

"If this is the first time you are seeing this screen restart your PC and try again. otherwise try scanning your PC for a virus and using CHKDISK /F to check for bad sectors on your hard drive (can SSDs even get bad sectors?) then try again"

i know i dont have a virus and as i said i dont think SSDs can even get bad sectors, so im not sure why i got that error.

Edited by hoofhearted4

What game are you trying to run, if its a older game like the era off Mafia, it should run okay through windows 7, with the compatibility settings, just that you would have to play around with it to get it to work.

me i managed to get mafia 1 to work with windows 7 no problem, now that was a classic and not to mention ahead of its time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKsaJe2zKSo

Edited by Thor.

What game are you trying to run, if its a older game like the era off Mafia, it should run okay through windows 7, with the compatibility settings, just that you would have to play around with it to get it to work.

me i managed to get mafia 1 to work with windows 7 no problem, now that was a classic and not to mention ahead of its time.

i said the title of the game. is almost 10 years older then the game you mentioned. its roughly 1994 i believe. there was an update to the game that allowed it to run in Windows XP. but ive read that it still doesnt work in Win7 and for those who can get it to run its accompanied by crashing and whatnot.

if only i could get windows 95/98 i would put it on my PC just to play this old game!

hey check this forum out, it has a solution to your problem sort of, oh and there is a 32bit version but i am not sure you have it. <br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f269/installing-really-old-carmen-sandiego-game-594331.html

i said the title of the game. is almost 10 years older then the game you mentioned. its roughly 1994 i believe. there was an update to the game that allowed it to run in Windows XP. but ive read that it still doesnt work in Win7 and for those who can get it to run its accompanied by crashing and whatnot.

if only i could get windows 95/98 i would put it on my PC just to play this old game!

get virtual box install win 95/98 on it, install games on it. It worked last time i tryed

https://www.virtualbox.org/

Edited by lostone1993

One problem with games that old is the computer may be just too fast to run them. There are programs that will put in scalable wait states between clock cycles to slow it down. I had to do this on a customer's system when he wanted to run an ancient DOS database program on a new XP system. You may have to experiment to find the right amount of slow down.

It's been a few years, but as I remember the program I used was a dos program that just put in a programmable number of do nothing wait commands between each real command to keep the program in sync.

However, the XP he was using was a 32 bit. It may not work on a multi processor or 64 bit system.

get virtual box install win 95/98 on it, install games on it. It worked last time i tryed

https://www.virtualbox.org/

that would work if i have a copy of windows 95 or 98. without a copy or an .iso a Virtual Box wont work.

How old is the SSD hoof?

like a month. why?

Definately shouldn't be the drive then.

Have you tried making a separate partition before trying to install XP?

Yes. i had 40GB of free space on my D: Drive and i used that to make an E: Drive and put XP on and i got that error. twice.

Edited by hoofhearted4