Help with Steam

breakwind

I was wondering if anyone could help me with Steam, as it's been about 20 days now since I have been able to access Skyrim :wacko: Steam always has the 'Steam Updating' window showing, and a look at my firewall shows Steam with 60 bytes in and 74 bytes out, day after day after day. No error messages or anything, task manager has Steam as 'running'. The cancel button on the Steam window doesn't work and I have to force it to end via the task manager. I have gone through all the usual things like deleting all files except the apps and exe files unplugging the router, disabling antivirus and firewall, deleting potentially conflicting programs etc. I have had a ticket with Steam support for over 2 weeks now and every 5 or 6 days I just get a copy and paste from them from one of their faqs. I installed Steam on another computer with our internet connection, and it is doing the same thing which is telling me the fault is not with my computer. I use satellite internet as I live in the middle of nowhere. twice Steam started working at about 2am Australian Eastern Standard for about an hour and then reverted back to its perpetual updating state. I have Dawnguard downloaded at 80% for weeks now, it is driving me insane...I have to have my Skyrim fix :sad: When I delete client registry .blob file and restart Steam the newly created .blob file shows as 10,241kb for a split second and then quickly changes to 1kb

@Georgiegirl, I have had my Steam account since 2005 and have had the same IP for 3 years and even if I use all my on-peak data allowance, it is slowed to 56k which is still good enough to login to Steam. No I swear that everything I have tried all points to the problem being at the Steam end. I can successfully ping their servers so connectivity isn't the issue, just their talking to my computer, which makes me wonder whether or not my account has been hijacked in some way. Of course at the rate that their Support works it might take me a year to find out..... :sad: