How the hell do i download mods for DAI?

oifvet88

I've no idea where to look. I have vortex but i bought it from the EA store and have no idea wtf it is i'm supposed to be looking for or downloading. I'm very stupid when it comes to files and programs. If anyone can link me so what it is that i need for mods, PLEASE! that'd be awesome! And when i download mods, do i need to input stuff myself or what?

@oifvet88;

Errrmmm... There's no way you "bought" Vortex, and certainly not from any EA store.

It's only available here on the Nexus, and it's absolutely free. :yes:

That said, Vortex won't help you with mods for DAI, or any game that uses the Frostbite engine. For that you'll need either (or both) the "DAI Mod Manager" for .daimod files (part of the "DAITools Suite Loader (Abandonned)") and "Frosty" for .fbmod files. (These managers are also free.)

Each game has its own sub-area for mods on the Nexus. Mods for DAI are found here.

Pay attention to the file names and the mod authors' instructions to determine which mods use which manager. (Most mods that require Frosty have "Frosty" in their name.) And you should be aware that trying to use both types at the same time can be very... challenging interesting. :cool:

Happy (modded) gaming. :thumbsup:

@oifvet88;

Errrmmm... There's no way you "bought" Vortex, and certainly not from any EA store.

It's only available here on the Nexus, and it's absolutely free. :yes:

That said, Vortex won't help you with mods for DAI, or any game that uses the Frostbite engine. For that you'll need either (or both) the "DAI Mod Manager" for .daimod files (part of the "DAITools Suite Loader (Abandonned)") and "Frosty" for .fbmod files. (These managers are also free.)

Each game has its own sub-area for mods on the Nexus. Mods for DAI are found here.

Pay attention to the file names and the mod authors' instructions to determine which mods use which manager. (Most mods that require Frosty have "Frosty" in their name.) And you should be aware that trying to use both types at the same time can be very... challenging interesting. :cool:

Happy (modded) gaming. :thumbsup:

I apologize. I should have been more clear. I bought DAi from the Origins store. My only concern is that it's really buggy and unstable. Anything to be on the look out for as far as signs go? that way i know what to look for beforehand. thank you!

@oifvet88;

• DAI isn't "buggy" or "unstable". It's perfectly playable (with the most recent patch) as-is. No mods needed. :thumbsup:
    (Yes, there are a couple of unresolved issues. None game-breaking, and most have work-arounds.)
  • The "DAI Tool Suite" was abandoned because the person working on it switched to the "Frosty" platform for modding Frostbite games. It's perfectly usable, it's just that it won't ever be updated, and the author doesn't provide any question answering/hand-holding.
  • As I noted in my post above, the "DAI Mod Manager" (which is part of the "Tool Suite") is needed to install any mod packaged as a ".daimod" file.
  • As I also noted, "Frosty" is a more recent and capable manager for mods for Frostbite games. It is needed to install any mod packaged as a ".fbmod" file.

About the only mod I consider essential is "Quicker Looting", which by-passes the tedious animation that plays every time you pick stuff up off the ground.

And the only other one I use that effects game-play (vs. changing "appearances") is "War Table - No Waiting". (But I just decided to remove it for my next playthrough because it changes the dynamic of the overall game so drastically.)

Notice that both of those are ".daimod" files, so I use the DAI Mod Manager. (Unlike ME:Andromeda, I haven't found any DAI mods I really want that use Frosty. :smile: )

• 2 weeks later...

@oifvet88;

• DAI isn't "buggy" or "unstable". It's perfectly playable (with the most recent patch) as-is. No mods needed. :thumbsup:

(Yes, there are a couple of unresolved issues. None game-breaking, and most have work-arounds.)

• The "DAI Tool Suite" was abandoned because the person working on it switched to the "Frosty" platform for modding Frostbite games. It's perfectly usable, it's just that it won't ever be updated, and the author doesn't provide any question answering/hand-holding.

• As I noted in my post above, the "DAI Mod Manager" (which is part of the "Tool Suite") is needed to install any mod packaged as a ".daimod" file.

• As I also noted, "Frosty" is a more recent and capable manager for mods for Frostbite games. It is needed to install any mod packaged as a ".fbmod" file.

About the only mod I consider essential is "Quicker Looting", which by-passes the tedious animation that plays every time you pick stuff up off the ground.

And the only other one I use that effects game-play (vs. changing "appearances") is "War Table - No Waiting". (But I just decided to remove it for my next playthrough because it changes the dynamic of the overall game so drastically.)

Notice that both of those are ".daimod" files, so I use the DAI Mod Manager. (Unlike ME:Andromeda, I haven't found any DAI mods I really want that use Frosty. :smile: )

Thank you so much!

• 8 months later...

the responses in this thread are a stunning and vibrant example of how to provide partial answers that go nowhere. the frosty mod manager site doesn't say how to use it, it's just an archive file with no readme included. this forum has no stickied threads on how to get started, or an intro to modding the game. it's just a mishmash of unsorted crap with no hints as to how to find actual help.