OBSE error with MenuQue, advice needed

Murielkai

MO2 is giving me this message when I install MemuQue v16b:

You have one or more script extender plugins which failed to load!

If you want this notification to go away, here are some steps you can take:

• Look for updates to the mod or the specific plugin included in the mod.

• Disable the mod containing the plugin.

• Hide or delete the plugin from the mod.

To refresh the script extender logs, you will need to run the game and/or editor again!

The failed plugins are:

• OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue_OLD version 0 (OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll, MenuQue v16b) reported as incompatible during query.

Is this something I should just ignore? I used this same version of MenuQue a long time back when installing Oblivion XP but I never read the OBSE logs so if the error was there I never seemed to notice it.

As far as I know it's a harmless error ... I believe that empty DLL was added to overwrite an older version of MenuQue's DLL to prevent problems. I think you could also just delete the DLL giving the error.

• 5 weeks later...

As far as I know it's a harmless error ... I believe that empty DLL was added to overwrite an older version of MenuQue's DLL to prevent problems. I think you could also just delete the DLL giving the error.

The DLL isn't "empty", it's 71 KB in size. I've attached the file to this message.

Yes I was wrong to call it an "empty" DLL ... it is in fact 71 KB size.

If you look at an older version of MenuQue (I have a downloaded copy of version 9a) you'll see that the file OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll is 293 KB in size. In version 16b that same OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll is 71 KB in size. If you had version 9a installed back in 2010 and then installed version 16b today without completely uninstalling the older version 9a what would happen is the version 16b copy of OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue.dll would overwrite the older obsolete version from 9a and your MenuQue will work. The explanation that I recall reading somewhere is that if that older obsolete version was allowed to remain intact it would cause problems.

- Edit - The older versions of MenuQue are there available for download if you want to investigate further yourself.

Edited by Striker879