need a GPU recommendation

ozmods

i bought an acer predator with a nvidia gtx 1060 6gb,

it seems to work fine with most other games, but it just simply hates anything from bethesda, it constantly overheats, and throws me out constantly i have tried turning up the fan to full but it just doesnt make any difference, it will get to 60-65c and then boot me out, i know it's not a mod, it's the game, it's too resource heavy...

so what i need is a recommendation for a video card that wont constantly overheat, this one is complete rubbish..

comments and suggestions??

Not an answer to your question I'm afraid (you said nothing about price range, I have a RTX 2080 Ti, it works excellent but costs a small fortune....).

But something seems seriously wrong with the setup.

The 1060 starts thermal throttling at 83C, and the fans starts at around 60C (if I got my specs right).

You sure that it's not something that can be fixed, like airflow and such?

I would be looking at other parts of your setup (memory, cpu, hard drive, power supply). I have a 3Gb MSI Lightning 2, AMD FX Black Edition 8150, 32GB of GSkill Ripjaws RAM (1866MHz), 2x2Tb hard drive in RAID 1 and the game works for me on a little above low settings. The video card is the bottleneck there.

I would also check your driver's as those may be causing some of the issue. Airflow can also be an issue, so make sure you have a good case with enough fans to keep things cool and I do have a Hyper Evo 212 cooling my CPU with two fans (one either side) pulling and pushing air to the back of the case.

it seems to work fine with most other games, but it just simply hates anything from bethesda, it constantly overheats, and throws me out constantly i have tried turning up the fan to full but it just doesnt make any difference, it will get to 60-65c and then boot me out, i know it's not a mod, it's the game, it's too resource heavy...

How is 60 to 65 overheating? Mine gets up to the high 70ies without any problems. And I haven't got the strongest horse in the race with a 650 GTX.

There has to be something else causing you to CTD.

The only times I've had thermal problems with Nvidia cards was when there was a problem with the fans, tbh. One time one of the two fans on the card was being kept from turning by a slightly warped shroud, and one time, well, the idiots who put together this computer apparently decided that it needs a foam bag inside to prop the graphics card. I wish I was making that up.

my old sys, win 7 pro 64, i 4970 rog gtx 1060 (6g) 16 ram, had never any problem with fo4, if i where you i would open the case and see if the fans are turning

idle my fans never turned, under load they started to turn but the 1060 never over heated

if you want a slight better card go for 1660 ti, they are pretty cheap and a bit better then 1060

i have 1 in my current sys, win 10 home 64, i5 8400, gtx 1660 ti, 16gb ram, m2 samsung, fo4 runs fine to

Edited by speedynl

How is 60 to 65 overheating? Mine gets up to the high 70ies without any problems. And I haven't got the strongest horse in the race with a 650 GTX.

There has to be something else causing you to CTD.

I'm with cossayos on this one....

A stock 1060 should:

- start the fans at around 60C

- start thermal throttling at around 83C

- shut itself down at around 92C to prevent damage (it can usually handle higher temps, but that is the safety limit)

My card (not a 1060, but Nvidia) fluctuates at around 70-75 under heavy load.