Godrays have a dark line in the center of the screen where it doesn't render

dragon3025

Move your: Texturex.bsa files to a different backup directory. Do NOT have them as part of the equation.

Back a " while ago " these were known to be " problematic ", to say the least. I even had them cause CTD's of my game and yes it was confirmed these were the cause. Removed them and funny my game and / or graphics worked just fine.

I'm still going slow - because of a ' feeling ' I have and I hope it's wrong. So we will engage the P.I.T.A. protocol just a bit more to see.

Move your: Texturex.bsa files to a different backup directory. Do NOT have them as part of the equation.

Back a " while ago " these were known to be " problematic ", to say the least. I even had them cause CTD's of my game and yes it was confirmed these were the cause. Removed them and funny my game and / or graphics worked just fine.

I'm still going slow - because of a ' feeling ' I have and I hope it's wrong. So we will engage the P.I.T.A. protocol just a bit more to see.

I'm not sure what you mean by moving them. Do you mean take all the "Skyrim - Textures0.bsa", "Skyrim - Textures1.bsa", etc. and move them to another folder somewhere? I tried moving them to a temporary folder on my desktop, but running my game after that caused everything to turn purple, then I got a crash to desktop when loading the save file.

Yes, you did what I was asking in moving the TextureXX.bsa to a different folder.

Okay, one last path to take ... before we' ve come to an answer:

When was the last time you updated your Video Card Driver?

... BTW - is it a plug-in card or attached to the Motherboard?

It's attached to the motherboard. I tried to update my video card driver and it said the best update is already installed.

We've done all we can do ... and I was 90% sure it was connected to the Motherboard.

But let's take one last step:

.... You might try totally Removing Skyrim SE and do a complete total clean reinstall of the game. If yo have not done so already??????

But ....

Here is the issue - I'm 95% sure that your Video Card is ' dying ' and/or is unable to deal with Skyrim SE any further.

... So is your computer and/or motherboard still in warranty get it looked at.

... If it's not, does your motherboard allow you to turn OFF ( Disable ) the Video and allow you to get a Video Card?

My reason is on board video cards have a bad habit of dying an early death due to lack of overheating and break down.

It's attached to the motherboard. I tried to update my video card driver and it said the best update is already installed.

We've done all we can do ... and I was 90% sure it was connected to the Motherboard.

But let's take one last step:

.... You might try totally Removing Skyrim SE and do a complete total clean reinstall of the game. If yo have not done so already??????

But ....

Here is the issue - I'm 95% sure that your Video Card is ' dying ' and/or is unable to deal with Skyrim SE any further.

... So is your computer and/or motherboard still in warranty get it looked at.

... If it's not, does your motherboard allow you to turn OFF ( Disable ) the Video and allow you to get a Video Card?

My reason is on board video cards have a bad habit of dying an early death due to lack of overheating and break down.

I already did a complete reinstall.

My graphics card dying is probably it. I don't know how long this has been going on now, but for the more than a year my computer will freeze up every now an then when playing something like Minecraft or Terraria. Strangely, it rarely ever freezes with Skyrim even though the graphic quality is much higher. I've gone through a lot to fix it, and I even completely reset my PC, but it still happens, especially if I run Google Chrome at the same time. I hope to get a new PC eventually, I guess for now I'll have the Godrays off. Thanks for all your effort.