skyrim performance

Helferadam

Hi, I dont really play many video games. I used to have a xbox and i played skyrim a good bit, but then i sold it. Recently i got the game for pc just to play it for fun again. What i did not realize is how difficult it is to get this game to run on a average laptop. I have spent hours downloading reduced texture packs and doing trick after trick trying to get skyrim to run at least smooth enough to play. I have seen many videos online of people with terrible laptops playing the game and other things like that. Im NOT very good with computers but i would love to be able to play this game again because it is a lot of fun. Please could someone help me to find a way to run skyrim.

Processor: intel® Core2 duo CPU t6670 @2.20 ghz

Installed memory(ram): 4.00 gb (2.96 usable)

System type: 32-bit

Windows 7 professional

Mobil intel® 4 series express chipset family

I tried to post my system properties or wetever the above stuff is. Sorry again im not to good with computers

thanks!

Honestly, you are looking to run a fairly taxing game on a system the is below specs. YOur best shot is to set everything to the lowest settings, play with few or no mods, and if you get things running smoothly, slowly try to push it a little until your system lets you know it is too much. There is only so much you can do with the equipment you have.

If you haven't already, check out the following 2 resources, which explain how various settings affect performance and quality. You will need to select for maximum performance over quality, although it you get it running smmothly you might try increasing a few settings.

RookieNoobs guide does a good job discussing options for low end systems

Geforce Tweak Guide discusses everything, with a Nvidia slant, but lots of info for everyone.

You did all that that to try to gain performance yet integrated graphics virtually have no change of running intensive games at all, i have no knowledge with laptop gaming but even an outdated video card should help you play the game.

My PC is 6 years old and i put in a low-end video card from 2008 and i can play on high textures & high distances at around 14FPS which is okay with me, system requirements don't really matter as long as you don't mind below average performance, you just need the hardware in place to at least be able to handle the game.

Edited by GoodfellowGoodspring