Construction Set Petition

Jared2500

As we all know, the Oblivion Construction Set gives modding a lot more options, and it attracts a large modding community. Fallout 3 is a beautiful game, and has so much potential to develop a thriving mod community. Bethesda claims that they don't know when they will be able to release a construction set, and that it hasn't even been confirmed if it will be made. A construction set is essential for a modding community to develop and thrive here. This may just be a petition, but a little extra influence from the people sure can't hurt the cause. To sign this petition, simply post with a thumbs up expression and a comment in favor of releasing a construction set. Bethesda is bound to find out about this eventually if it gets big enough.

Example: Count me in for the Fallout 3 Construction Set! :thumbsup:

That's one.

EDIT: I encourage those who view this to sign, the petition won't benefit from merely looking at it. We need your input!

EDIT 2: This is NOT a flame against Bethesda, it is meant for positive encouragement of releasing a CS. If you have any negative comments, please refrain from posting them here.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This may just be a petition, but a little extra influence from the people sure can't hurt the cause. To sign this petition, simply post with a thumbs up expression and a comment in favor of releasing a construction set. Bethesda is bound to find out about this eventually if it gets big enough.

I wouldn't count on it. Bethesda is infamous for their lack of accepting fan input. We begged them to release their nif exporter for Oblivion, they never did it. We begged them for spears and crossbows, the never did them. We begged them for lots of things, they never bother.

In the words of Bethesda 'they are making the game they want to play' which we can take to mean that they will only do what they think is right and no amount of petitions, begging, threads, or pleas will get them to do so otherwise. If they release a construction set then it will be because they decided to and not because of fan demand.

A construction set is essential for a modding community to develop and thrive here.
Actually, it has been confirmed that BSA Commander can extract the contents of the BSA files that come with Fallout 3. Expect to see texture replacers very soon. Replacer models will follow once the NIF format is figured out and the NifTools team releases updates to their tools.

There will be mods regardless of the existence of a CS or not but it will be severely hampered if not.

LHammonds

Here's my signature.....Been up all night playing fallout now i'm looking for mods lol.Nice to see Fallout 3 included here btw. I found that Oblivion console codes work with fallout,thought they might.At least the ones i've tried so far do....Not cheating tho....I'm getting my butt kicked.Love the look of this game.

A construction set is essential for a modding community to develop and thrive here.
Actually, it has been confirmed that BSA Commander can extract the contents of the BSA files that come with Fallout 3. Expect to see texture replacers very soon. Replacer models will follow once the NIF format is figured out and the NifTools team releases updates to their tools.

There will be mods regardless of the existence of a CS or not but it will be severely hampered if not.

LHammonds

True, but a lot of great mods for Oblivion were more than replacers. I'm not denying that there are many great replacers, but there are also many great mods that add content into the game (Quests, Factions, NPCs, etc.). Not to mention how great custom perks would be.

Archived