Having trouble making items static...

Preykousis

Hello everyone!

I'm customizing a player home for myself, a total interior redesign, and I've added some items such as goblets on tables as decoration only. And I get annoyed how they can be knocked over when bumped by characters, as well as the "pick up" icon when hovering over them.

So, I added the following scripts to them:

defaultDisableHavokOnLoad (in hopes no bumps could occur)

defaultBlockActivation (to disable the text and ability to pick-up)

But, neither of them work, the items can still be picked up and knocked about, What am I doing wrong lol :wallbash:

I appreciate any help :)

Edited by Preykousis

Have you tried duplicating the item and not giving it a name? That usually prevents it from being pick-uppable.

That worked, they can no longer be picked up, thanks!

But they can still be knocked around.

I just noticed another physics issue. I have 3 of the goblets placed on the table, but whenever I pick one of them up, the others fall into the table and stop half way.

If you want to make truly static items you may have to make duplicate nif files and edit out the havok properties in nifskope.At least that is what I did for many items in Oblivion but have not tried for Skyrim yet.Once you have the static nifs then create new entries for them in the CK.

I do seem to remember a few collections of static items available as modder resources on the Nexus a while ago.

^What he said. You'll have to change a few properties in Nifskope to make the object unmovable.

It's pretty simple. Open the goblet nif with Nifskope. Click BSFadeNode to expand it. Then click bhkCollisionObject to expand that. Click on bhkRigidBodyT and look at the Block Details window below. Change the values in the fields Mass, Max Linear Velocity and Max Angular Velocity to '0.0000'. Should look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/uSFhn.jpg

Then if you want the object not to be picked up, follow the previous procedure.

Edited by nonoodles

^What he said. You'll have to change a few properties in Nifskope to make the object unmovable.

It's pretty simple. Open the goblet nif with Nifskope. Click BSFadeNode to expand it. Then click bhkCollisionObject to expand that. Click on bhkRigidBodyT and look at the Block Details window below. Change the values in the fields Mass, Max Linear Velocity and Max Angular Velocity to '0.0000'. Should look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/uSFhn.jpg

Then if you want the object not to be picked up, follow the previous procedure.

Cool, I decided to download it, but how do I access the .nif files, do I need to use an un-packer of sorts?

Oops, forgot that part.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/740

Just read the section on unpacking textures, the process is the same for nifs. Nif files are in Skyrim - Meshes.bsa.

You'll have to save your edited goblet nif and put it somewhere like data>meshes>clutter. Then start CK, duplicate a goblet and edit it so that it points to the new nif.

Edited by nonoodles