dlc1 ctd, help!

Exurim

Well, there is a solution... find out what's actually causing the crash. It's very probably not Dawnguard and it doesn't seem to be anything in your log there. Try disabling mods running to see if it happens with only the vanilla game and Dawnguard (that is, official content). Then try bringing back mods a batch at a time to find out when it starts and narrow it down. It might be textures overloading your card, something that adds NPCs making your computer strain too hard... Honestly it could be just about anything since we don't know what you're using. It's just almost certainly not that Dawnguard sleep check script.

well i'll post my entire log here for you too see, i'll do as you say try to disable some and check.

edit cannot add log due to too big, please dl. papyrus.0

and for the stress related, its weird cause having vram monitored and its fine when game runs no spikes

Edited by Exurim

• 2 weeks later...

well i'll post my entire log here for you too see, i'll do as you say try to disable some and check.

and for the stress related, its weird cause having vram monitored and its fine when game runs no spikes

I don't know if you are still having the problem but I had it too. CTD when going from interior to exterior, usually in a city or village. It would happen every 10-15 min or so but not on every cell change.

I can't guarantee this will work for you but it helped me. Just don't make any saves that you aren't willing to toss if it doesn't help.

I wrote down the offending quest ID from my papyrus log. For me it looked like this:

"[dlc1radiantscript <DLC1Radiant (02004C1C)>]CreateQuestBasedOnLocation([Location < (0001F86D)>]) is NOT creating a quest: as Location is neither DLC1HunterHQLocation nor DLC1VampireCastleLocation"

so for me it was the DLC1Radiant quest with an ID of 02004c1c. This is a Dawngourd related quest.

So I loaded my save, opened the console and entered the following:

setstage 02004c1c 1 <-This sets resets to quest to the point where you first get it.

Some other commands which are helpful:

sqt <-shows your active quests' IDs

player.sqs <quest ID> <-this shows what stages you have completed for that quest

more info here

Edited by MALLIMOOSH

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if you are still having the problem but I had it too. CTD when going from interior to exterior, usually in a city or village. It would happen every 10-15 min or so but not on every cell change.

I can't guarantee this will work for you but it helped me. Just don't make any saves that you aren't willing to toss if it doesn't help.

I wrote down the offending quest ID from my papyrus log. For me it looked like this:

"[dlc1radiantscript <DLC1Radiant (02004C1C)>]CreateQuestBasedOnLocation([Location < (0001F86D)>]) is NOT creating a quest: as Location is neither DLC1HunterHQLocation nor DLC1VampireCastleLocation"

so for me it was the DLC1Radiant quest with an ID of 022004c1c. This is a Dawngourd related quest.

So I loaded my save, opened the console and entered the following:

setstage 022004c1c 1 <-This sets resets to quest to the point where you first get it.

Some other commands which are helpful:

sqt <-shows your active quests' IDs

player.sqs <quest ID> <-this shows what stages you have completed for that quest

more info here

setstage 2004c1c 1 I think you mean, coz that seems to have fixed it for me for now, the ctd's at least, for now

Though i still have the game freeze up on me during combat...

Thanks for sharing!!

I have the coffin issue also, it does not happen all the time. It started after the mission where the guys family is killed by Alva who is a vampire, I attempted to talk to her in the cave to kill the master vampire and she glitched on me and I could not speak to her, kill her, etc. then those messages started popping up and everytime I have one I usually freeze, now i personally don't freeze often but EVERY time I do ([DLC1VampireSleepScript <DLC1VampireSleep (02008E3B)>]PlayerActivateBed() IsCoffin =False) is the most recent message. I actually think the game is confused and I was maybe suppose to be turned into a vampire and I wasn't? Not really sure but I don't think it is a coincidence that every freeze I experience that is the last log. Luckily I can go 6-8hrs of straight play and it wont happen or it will happen within a half hour or so and not for a while. Hell maybe it is a coincidence, but it does not really bother me just wanted to share my opinion and maybe help someone else out or put them on the track to figuring this out.

I'm back....despite my above fix (fixed my typo) for this I am now getting it again. I uninstalled a couple of clothing mods and I do believe the radiant quest mentioned above could be sensitive to that....I am no mod author just a user but that's my guess.

For me it is happening in the Bannered Mare. If I sleep or wait I CTD. Sometimes it happens when I try to leave or talk to a NPC.

Im going to try the fix again and test it, will report back.

From what I can tell these are normal log messages and do not tell you what is causing the CTD. What are your ini file settings? What mods are you running? What is the load order? What are your PC specs?

hmmm, are you really really sure it aint the case? cause that "check sleep coffin = false" is always the last line in my logs before ctd.

but as a pointer, the ctd's always happen when entering a cell.

- my ini files are somewhat configured but no ugrids changed, nothing to worry about its like skip intro etc easy ones. fail safe trust me.

- my load order are the entire step guide and some others so about 200 mods.

- load order is set by boss then a bashed patch is remade if a mod has a update.

- my pc is mindblowing. My link

but im still thinking it has to do with that DLC 1 ( dawnguard ) vampire bulls***... is there anyway to maybe... deactivate the check? know it sound risky but..

i mean im no twilight boy, and never will i be, so better just disable the check.

Once you get close to 255 active BSAs/mods skyrim sometimes hiccups on them. I try to keep to around half that at maximum. (I always go on an uninstalling spree if I hit 125) Skyrim has a lot of 'cielings', and it doesn't matter if you are using a 36 core nasa computer with 700 gigs of memory, you are going to hit the same ceilings as everyone else. xP

Also, How much did you spend on that computer? It looks crazy, but the result specs really don't look all that much better then mine, which costed about a grand before monitor/keyboard/mouse. Mine can play literally any game on the market on the highest settings, even with graphical enchantment mods with no FPS hit. Instead of water cooling though, I went with a PCU heatpipe fan and a full air circulation, I have the general specs in my profile, but I also have a large 200mm fan on the side, 3 more 120mm exterior fans, and a large opening for ventilation. I have an ambient temperature gauge on the front, but my dumbass ripped the cord to it putting the computer together. It was my first mod build too, do I'm asking you all this one new PC builder to another not really anything to do with skyrim.

Also, are you using crossfire? A lot of games have weird issues with crossfire. Mine supports it if I want to upgrade (I don't think I could fit another one of my huge ass graphic cards though) I've just heard bad things about cross fire, so I'm very finicky about it.

I'll get some pictures of it in a second. I know this has nothing to do with your issue, but I just cant help myself, I just built this about a month ago, it's basically my dream machine, so I love comparing it to other peoples computers every chance I get. :P hehe, sorry for the minor thread jacking, figure I can keep you busy with idol chatter while someone tries to fix your issue.

EDIT: Kinda crappy pictures, don't show her insides, but oh well.

http://i50.tinypic.com/zmkppw.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/16i9yc7.jpg

Edited by ArtMurder

Regarding the DLC1Radiant (02004C1C) CTDs,

Like I said above I got them again, so I am trying to sort out the cause. I'm sure it is most likely a mod but I am first attempting to fix it without having to mess with my many mods....which I may have to do if my attempts fail.

So last night I got CTDs when trying to enter the Bannered Mare or Jrovasskr. I reverted to an earlier save and things seemed ok....

Until today when I began getting CTDs when EXITING buildings in Whiterun. Same script log entry: <DLC1Radiant (02004C1C)>

So I looked in the CK and found the stages for this quest. The final stage is 40 so I loaded a save and in the console entered "setstage 02004c1c 40"

Upon doing this Old Lady Grey Mane began attacking me and would not stop. So I reloaded the save and the console command but this time while cowering in a dark corner of Whiterun where nobody could see me.

So far so good, no cell change CTDs at least. But...who knows. I am listing all my mods, please if you have this issue too take a look at my load order to see if we share any mods.

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  HearthFires.esm
04  Omegared99-Compilation.esm
05  SPIKE.esm
06  JSwords.esm
07  ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
08  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
09  ApachiiHair.esm
0A  RaceCompatibility.esm
0B  Brawl Bugs CE.esp
0C  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 1.2.4]
0D  DawnguardDrainVitalityFix.esp
0E  Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.1a]
0F  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 1.0a]
10  MoreSnowWindyand75percentLessView.esp
11  Rainbows.esp
12  Supreme Fog.esp
13  BardSoundsMalukah.esp
14  Improved Combat Sounds v2.1.esp
15  Thundering Shouts.esp
16  EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
17  ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-1.esp
18  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
19  ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp
1A  ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
1B  MintyLightningMod.esp
1C  MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp
1D  Weapons and Armor fixes.esp
1E  Weapons and Armor fixes - Hacks.esp
1F  StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
20  83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp
21  arrowsmith-dawnguard.esp
22  Birdsofskyrim.esp
++  CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
23  JK Crafting Breakdown.esp
24  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-1.esp
++  Lost Art of the Blacksmith.esp
25  lt_better_horses.esp
26  mcCampingLite.esp
27  MomoDash.esp
28  More Craftables.esp
29  Oblivious Horses (Ess Stam Spd) (DG).esp
2A  outfitchanger.esp
2B  Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons.esp
2C  ShootingStars.esp
2D  skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp
2E  Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
2F  Unique BOOZE Bottles.esp
30  iHUD.esp
31  Ket_3DLoadscreens.esp
32  BlackSacramentArmor.esp
33  BlackSacramentDBReplacer.esp
34  Bucklers Only.esp
35  Cloaks.esp
36  1nivWICCloaks.esp  [Version 2.1b]
37  1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp  [Version 2.1]
++  Craftable Staffs.esp
38  CraftableClothes.esp
39  daedric_phelm.esp
3A  DaedricCrossbow.esp
3B  Dovahkiin Mercenary Armor and Weapons CBBE.esp
3C  DragonboneCrossbow.esp
3D  DragonBoneWeaponsComplete.esp
3E  Drow Armor Set.esp
3F  DwarvenMech.esp
40  Northborn Fur Hoods.esp
41  FlameAtronachArmor.esp
++  FullBootForKKSA.esp
42  Henrys Ring of Light.esp
43  hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
44  Insanity's Dragonbane.esp  [Version 1.0]
45  isilnarsil.esp
46  JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp
47  LostLongSwords.esp
48  Magicka Sabers.esp
49  Masters of Death - Sicarius Armor (Standalone).esp
4A  MegaShields.esp
4B  Omegared99-WeaponSets.esp
4C  Medium-40Percent.esp
4D  PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp
4E  Remodeled Armor.esp
4F  royal_daedric.esp
50  skyforgedShields.esp
51  SkyHeels.esp
52  RodBoots.esp
53  RodGloves.esp
54  WeaponsOf3E.esp
55  ImmersiveArmorsNPCs.esp
56  Beautiful Whiterun.esp
57  buildablehouse.esp
58  RealisticWhiterun.esp
59  ShezriesWinstadHearthfireKitchen.esp
5A  Trees for Solitude V1.1.esp
++  Proper Aiming.esp
5B  Babette.esp
5C  Better Dynamic Snow.esp
5D  Headbomb's Better Sorting - Spells.esp
5E  Headbomb's Better Sorting - Ingredients.esp
5F  Headbomb's Better Sorting - Soul Gems (Ranked).esp
60  Headbomb's Better Sorting - Potions (Normal Weight).esp
++  Headbomb's Better Sorting - Miscellaneous.esp
++  Headbomb's Better Sorting - Ammo.esp
61  Headbomb's Better Sorting - Food (Normal Weight).esp
62  Headbomb's Better Sorting - Books.esp
63  BetterQuestObjectives.esp
64  Essential dogs v2.esp
65  LessDragonsNMQ50.esp
66  dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
67  dD-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
68  dD-No Screen Blood.esp
69  dD-No Vanilla Hit Blood Decals Placement.esp
6A  VariousGuardReplacer.esp
6B  dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
6C  RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
6D  RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
6E  RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
6F  more plants dawnguard.esp
++  Sprint5.esp
++  qmod04jump.esp
70  BFSEffects.esp
71  DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
72  DeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.esp
73  IPutASpellOnYou.esp
74  Realistic crime report radius zero.esp
75  Duel - Combat Realism.esp
76  The Dance of Death.esp
77  ABT - Faster Arrows Improved +100%.esp
78  ABT - Faster Bolts Improved +100%.esp
++  ABT - Merchants Arrows +25%.esp
79  ABT - Progressive Damage (BS and CCO).esp
7A  ABT - Recover +10% Arrows and Bolts.esp
7B  enchant3effects.esp
7C  Uncapped Perks.esp
7D  ApachiiHairStyles.esp
7E  ApachiiHairStylesELVES.esp
7F  ajd_domhearthfirestewards.esp
80  Sexier Housecarls.esp
++  moveit.esp
81  EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp
82  getSnowy.esp
83  Short Grass.esp
84  WATER.esp
85  RND_Water-Patch.esp
86  Warburg's 3D Paper World Map.esp
87  Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Dawnguard.esp
88  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
89  Automatic Variants.esp

• 2 months later...

Ive been dealing with LOADS of script problems, knocking them out one by one, ive had bluepalacearea, fxdust, and some for mods

I believe from what ive seen :

PlayerActivateBed() IsCoffin =False

is caused by being a vampire, and not sleeping in a coffin enough (maybe)

what i had noticed in my forum searchs and playing, that this on happen on clock work every so often, like a timed effect. Like the one you get from not feeding to long, or not sleeping to long. After I had this thought i rushed to a coffin and slept a couple hours, also drank a blood potion. Since then i havent had the crash, longer then i normal. Which i had also noticed, once i knocked out the first couple problems and got my game running good, i did FEED a couple times :D and i was able to play for a while then too.

My conclusion is that there is some effect that they intended on having happen if you didnt sleep for too long but it glitches.

Solution : Coffin sleep more often, Get cured possibly? will try when im done with the vampire questline.