[WIP] - Destroy the Thieves Guild

bruce142

I am quite fine with having Maro as the quest giver,while TG isn't necessarily a threat to the emperor, they are still doing *trouble* in the whole country. Only thing that would be missing now is a penitus occulatus quest line :). I will download it once I play the game again.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ littleork : did you by any chance voted "Create a new questgiver + questhandler for the No Stone Unturned quest before releasing this mod (need voice actors to do this)" while choosing "Commander Maro, do not change". If you want Commander Maro to remain the questgiver, you must choose: "Release it like it's featured in the video" as option to the first question.

@AnkhAscendant: I'm a musician :laugh: (see profile picture : i'm holding an electric guitar, my previous avatar was a white jackson KE-3 with EMG's, looked a lot like mine except I have the pinstriped version), that's why i'm not 100% happy with the modified guard dialogue lines, but I did my best searching the right sound. And yes, Vex has a unique voice : femaleuniquevex is her voicetype.

@ littleork : did you by any chance voted "Create a new questgiver + questhandler for the No Stone Unturned quest before releasing this mod (need voice actors to do this)" while choosing "Commander Maro, do not change". If you want Commander Maro to remain the questgiver, you must choose: "Release it like it's featured in the video" as option to the first question.

@AnkhAscendant: I'm a musician :laugh: (see profile picture : i'm holding an electric guitar, my previous avatar was a white jackson KE-3 with EMG's, looked a lot like mine except I have the pinstriped version), that's why i'm not 100% happy with the modified guard dialogue lines, but I did my best searching the right sound. And yes, Vex has a unique voice : femaleuniquevex is her voicetype.

Well I do want Maro as the quest giver but still want a quest giver for the stone quests so I should actually cancel my vote since I don't want it to be released as it is and I don't want a new quest giver for Maro :P but want the stone quest giver.

Well I do want Maro as the quest giver but still want a quest giver for the stone quests so I should actually cancel my vote since I don't want it to be released as it is and I don't want a new quest giver for Maro :P but want the stone quest giver.

Oh, now I see. My mistake, sorry.

Some bad news folks, I was creating a new NPC (alternate questgiver for the No Stone Unturned quest) but the "destroy the thieves guild" quest kinda broke. I replaced the scripts/esp with the previous version (this was a version before I made the video) and it was fixed. I found the problem (a quest alias which the game couldn't fill and therefore the quest couldn't have started), but I had to make a few steps back in progress (Guards dialogue lines were not added, several bugs needs fixing,...). I was trying to make a variable quest alias (for the quest objectives and quest stage description) but the alias itself wouldn't fill (so I got [...] instead of the alias name), but I've abandoned this idea. I created seperate quest objectives but ingame they aren't recogizned, so I need a few more days to get this sorted.

Some Screenshots (Valentina (Mjoll's sister) is the new NPC, first (quest is still running) and second (quest is finished) picture are of Mjoll's house)

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zbgnr9.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2hx24i.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/30l2jc2.jpg

It seems a majority of the voters want to have this mod released after I have finished the alternate questgiver for the No stone unturned quest.

Please keep voting and replying to keep this thread alive.

Keep up the good work on this! A while back I was thinking of making a mod to do with destroying the Thieves' guild but I never got round to it, but it seems that you're doing a great job of it. :thumbsup:

Made some important progress, I've tested the TGCrown quest (I had to add markers to the Stones of Barenziah, I might not include this in the final version because despite I've done it differently than toadime (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9385, he uses GetDisabled != 1.00 which he runs on the Quest Alias : TGCrownGemActivatorAlias, and I use GetInContainer == 0.00 with the playerref as function info which I run on the TGCrownGemInventory itself), I don't want to get in any trouble) and it works (even the individual quest objectives) except for 3 little things :

1) Can't seem to make the Quest objective pointer point to Vex or Valentina (Maybe need to use other conditions)

2) Can't make Valentina a follower after the TGCrown quest (Will never happen due lack of follower dialogue lines in her voicetype (femaleuniquevex), can't change the voicetype either (with a script or command)) (tried to add lines and failed)

3) Need to rework the quest's log entries because they mention Vex and the Thieves Guild even if you did the quest for Valentina (might pull this off with conditions, maybe not)

I'll update this thread with any progress I've made on fixing these 3 bugs/problems

Let me know what you think and keep voting

Edit : Quest Log entries seems to work fine with conditions. Note : If you side with Valentina you will not gain the Prowler's Profit perk (but instead you'll recieve 3000 gold). The Quest objective pointer to Vex/Valentina doesn't work, did it work on the original No Stone Unturned quest?

Edited by bruce142

I need some help with making Valentina a follower, to do this I need to fill the default follower commands with Vex's reponses (as Vex and Valentina shares the same voicetype, this voicetype is very limited so you have to think outside the box). Here are my suggestions (first the name of the shared dialogue line, followed by the text in brackets is the line she says and the last bit is optional commentary (displayed in bold). Have you got other suggestions, please feel free to post them, but beware it must be a dialogue line vex uses or I can't use it, some of the suggestions are interchangeable, meaning they might fit better with a other follower command).

Dismiss = TGRVexGuildMasterDecline01 (Suit yourself. You're the boss.)

TGDoneQuitVex01 (Fine. Next time, save me the trouble and pass on it from the beginning.)

Wait here = TGRVexDecline06 (Look, if you just want to sit around the Flagon all day getting drunk, that's your business. Just quit wasting my time.)

Follow = TGDoneItemVex05 (And with no strings attached. Not bad. Here, got some coin for you.), I was thinking of her stealing a bit of money of you and give it back to make you think you've gained money (and she has granted you a favor), but she actually gives you your own money

Trade items =(?) TGDoneItemVex04 (I suppose you want your share now? Here you go.)

TGDoneItemVex06 (Amazing what people leave laying around for us to take, isn't it?)

TGRAcceptVex03 (All right. Take this and get out of here.)

I need you to do something = TGRVexGuildMasterDecline02 (All right, whatever you want.)

DialogueFollowerDoingFavorBlockingTopic (Do you still need me to do something)= TGDoneQuitVex02 (Make up your mind, will you? You're starting to make us look bad.)

Yes, let me show you = empty response, just the player line with an invisible continue

No. Never mind = TGRVexDecline02 (Look, I don't like wasting my time. Come back when you decide to get serious.)

TGRVexDecline01 (Hey, you approached me. You want to play coward, that's your problem.)

Edit : Nevermind doesn't work. She keeps saying "hmmh". I'm dropping the follower idea.

@toaDime : Again thank you for the quick reply and granting me permission to use your idea

Edited by bruce142