[WIP] - Destroy the Thieves Guild

bruce142

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23431 --- The author made it possible to sell stones of barenzia to kajiit trader. Seems a great choice for me. He also canceled the autostart of thieves guild quest ( no brinjolf approaches). I think you may think about it or connect the author.

By the way. Penitus Occulatus? The thieves guild isn't that important. In my opinion, it's more likely you unite with Mjoll (or alone) to destroy the guild (with or without completing her quest) without extra permission from another corner of Skyrim. Mjoll can be the questgiver - why not? She sworn to protect the town. After thieves are done report to jarl of Riften to get your reward.

Another step is Maven. Will she sit still while you attempt to destroy her guild? Unless you do it quite quickly.

And the last. Thank you for ever creating this mod. Dreamed of it since starting Skyrim.

Edited by NaomeShade

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@NaomeShade : good idea, about Mjoll being the questgiver (does she have dialogue lines that will explain the mission?). About the Stones of Barenziah, they are not useless after destroying the thieves guild. Valentina becomes the questgiver for the No stones unturned, so you can sell the completed crown to her (the quest still keeps progressing but with her as questgiver instead of vex). The reward is negotiable ofcourse (if you find it too little gold for all the things you have being into, I can raise it).

I've been thinking of the option for Mjoll to be the questgiver. I think it should fit nicely in her speech about the thieves guild. This is how it may be done (V stands for vanilla/already ingame) :

(V) Tell me about Riften's Thieves Guild.

-----------------------------------------

DialogueRi_DialogueRiftenM_000452EE_1.wav (To call it a guild is ridiculous. How can people who would betray one another over a gold coin be considered part of an association?)

dialogueri_dialogueriftenm_000452ee_2.wav (They are the worst kind, even the dark brotherhood abides by strict set of rules and tradition. These thieves are just rebel.)

dialogueri_dialogueriftenm_000452ee_3.wav (What do you think?)

(V) I agree completely

----------------------

DialogueRi_DialogueRiftenM_00083A91_1.wav (You know, I'm beginning to respect you. Other than Aerin, you seem to be the only other person I've met I might be able to trust.)

DialogueRi_DialogueRiftenM_00083A91_2.wav (Since we share the same opinion of them, let me warn you that they're recruiting others to join their "guild" and you should be cautious.)

It think whe should wipe them out ones and for all.

---------------------------------------------------

Option 1. I will do this for riften

-----------------------------------

I need to do this on my own

---------------------------

Dialogueri_00063e35_1.wav (Good. You could be the first line of the defense since you live outside the city walls. So, we are depending on you.)

dialogueri_dialoguerifteng_00083a97_1.wav (Please be careful, I don't wish to be the reason for your death)

dialogueri_dialoguerifteng_00036a8b_1.wav (Talos, Guide you)

I could use some help

--------------------------

dialogueri__00046b06_1.wav (It's my pleasure, if you see the thieves guild haressing anyone else, you'll be sure and let me know).

Option 2. I don't want to be involved in this.

----------------------------------------------

DialogueRi_DialogueRiftenM_00083A90_1.wav (That's a shame. Too many people in Riften share your view and look where it's getting them.)

DialogueRi_DialogueRiftenM_00083A90_2.wav (It's going to take more than just myself and Aerin to help this city... it has to want to help itself first.)

(V) I try not to care.

----------------------

DialogueRi_DialogueRiftenM_00083A90_1.wav (That's a shame. Too many people in Riften share your view and look where it's getting them.)

DialogueRi_DialogueRiftenM_00083A90_2.wav (It's going to take more than just myself and Aerin to help this city... it has to want to help itself first.)

(V) Actually, I was thinking to join them.

------------------------------------------

dialogueri_dialogueriftenm_00083a8d_1.wav (You disappoint me, I expected someone from outside Riften to be different, but I see corruption's reach holds little regard for boundaries.)

dialogueri_dialogueriftenm_00083a8d_2.wav (Enjoy the city, it will suit you well)

Thank you for reply. You are quite right about the continuation of stones quest. And it is probably not fair that one must be cancelled from it. But what about another unusual items you bring to Delvin? Valentina takes them too? Gonna think hard about it. The more we want to improve the game the more problems we come across.

As for the dialogs... I don't even know how to get into them. Or how to create new. Or how edit existing ones. Gonna work on that.

@NaomeShade : you can't create new dialogues (let alone duplicate existing ones (as they don't have the same path as the original)) so you have to unpack the Skyrim - Voices.bsa with BSAopt (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/247) and place it and rename it like it is displayed in the response form. Lipsyncing is another problem, as the one from the creation kit isn't great so you have to do it manually (I don't know how to do this either). It's easier to start fresh and with voice acting. Or you can do this like mans1ay3r edit the dialogues with other dialogues (like I did). Edited by bruce142

Okay voted....I like the idea of Commander Maro myself....in keeping with his legitimate position....I guess how I feel is, though Mjoll may feel the obvious choice given her views and impassioned statements.....she holds no power or authority...and it just seems to me that the TG's influence and Maven's involvement is just kind of above and beyond Mjoll and the Dragonborn isn't just doing one soul a favor, what he/she is undertaking is much more relevant than that and so such a request should come from somewhere higher up....That's my take anyway.

Though with that said...I would still use this mod regardless of who gives the quest...just throwing my two cents in on what would feel better to me.

It would feel better also if Brynjolf didn't have to be publicly executed...that's a hell of a thing to expose citizens to...though by the same token...beheading's are public spectacle....But just out of curiosity can a new path be implemented for Brynjolf that can lead him away from the public arena? like activating his walk to the Ratway at this point instead?

Edited by StayFrosty05

• 2 months later...

Ive looked at your dialogue and I think you need a new character. Imperial would make sense. I sent you a voice and choices script I thought might work by private message but Ill post a screen here too. The mod is a great idea. I hate the thieves guild. My characters are all neutral good or chaotic good. The fact that I cant eliminate the guild, and that often I accidentally end up joining the, (damn floating stones) really hacks me off. Great work so far!

http://tinypic.com/r/2kpob4/6