[WIP] - Destroy the Thieves Guild

bruce142

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be a lot more inclined to check out the mod if your vid hadn't fast-talked through the options available, so that I could actually see what the mod does. Also, how are you handling this if the player has NOT done Season Unending, or if, for instance, the the player finishes the war prior to ever going to Riften, and so on? Does Laila just never leave Mistveil, or what? I'll admit I didn't watch the entire video (and I don't have sound), so a little more detail in the explanation would be welcome! Edited by Allannaa

@Allannaa, this video was more to show what the new features are in version 1.1. This mod adds first of all a quest similar to Destroy the Dark Brotherhood, but with Mjoll as questgiver instead of Commander Maro (as in the WIP). There are some hidden gems as well : Delvin turns into a ghost upon death so the ghost of Delvin can finish Delvin's part in the Dark Brotherhood questline (trade amulet for letter of credit and repair the Dawnstar sanctuary), Valentina (= a new NPC) can finish/start the quest No stones unturned, there are guard dialogue lines similar when you have destroyed the Dark Brotherhood. I did make a video featuring the final version of the mod in its totality (combined with the video above), you find this video below (it's more clear than to watch the changes of version 1.1 alone). On the first page of this thread (second post) you can find a video of the WIP and compare what has changed. This mod has not been finished yet, not by a long shot : I keep receiving suggestions about making it possible for the player to join the Nightingales (I might do this, if I managed to get this sorted). If you need more info, I gladly refer you to the modpage and don't hesitate to PM if you have more questions. About the Season Unending requirement (this is a real requirement as stated below) and the Civil war (this is more an advice, I can't prevent you killing her if you don't have finished the Civil War on the Imperial side but I do not recommend this), you notice that there is a letter in the Black-Briar Manor, if you haven't captured Odahviing (and thus get passed the Season Unending quest), this letter will not be there and so you can't kill Maven but you can still do the rest of the quest (what's shown in the video below), this is to prevent the player ending up with no jarl at all when killing Maven before either capturing Riften on the Imperial side or trading Riften for Markarth in the Season Unending quest. I hope this post made things more clear for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahGNoal6Nns

That's the reason I've made this mod :wink:. Does anyone know how to make this mod more popular, I've tried to contact Ka3m0n (to include this mod in the GEMS series) + I did contact a lot of video reviewers, but they seem all oblivious to my request. This mod is great, once you understand what it does and how it works. I put a lot of my time in it and I expected people to appreciate this mod. I've tried to reach the hot files section (I nearly succeeded) but I don't understand how a mod is eligible for this section but the criteria seems to adapt itself (in the past you could get your mod in the hot files section if you had 35 endorsements and 500 downloads, around december it was around 50 endorsements and 1000 downloads, what this mod has but now it seems that you need 60 endorsements and over 1200 downloads, I don't understand a bit of it).

• 2 years later...