Hearthfire is out for PC!

Tarm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I am kind of ignorant: I had thought Hearthfire was fairly limiting as far as what could be done compared to what modders have done with houses using the CK. In what way do you think Hearthfire will be a benefit to modders?

I'm not trying to argue or be negative, I genuinely am interested in it's potential benefits.

I guess I am kind of ignorant: I had thought Hearthfire was fairly limiting as far as what could be done compared to what modders have done with houses using the CK. In what way do you think Hearthfire will be a benefit to modders?

I'm not trying to argue or be negative, I genuinely am interested in it's potential benefits.

Basically I'm hoping modders will create mods that let you build your own house to your own liking ingame without having to go through the painful (I always get a headache when I try to do things in the CK.) and very boring process of learning to create house mods in the CK.

Pretty much what i been thinking, although i dont have anything against it, im wondering how much money they got from it on xbox since they brought it to pc....i remember somewhere reading it was only for xbox and suddenly its coming to pc.

I dont think that many people asked for it, since as you said we have already such mods.

@Tarm

If im not mistaken you already have mods where you can build a whole fortress...although i never tried it out myself.

Basically I'm hoping modders will create mods that let you build your own house to your own liking ingame without having to go through the painful (I always get a headache when I try to do things in the CK.) and very boring process of learning to create house mods in the CK.

So using the Hearthfire mod to create more varied "build your own" houses? That would be a potential plus. Thanks for explaining. :biggrin:

Pretty much what i been thinking, although i dont have anything against it, im wondering how much money they got from it on xbox since they brought it to pc....i remember somewhere reading it was only for xbox and suddenly its coming to pc.

I dont think that many people asked for it, since as you said we have already such mods.

@Tarm

If im not mistaken you already have mods where you can build a whole fortress...although i never tried it out myself.

Yeah. It's called Build Your Own House or something. I think there's a mod where you build a settlement, a fortress as you say too. Wasn't it on the front page for a while?

Anyway I've heard that those mods aren't perfect and I'm hoping Hearthfire will help much in solving those problems.

Edit: Microsoft had exclusive rights of one release month to the first two Skyrim expansions. That's why Dawnguard and now Hearthfire wasn't released at the same time for xbox and PC.

@Tarm

Yeah. It's called Build Your Own House or something. I think there's a mod where you build a settlement, a fortress as you say too. Wasn't it on the front page for a while?

Anyway I've heard that those mods aren't perfect and I'm hoping Hearthfire will help much in solving those problems.

Edit: Microsoft had exclusive rights of one release month to the first two Skyrim expansions. That's why Dawnguard and now Hearthfire wasn't released at the same time for xbox and PC.

Ah i see, i knew about Dawnguard being released first on xbox, but i thought Hearthfire was only for xbox....oh well now i know, thanks.

I think there's a mod where you build a settlement, a fortress as you say too. Wasn't it on the front page for a while?

That's Tundra Defense, and it's pretty awesome. The major advantage it's going to have over HF is that objects in TD can be placed anywhere, while HF follows a much more linear, set-piece design.

I was beginning to suspect that we'd see HF for PC soon when all the TES titles went on sale the other day.

I think there's a mod where you build a settlement, a fortress as you say too. Wasn't it on the front page for a while?

That's Tundra Defense, and it's pretty awesome. The major advantage it's going to have over HF is that objects in TD can be placed anywhere, while HF follows a much more linear, set-piece design.

I was beginning to suspect that we'd see HF for PC soon when all the TES titles went on sale the other day.

That's the name! I have a good but short memory.

I thought the same when I saw TES titles on sale. Lucky we was right. :)