Credo - WIP

CanisRex84

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/ActusReus/Credo02_zps944c458a.png

W.I.P.

"cre·do/ˈkrēdō/

Noun: A statement of the beliefs or aims that guide someone's actions: "he announced his credo in his first editorial"."

This thread is purely for my WIP, something I started some time ago, however at the time I did not have the knowledge to fulfil my ambitions. Now thanks to some of the kind and helpful people on the Nexus, but mostly due to the work of Nightasy and his brilliant Yourtube video tutorials, I have been able to realise some of the goals I had previously set my self.

This planned mod is an aesthetic overhaul, a re-interpretation of the lore of Tamriel. The vision and the work is my own, but that doesnt mean I would not appreciate suggestions and ideas.

The more research assistants I have the more inspiration I will gain, which will hasten my time spent on this mod. So please feel free to post photos/pictures, especially of Transitional Armour from the 14th century.

What is my Credo

My ultimate goal is to replace 100% of the vanilla armours and weapons (at least). At least meaning that I may also go on to look at replacing common clothes as well. Clutter, Architecture, monsters, quests, items & gameplay will most likely be left untouched. Therefore ensuring this mods compatibility with as many other mods as possible, any mods that add armour or weaponry instead of replacing them will work fine with the finished article.

As for the theme..

It has been pointed out that the armours currently on display fall into the aesthetic appearance of that in Europe in 1300's, why I am doing this is purely down to my own personal preference, oh and not to forget the abundance of stunning models CD Projekt RED has graciously allowed everyone to use from the Witcher 2.

This mod would not have been possible without the resources allowed yo us without CD Projekt RED..

I am not attempting to reduce the amount of fantasy within the cannon of Skyrim, merely inject more of what I perceive to be realism. To me "realism" does enrich a work of fiction.

As for my "re-interpretation of the Lore" well by this I mean that in my opinion I will just be changing the flavour, rather than changing the drink.. Maybe not explained all that well, but if you keep checking back I am sure the pictures will tell more then the words I can muster.

Credo Today

This has now become an open source project with various members of the modding community here on the Nexus taking the lead. The original project was abandoned by my self, however good work with a similar philosophy/Credo to what I had when undertaking this project is still being worked on...

Some of the work completed by my self has been uploaded to the Nexus, easily found by searching "Credo"

Good Luck

Sincerely

Actus Reus

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now see, that is exactly the type of thing I was hoping for.. Thank you very much..

Edit: I especially like what the knight in the middle is wearing in this picture:

http://thelosttreasurechest.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/italianmedievalarmies13cs1.jpg?w=700&h=

It looks like a very rudimentary coat of plates or armored surcoat, brand new technology around the late 13th and early 14th centuries. There's a port of the Blue Stripes commandos from The Witcher 2 out there, I remember the light version having some type of coat of plates on it.

EDIT: here it is - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7807

look in the user image submissions for it.

Edited by nuked92

I know the model you are referring to and will certainly be making use of the upper torso on that one..

However on the illustration you posted I was most interested in the red part, the bit that is around his mid with its own sort of skirt.. unfortunately my skills are by no means good enough to create such a mesh from scratch at the moment, but it is definitely something to try out..

Thanks again

I don't intend to be critical, but you have only one sentence in your post about what you're actually doing: "This planned mod is an aesthetic overhaul, a re-interpretation of the lore of Tamriel." From the rest of the post I surmise that this aesthetic overhaul will focus around making it look like Europe in the 1300's...? But will you be reinterpreting only the outfits, as we've seen so far? Or other things such as the architecture and clutter? Monsters and races? ...Quests, removing fantasy altogether? And what exactly comprises a "reinterpretation of the lore"? o.O

I'm sorry. At least I am only critical of your post, not your mod... I just wish there was more information.

I don't intend to be critical, but you have only one sentence in your post about what you're actually doing: "This planned mod is an aesthetic overhaul, a re-interpretation of the lore of Tamriel." From the rest of the post I surmise that this aesthetic overhaul will focus around making it look like Europe in the 1300's...? But will you be reinterpreting only the outfits, as we've seen so far? Or other things such as the architecture and clutter? Monsters and races? ...Quests, removing fantasy altogether? And what exactly comprises a "reinterpretation of the lore"? o.OI'm sorry. At least I am only critical of your post, not your mod... I just wish there was more information.

Point well made and well taken..

I suppose as this is purely the thread for my work in its various stages of progress I felt my overall ambition was secondary to that of showcasing what is currently being produced.

However your point is succinct and I agree with it completely. Therefore I will update the 1st post of the thread with a brief outline of my intentions.

Thank you for your constructive post.

The Imperial Archer armor is great!!! I hope you have success with your mod :D

My thanks.. lol.. but of all the armours to praise.. That one in particular I have made no changes to whatsoever besides the texture..

I have to say a thank you to everyone that has commented so far, for the 1st day of the thread I am pleasantly surprised at the support.. Check back sometime tomorrow as there will a at least one or two new things :thumbsup: