Credo - WIP

CanisRex84

His rules:

there's only a few rules to using these models:

1. don't sell them, or use them in a commercial game without my permission.

2. give credit when you use them in a mod.

3. don't pretend you created them.

other than that, you DON'T have to ask for permission, you're completely free to use the models.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=76943.0

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waffenbaum, can you upload the helmet and the armor you showed in you pic :)

The shields are uploaded now. I forgot the spec map for the kite shield. The upload is so heavy so Ill just include it when I upload something else. If you are able to edit it, just fill it black. It is white now, meaning its all glossy. Post pics of the shields asap please :) Looking forward to seeing how they look ingame.

Edited by luddemann

No .nifs in his last post and he said he had retextured the model. I thought it looked way better for some reason. Fenriks will finish the stormcloak vet soon. Then he'll du Ulfric. Derok is almost finished with his models. After all that is complete we'll release the mod. Have you been able to fix the IG models? I am leaving for Chinia for three months on 2. december to sometime in febuary. I will not be able to do anything during that time.

When I retextured the Witcher shields, I found that the models were overly reflective/glossy in the actual game. Never managed to find out why, but I suspect it was not done intentionally by redxavier.

I would check if the normal map does have an alpha channel at all, since it's used by the game engine to filter the specularity. And if if has one, you could try darkening it.

Ludd:

I changed the color of the armor slightly, darkened the leather and and added "fake" shadow to all stitching and creases in the leather. Very small details which adds an illusion of depth.

The armor in the picture is: "Craftable Blue Stripes Elite Armor v1-1" from http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7807//? (light version) and a scarf from http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16660//?

The shields I talked about retexturing are these: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18865/? I made them because I wanted something more medieval in skyrim rather than just round shields, and since the original witcher textures were too immersion breaking for me.

No .nifs in his last post and he said he had retextured the model. I thought it looked way better for some reason. Fenriks will finish the stormcloak vet soon. Then he'll du Ulfric. Derok is almost finished with his models. After all that is complete we'll release the mod. Have you been able to fix the IG models? I am leaving for Chinia for three months on 2. december to sometime in febuary. I will not be able to do anything during that time.

Which ig models?

And with the release: this week isn't a good one for me to mod, Job applications...

I must also prepare the imperial armors and the last coming models.

For the helmets, try a tool called openBRF, that should work ;)

Ah ok. IG is imperial guard :wink: Just as long as you have everything you need from me before I leave. It would be cool to see the mod released before december the 2. though. Maybe we can get file of the month.

@Waffenbaum: Ah ok :) And yes, I saw your shield pack. I was quite inspired by it. I guess you will notice when witcher releases pictures of the shields. Hope you dont mind.

Edited by luddemann

Why month? You mean of the (rest of the) year :D

Well, i'll do much as possible... Just some texture path work on nifskope... Btw i'll finish the actually version without weight sliders, cause it looks not good when its mixed :D

Do we send a video preview version 1-2 days before the release date to gopher, hodilton&co?

Oh and make sure to upload all your stuff to your resources before leaving us ;)

Yeye. Ill send you everything :) What do you mean without weight sliders? Use weight sliders on the armors we have weight slider for! Just cause a couple of the armors didnt have weight sliders doesnt mean the rest shouldnt have!

We can talk about video previews and such when we are closer to release ;)