Credo - WIP

CanisRex84

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is the kinda of offer I like, Nuked has not been on here posting Osprey pictures for a while now, and this was my favourite source..

I completely agree with your idea of showing some cross border cultural influence, like you said in the soutth of Skyrim. Your English is perfect and your input is most welcome. Thank you..

Thanks for your kindness; it seems that nuked92 has come back with a lot of beautiful new images! :thumbsup:

Personally I think that sallet (with or without bevor), while being my favourite helmet, isn't lore-friendly. Same thing happens about the so-called 'maximilian armour', 'gothic plate', 'milanese' and so on. These are too advanced in technology for a world like Skyrim, and maybe useless, because of the orography that doesn't permit large battles (field battles?) and because knights are footed (in the game, at least).

Here are some pics:

English Knight 13th Century #1

English Knight 13th Century #2

English Knight 14th Century #1

English Knight 14th Century #2

English Knight 14th Century #3

English Knight 15th Century #1

English Knight 15th Century #2

These are from Osprey Warrior Series.

Tell me if you need something more specific :whistling:

Ah, and congratulation for the two last great models, both are wonderful. :dance:

Edited by Siegrain90

@Nuked..

Right I looked through them all, amazing.. just amazing.. I will be coming back to that post for some time I think..

Oh and this http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0hh2q0Ou1qa09nfo1_500.jpg

What is that? I'll tell you what that is, its completely inaccurate and over the top.. But I love it..lol.. maybe not the helm and certainly not the oversized mace, but it looks like one of the better miniatures from warhammer but life size..

@Siegrain..

Also fantastic, especially like how the knights/men at arms are dissected and the different parts are explained.

Re the historical accuracy of certain items: Its more by feel than by strict time periods, I think it was more than a little inaccurate of my self to label this a medieval themed mod in the 1st place..

Whilst what you say is true about the technological differences and the lack of realistic open field battles, I see Skyrim as a possibility to take part in a play (sort of)..

By this I mean certain things must be scaled down by need, i.e. the amount of combatants in certain battles or the amount of NPC's in Holds..

So I will be striving to find a balance between creating a feel of something big (I have gone off the word epic due to its over misuse on the internet) and something that works within the constrictions of a computer game..

Credo, will be at some stage modular.. This 1st Credo being defined by replacing Arms and Armaments with that of a broad middle ages aesthetic.

Empire = Advanced powerful European house of the middle to late medieval period, a healthy balanced mix of the Holy Roman Empire, France, Spain, England and the Italian City States (my favourite of which is Venezia)..

Nords = Norsemen of an earlier period in the middle ages, spanning from the dark ages to the mid medieval period, whilst still having some influences from their more advanced neighbour the Cyrodilic Empire.. Not just Norse, but everything the men of northern europe helped influence.. i.e. the Rus, Volga Vikings, Varangian Guard and certain other troops of the Byzantine Empire, Anglo Saxons, Normans and of course Vikings themselves..lol..

Sounds like a complete mess, when I put it like this I know.. but then its my job (now along with my brother Aspicio) to use our imaginations to meld these designs/cultures/aesthetics into something presentable that we can both enjoy whilst playing Skyrim..

I stated that Credo would be modular..

Future modules of Credo (entirely depending on the passage of time and circumstances it may bring), will be to Overhaul other aspects of the world or Skyrim..

Interiors, castles, architecture, NPC's and more.. but this is currently so far off its not even worth talking about yet..

Actus

@Nuked..

Right I looked through them all, amazing.. just amazing.. I will be coming back to that post for some time I think..

Oh and this http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0hh2q0Ou1qa09nfo1_500.jpg

What is that? I'll tell you what that is, its completely inaccurate and over the top.. But I love it..lol.. maybe not the helm and certainly not the oversized mace, but it looks like one of the better miniatures from warhammer but life size..

@Siegrain..

Also fantastic, especially like how the knights/men at arms are dissected and the different parts are explained.

Re the historical accuracy of certain items: Its more by feel than by strict time periods, I think it was more than a little inaccurate of my self to label this a medieval themed mod in the 1st place..

Whilst what you say is true about the technological differences and the lack of realistic open field battles, I see Skyrim as a possibility to take part in a play (sort of)..

By this I mean certain things must be scaled down by need, i.e. the amount of combatants in certain battles or the amount of NPC's in Holds..

So I will be striving to find a balance between creating a feel of something big (I have gone off the word epic due to its over misuse on the internet) and something that works within the constrictions of a computer game..

Credo, will be at some stage modular.. This 1st Credo being defined by replacing Arms and Armaments with that of a broad middle ages aesthetic.

Empire = Advanced powerful European house of the middle to late medieval period, a healthy balanced mix of the Holy Roman Empire, France, Spain, England and the Italian City States (my favourite of which is Venezia)..

Nords = Norsemen of an earlier period in the middle ages, spanning from the dark ages to the mid medieval period, whilst still having some influences from their more advanced neighbour the Cyrodilic Empire.. Not just Norse, but everything the men of northern europe helped influence.. i.e. the Rus, Volga Vikings, Varangian Guard and certain other troops of the Byzantine Empire, Anglo Saxons, Normans and of course Vikings themselves..lol..

Sounds like a complete mess, when I put it like this I know.. but then its my job (now along with my brother Aspicio) to use our imaginations to meld these designs/cultures/aesthetics into something presentable that we can both enjoy whilst playing Skyrim..

I stated that Credo would be modular..

Future modules of Credo (entirely depending on the passage of time and circumstances it may bring), will be to Overhaul other aspects of the world or Skyrim..

Interiors, castles, architecture, NPC's and more.. but this is currently so far off its not even worth talking about yet..

Actus

I definitely agree with you about aesthetic of medieval armours in Skyrim. Something like GOT (that obviously is a fictional work): plain armors enriched with household banners and so on. 'Epic' but still functional :biggrin:

I am personally inclined to see the Empire (in Skyrim) more like the HRE in late middle ages, because of the somewhat ideal continuation of political asset. I totally like your idea about Nords and various european influences in Empire armours!

I'll upload some other illustration in the evening and tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Just for curiosity, and because I'd like to start doing that; how long have you been making models for Skyrim?

:happy:

Well, I havent made any yet..lol..

They are all reused, resized, reskinned and retextured assets mainly from the Witcher 2 as CD Projekt RED were absolutely amazing in the fact they allowed anyone to use them for non-profit purposes like this..

I have also used some Open Source models and textures from the TaleWolrds forum and the Mount and Blade Nexus, mostly for Helms, but I will be relying on them heavily for all sorts of medieval and nordic weaponry..

Whilst my brother and I will be creating brand new content for Credo, the project would be almost impossible for a 2 man job when creating everything from nothing.. And it would seem a crime to not use what CD Projekt RED have so generously allowed us to use..

The technical aspects of what I have done so far are amateur, the only part I have true belief in is my own artistic eye and vision for the project as a whole..

I am currently acting like a sort of producer, choosing bits here and there and re-painting them to make something new (whilst not exactly original)..

I have recently been quite harshly criticised by a fellow modder (who will remain unnamed), because my 2 released mods made it to the Hot files. The criticism was that I did not accomplish any of the work my self.

And have never claimed to have made any of the models that I have not, and always given credit where it is due..

Its true that I did not make any of the models from scratch, but I did put them together in such a way that other people enjoyed them and wished to download them for their personal use, this is what matters to me. I do not see my self in competition with anyone else.

I am simply creating this Credo mod for my own benefit, as I was disappointed with many of the aesthetic's of vanilla Skyrim. Not for popularity.

Saying this, of course it is a very happy bi-product if other people share my views and tastes and even tell me they are looking forward to playing Skyrim all over again with my new look..

Sorry probably more info than you bargained for..

With regards to learning to do what I am doing, its easy.. as long as you have the time and patience..

Nightasy video tutorials

Check out the above, its where I learnt pretty much everything I know.. 3DS Max is available for students and the unemployed (apparently), so that's what I use..

"I have recently been quite harshly criticised by a fellow modder (who will remain unnamed), because my 2 released mods made it to the Hot files. The criticism was that I did not accomplish any of the work my self."

That's weird, and I can see why you didn't say the name of that modder.

People would certainly burn him on a bonfire when they look at these armors and think of what that person said.

It's not easy to mix-and-match existing armors.

I know that, I've been making armors by that sort of method for long time. (And hey, Vampire Hunter Gear was pretty successful mod, even though I always thought nobody liked it)

Also, my current armor mod (Which I can't release because I can't link it to Dawnguard due to CK issues. Curses) is built from couple of vanilla armors, and people have shown they like it.

(At least on workshop, though I can admit the quality of mods is not that high on workshop..)

The point is, you can call mod yours even if you haven't made the items from a scratch, you just need original and good idea, and the results need to be good.

And in this case, well, I can just say this is going to be best guard overhaul I've seen. Not just some new hats and textures for guard armors.

@ jfprovata

IAren't Witcher 2 assets free to use too? I've seen many mods made with those assets, and I've made/put together one by myself too and uploaded it?

there's a lot of cloth padding for the soldier characters, so their waists are much too constricted. they shouldn't be hourglass shaped. the knights look like they're wearing corsets. Edited by 213