Credo - WIP

CanisRex84

Hi, I like your idea, but are you also going to replace banners and shields for Riften, since its color is violet? Also, what about females? I havent seen any of these armors on female and there is lot of guard females etc.

I have seen some of stand-alone mods you have posted, but will you make all stand-alone and also replacer to choose from? I really like the idea, but I am afraid, I am too much used to vanilla armors and I also like much of them.

Sorry for so much questions :)

Edited by Tami535

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the greek alphabets, it might not be perfect, but it looks good.To me that is the only thing which really matters.And I believe I am not the only one who thinks so.Also, I'd also be really happy to know how to change items in nifskope so it'd be possible to assign them to different item slots.

I will doing some brushing up on some more Nifskope tutorials later today, if I find anything out I will post here.. fingers crossed.. Otherwise I might have to try out the latest version of the import/export script again..

Hi, I like your idea, but are you also going to replace banners and shields for Riften, since its color is violet? Also, what about females? I havent seen any of these armors on female and there is lot of guard females etc.I have seen some of stand-alone mods you have posted, but will you make all stand-alone and also replacer to choose from? I really like the idea, but I am afraid, I am too much used to vanilla armors and I also like much of them. Sorry for so much questions :)

Yes, yes, yes, no..lol..

I will be replacing all banners, shields, helms, outfits and weapons in the vanilla Skyrim.. with a few exceptions as and when I go, no exceptions when it comes to armour, just some of the peasant clothes, as I think they fit quite well.. Farmers Clothes 01, 02, 03 & I think 04 are all nice enough.. Female version will be made, however they will not be skimpy or sexy..

the standalone mods will be the non-faction armours I create as and when I go, these are basically demo versions of the future replacers, they will be updated and possibly changed when the final project is finished. Whereupon they will be replacers and non-replacers..

By this I mean that all vanilla armours will be replaced, but there will also be much more variation of each armour added by Credo..

Example being, instead of.. I dont know how many leather armours there are in vanilla but lets say its 2/3.. there will be at least 4/5 variations of the "normal" leather non-faction armour to choose from.. but none of the vanilla content..

Like I said if someone wishes to create a version of the mod that doesn not replace normal vanilla non faction armours, I will upload this as an optional version of the mod. But I will not be working towards this..

I'd love to see a variation of this mod when its released that only affects the empire, stormcloaks and townguards if possible or at all in your future plans. Fantastic work either way. =)

Only? You mean no vanilla replacers for standard items such as Steel armour etc etc.. I am afraid this is not something that I will be working towards, but if someone wishes to do the CK work to make a non-replacer version I will upload it as an option with the completed mod..

Well what i mean is your work on the empire shows a clear foreign power feel on them which i love and idea of the stormcloaks being somewhat more ragtag mob instead of the vanilla armours style of a nordic army is a great idea aswell, I also love how you have designed the town guards.

But i guess for me I still like the vanilla armour sets for iron and steel etc as they feel very nordic, and seeing as you are partly using the wither assets they dont seem to fit aesthetically in my mind, particularly as there is no female mesh for the plate armour sets which does look on when they wear them to me.

That being said, weve not seen you work on them yet so i am very interested to see how you handle those sets, particularly how you decide to handle leather, glass and dragon sets. Im deffinately doing to have to check the completed mod out regardless because the ammount of work you are putting in seems far to epic to miss. =)

Also pretty curious to see what you are going to do with guild faction armour sets. :P

Edited by SilentStorm

Do you know of a more lore friendly alphabet suitable for the Imperials?..

Latin

Latin is based off the greek alphabet and doesn't really have an alphabet of its own, expect V and U are the same thing, as for J and I.

But anyways, what about replacing it with the dragon tongue alphabet you can find in High High Hrothgar? Don't forget that the dragons are Cyrodiil's symbol.

The problem with Dragon tongue being that only a select few know how to read it.

It wouldn't be right in the lore, However Greek would seem nice, but if you ever look at the gold you'd see the Empire's motto that would be cool if it got translated to Greek.

''The Empire is Law, The Law is Sacred.''

And

''Praise Be Akatosh And All The Divines.''

That's what septims have on them.

Some inspiration.

Edited by Gronorix

Latin

Latin is based off the greek alphabet and doesn't really have an alphabet of its own, expect V and U are the same thing, as for J and I.

But anyways, what about replacing it with the dragon tongue alphabet you can find in High High Hrothgar? Don't forget that the dragons are Cyrodiil's symbol.

Dragons are their motif because the Emperor was Dovahkiin; they don't worship dragons, hence why using the Dragontongue would make no sense since those words when used correctly can alter the nature of reality. The only real dragon they worship is Akatosh, and technically he isn't a dragon but the concept of time incarnated into the shape of a dragon.

As far as Cyrodill being a jungle, it was described as such in the Pocket Guide to the Empire in Morrowind. It was overlooked by developers hence the temperate Oblivion we got via the excuse of CHIM.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Cyrodiil#Geography

Latin

Dragons are their motif because the Emperor was Dovahkiin; they don't worship dragons, hence why using the Dragontongue would make no sense since those words when used correctly can alter the nature of reality. The only real dragon they worship is Akatosh, and technically he isn't a dragon but the concept of time incarnated into the shape of a dragon.

As far as Cyrodill being a jungle, it was described as such in the Pocket Guide to the Empire in Morrowind. It was overlooked by developers hence the temperate Oblivion we got via the excuse of CHIM.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Cyrodiil#Geography

That explanation makes cyrodiil sound awesome, and makes me sad oblivion turned out the way it did. Though perhaps that was a design limit of the eingine? :o

Edited by SilentStorm