Heartfire - worth it or not?

kingdark

89 members have voted

1. 1. Is heartfire worth buying?

• A straight YES! no Ifs, what's or or's about it.
    • A straight NO! No ifs, whats or or's about it.
    • Yes but...
    • No but...
    • Huh?
    • Oink!
    • Maybe

I have no complaints. $5 is really nothing these days. It costs me twice as much just to eat one meal. I probably would have payed the same price just for an update, so extra content is always welcome, no matter what it does. Skyrim is just that damn good.

Yeah the Display Boxes not working irritates the crap out of me, in the Bethesda Heartfire video they showed all sorts of stuff in them, what ever I put in them ends up on the floor. That little perk was why I bought it in the first place. The Unofficial Hearthfire patch doesn't fix it either:(

Well, since I've been playing it for a while, I've discovered a few more bugs with it. I initially had noticed that the numerous display cases in the houses didn't work AT ALL. There is also a minor annoying bug with the alchemy tower where you can build furniture and stuff for the tower, but the workbench doesn't read that you've built those items and wants you to build them a second time. You don't actually HAVE to build them twice, but the workbench gives you the option to build them twice because it's buggy. If you build them twice, nothing bad happens. There was another room that did this as well, not just the alchemy tower, but I forget which room it is.

I've forgotten the other bug I was noticing.

I'm still glad I bought Hearthfire, though. It's been very fun for me, despite the bugs and limitations. :biggrin:

Hearthfires sick , mainly for people who collect and needed somthing else to do in the game...ive done pretty much everything there is to do in the game...countless hours,so i was a nice little change of pace to build up a house for everything ive collected..love my trophy room, only problem ....i cant put any of my weapons in the display cases..ive never had that problem until now, im an xbox player byt the way, f*** that mod s*** on a computer...i dont think its the same...but whatever hopfully they get a patch for the hearthfire.

I have looked at the locations for Heartfire, and they are all in areas where you can't buy a house in the starting game. I would like to see the options of location expanded. So I will not buy it for the present.

Yeah the Display Boxes not working irritates the crap out of me, in the Bethesda Heartfire video they showed all sorts of stuff in them, what ever I put in them ends up on the floor. That little perk was why I bought it in the first place. The Unofficial Hearthfire patch doesn't fix it either:(

Unoffical heartffire patch fixes this.

Would you kindly elaborate? What potential for modding do you see?

Sorry. I would have answered earlier, but things were starting to get heated here to the point I needed a break. (not in this thread)

As I mentioned in the thread that was linked here, with the addition of children's clothing I see an entire area for modders to add a whole line of children's clothing and toys. I also see potential for realism mods regarding the various building supplies and acquiring them. As the others mentioned (and I said in the other thread) someone who is a good modeler, but not necessarily fluent in Papyrus could probably simply make new modulars for the houses and change the entire appearance of the homesteads. (to a lesser extent a good texture artist could do some neat things as well) And someone who IS proficient in Papyrus could no doubt use the new standards setup to expand on these housing mods and make a proper estate or something equally cool. Instead of new player home mods we will now have new "build your home" optional mods.

While I am all for supporting a game I like by buying its DLC offerings, I also have to say that the Hearthfire houses lack a lot in the area of detail and personality that I prefer from creating my own houses with the CK or checking out the creations of other users.

Anyways, was hardly a waste of 5 bucks, but I feel like its bland. Its sort of....CK Lite...or something. I dunno I'm just spoiled I suppose.

Played around with this DLC, then used the powerful Home Construction and Decoration mod to improve what looks to be a inflexible, slightly buggy kit, by adding more furniture, containers, lighting (some parts and rooms of Lakeside Manor were too dark, so I set up a half-dozen Imperial candelabras), and equipment to make the home more worthwhile to live in.

Stemin also hits the nail on that one: new DLCs means more for modders to play with, improve and build from, to create new content.

Darn, LOL, it helps to have a mother who avidly reads issues of House Beautiful.

Edited by sa547