Infinite Loading Screens-Vortex

jestersvengence

I haven't played Skyrim SE in a while, so I decided to reinstall Skyrim and use Vortex for a mod manager. Needless to say I have had nothing but issues. SSE shows no errors and neither does Loot. When I launch the game it goes to the loading screen and the music never starts and I get the pinwheel forever. I've been told that its not a Vortex issue that it is a mod.

I think the probelm here is "RS Children" and its dependencies. The current version of USSEP makes changes to Aventus Aretino, which causes problems with other mods changing him - including RS Children.

You can read the full explanation here (first sticky post):

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266?tab=posts

To alleviate this situation, in its latest masterlist, LOOT (which is the base for Vortex' sorting-function) puts the Unofficial Patch BELOW RSChildren. This is a rather unusual move (normally USSEP is always loaded BEFORE anything else). In a situation, where you only have USSEP and RS Children, this load order tweak solves the infinite loading wheel issue.

In a load order like yours, where you have additional patches for RS Children, it's likely to bring the loading screen problem back.

My suspicion is that one of the patches you have for RS Children brings the old entries for Aventus back, thereby causing a fatal mod conflict with USSEP.

Okay, tech talk aside. I see three options for you:

1. Download and install the "Aventus Aretino USSEP fix" here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13409/?tab=files (fist file). Then play around with your load order. Probably load the Aventus Aretino fix AFTER your patches for RS Children. See how this goes.

2. Deactivate / uninstall RS Children. Bad solution, I know, but at least your game will start...

3. Create a patch yourself in XEdit. The hard way - but probably the best...

Good luck!

And BTW: Don't blame Vortex for this. They simply forward a (debatable, but understandable) sorting rule from the LOOT team...

I can vouch for Agabar's assessment. I moved USSEP ahead of RSChildren ESM in the load order and boom! Problem solved. I'm sure either mod author will post an update sometime in the near future but right now that seems to be the current fix for folks not looking to get too deep into XEdit. Algabar, thanks for the info! You're a hero today!

I can vouch for Agabar's assessment. I moved USSEP ahead of RSChildren ESM in the load order and boom! Problem solved. I'm sure either mod author will post an update sometime in the near future but right now that seems to be the current fix for folks not looking to get too deep into XEdit. Algabar, thanks for the info! You're a hero today!

Thanks for the kind words. :cool:

You're welcome.

I appreciate all the help. That was exactly the problem. Once I disabled RSChildren and its patches the game works properly. I am still not a big fan of Vortex. It seems to take a lot of control away from the user. Case in point trying to adjust the load order, there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust it manually in Vortex.

Same problem - solved by deinstalling Vortex after a runtime of less than one hour and reactivating NMM. :mad:

It's runnig again. Should've read this before I tried.

So - next try is MO2, hope that one works smoother.

Edited by StarShowMaster