idea for a climb mod

genosias

Hi guys!

English is not my first language so i try to explain my idea but sorry if it's not understandable.

I'm tired about my 62lvl caracter who can kill dragons but can't climb a little rock.

But his horse can!

So i'm asking you: is there a way to apply horse physic to the player caracter?

Maybe there is a setting for tolerance to high objects (i don't know how to explain that).

Maybe it's a good start for a climb mod, it will be great!

Can somebody tell me if it's possible?

Thanks.

Edited by genosias

I approve of this idea, you come up to a small hill that is just above your head, then you press climb and your Character would go Horse Climb Animation onto the hill.

Mmmh yes it will be great but it's not what i'm try to explain;

you see, horses can walk easily over the obstacles, sometimes they walk on allmost vertical surfaces.

what i'm saying it's maybe we can set the player caracter for he can also doing that.

Excuse my bad English.

Edited by genosias

• 3 months later...

Don't apologize dude, your english is fine ^^

But yea I'm in total agreement with this idea. Lot of people seems to ask for climb mod with new animations and physics and all that jazz without understanding what an immense undertaking that would be.

No, it would be much easier and practical to just work with what's in the game, and we know it's possible to increase the degrees to which actors can move on vertical surfaces. Like the OP said, the horse is a perfect example.

Edited by bongalak

This doesn't sound like a bad idea.

If you were to add some form of crawling animation, triggered through a channeled "Climb" spell, you could use that for climbing and it would look fairly realistic (as long as the legs are stretched back at most times).

The Climb/Crawl spell would slow the player down but raise their angular tolerance so that it's mostly just good for climbing up hills, but I guess in certain situations it would help with hiding behind a short wall.