⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim Won't Start Up Through Mod Organizer 2

NegaChinChin

I had to reinstall my game after it was crashing each time I wanted to save and halted any possible progress. I used Vortex and wanted to switch to MO2 and give it a try. Right now I am really regretting that decision.

It seems that I must have MO2 running and launch the game from inside it to have the mods load. When I launch from the SKSEshort even with MO2 running its an old dirty vanilla. I have no Anti-Virus running, I gave MO2 and the vertual nets admin. Skyrim is in a special game folder. MO2 is in its Default, neither are in programs.

After installing the new Unofficial patch, To get the old DLC patches disabled I had to do that manually by moving them out of the game folder.

I really don't want to have to open the MO2 each time i want to run the game. Further if i have to deal with the mods manually whats the purpose of having it?

Looking for a way around having to launch from inside MO2 and a good reason to keep using it.

All that's required is a reset of control.

depends on a lot where all your mods are installed @

a reset deals with removing the current control sets.

these are in the users app's Local folders.

you find Vortex ,MO 2, and the game name and delete them---if you wish save them all into a new folder on the desktop as a back up.

Once they are gone ? reboot the PC

Now run the game directly from steam and hard save.

Now--your sitting brand new and nothing / no mod manager is controlling squat.

Steam is in command.

----------------------------------------------

Choice time. You can not migrate modding tools once a president is set in motion. You must decide which will give you more control over the mods, which will give you more access of the things you want to edit and Isolate.

Above is my best advice as to where these control folders lay. See previous post here on this thread.

so your going from steam to ? what to run your games?

Choose. I will help those that help them selves. I am here for you. I have no interest's in comparing apples and oranges, just getting you up and running.

--------------------------------------------

The most important features are this "Global" vs "Local" --"Instances"

If you choose Global, then Both managers will fight for supremacy over the game controls and write a whole bunch of junk leaving you where you are right now.

If you choose Local, your in command period.

So choose the right path and don't look back. there's a learning curve with both programs. MO2 curve is short and sweet. Vortex ? good luck fighting you operating system over controls.

Kitty Black

Edited by Purr4me